Welcome, Guest
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username

Password

(Advanced Search)

Forum Statistics
» Members: 4,056
» Latest member: de Jong
» Forum threads: 5,510
» Forum posts: 47,402

Full Statistics

Online Users
There are currently 743 online users.
» 2 Member(s) | 736 Guest(s)
Applebot, Bing, Facebook, Google, Yandex, Orion Pobursky, Rene Rechthaler

Latest Threads
Creator 2023
Forum: Official Models
Last Post: Marc Giraudet
1 hour ago
» Replies: 7
» Views: 720
Super Heroes sets
Last Post: Marc Giraudet
2 hours ago
» Replies: 7
» Views: 3,336
Set 10270 Bookshop
Forum: Part Requests
Last Post: Vincent Messenet
7 hours ago
» Replies: 3
» Views: 3,081
Parts for Beekeeper Minif...
Last Post: Jason Osicki
Yesterday, 20:56
» Replies: 2
» Views: 113
2024-03 update will be on...
Forum: Parts Tracker Discussion
Last Post: Orion Pobursky
Yesterday, 11:55
» Views: 393
LDraw vitual meeting (Liv...
Forum: General LDraw.org Discussion
Last Post: Nils Schmidt
2024-04-24, 21:03
» Replies: 6
» Views: 312
Technic 1982
Last Post: Takeshi Takahashi
2024-04-24, 15:49
» Replies: 14
» Views: 3,540
2024/2025 LDraw.org Steer...
Forum: LDraw.org Announcements
Last Post: Max Martin Richter
2024-04-23, 18:40
» Replies: 0
» Views: 365
Request for 102735
Last Post: Stephan den Ridder
2024-04-23, 4:56
» Views: 209
Wedgy-Slopes from '24 Spe...
Last Post: Ryan Hicks
2024-04-23, 0:12
» Replies: 4
» Views: 158

LD Pattern Creator - Reference Lines
Posted by: Reuben Pearse - 2016-04-03, 8:59 - Forum: LDraw Editors and Viewers - Replies (2)

Is there a way to delete reference lines in LD Pattern Creator - I'm using version 1.6.1

Thanks

Reuben

Print this item

Lightbulb issues with the new forum
Posted by: Don Heyse - 2016-04-02, 15:54 - Forum: Website Suggestions/Requests/Discussion - Replies (3)

Maybe I'm just too old, but I have some issues with the new forum... 

I think a button labeled "New Topic" would be nice.  The current name of that button (I can't see it now and can't remember what it was) is not informative.  At the very least it should include the word "new".

Would it be possible to access the weekly postings list without having to log in first?  A button near the mysterious "Portal" button would be nice.

The insert a link button always seems to put the link at the beginning of my post, no matter where I've positioned the cursor.  Same for some of the other buttons.

When I attempt to move something that was incorrectly placed at the beginning of the post, It erases everything else in the post.  

That's it for now.  Thanks,

Don

Print this item

[LDPartEditor] 0.8.9 Beta Released
Posted by: Nils Schmidt - 2016-04-02, 9:06 - Forum: Parts Author Tools - Replies (12)

Hello!

My weekend begins... and here is LDPartEditor 0.8.9...

[Image: imgDuke2.png]
As always, you can download LDPE from this page:
http://nilsschmidt1337.github.io/ldparteditor/

Changelog:
(6 new features and 8 bug fixes, 1 critical)

With this release you will be able to...

• ...get a standard file header on any new *.dat file.
  • ...benefit from a better performing colour change and BFC swap in the text editor.
  • ...benefit from a little bit faster render engine (depends on the 3D settings).
  • ...shutdown LDPE quicker. LDPE does not ask you for unsaved projects anymore.
  • ...see "Ctrl+Click" hints on button tooltips (only for modifiable functions, e.g. "Round")
  • ...get lowercase folders names in the project structure.

The following critical issues were fixed:

1. Risk of data loss: "Delete" in the text editor with no selected text threw an exception.
  2. The pipette copied the RGBA values from an overwritten colour 16.
  3. The subfile-compiler did not support "s\" sub-parts on linux.
  4. "Save As..." did not use the lowercase "s\" prefix for subfile names.
  5. "New Project" created a folder in the application directory.
  6. Shaders did not compile on Intel HD Graphics.
  7. The rubber band selection got cleared if the selection process was computationally intensive.
  8. Opening a file in the 3D editor was not sychronised with the part tree on the left.

What will the next release 0.8.10 deliver? A completely new options menu for GUI colour customisations and more...

The program was tested intensively with "real world" files.
However, it is still a beta version and something can go wrong in about 100.000 lines of code.

Make sure that you choose the right architecture for your OS and Java Virtual Machine (JVM) (64bit or 32bit).
A short guide how to check if a 64bit JVM is installed on your system is located at the bottom of this message.

1. Download the zip-Archive
  2. Extract the archive content to the location of your choice
  3. On windows, double-click "run.bat" to start LDPE.
  4. On linux/mac, you have to excecute the shell script "run.sh" to start LDPE.

Please note that this software is in the beta stage. Although, LDPE 0.8.9 was tested, there are already known issues  for this release. There is a potential risk of data loss.

You can search for updates if you do the following steps:

1. On windows, double-click "update.bat" to search for updates.
  2. On linux/mac, you have to excecute the shell script "update.sh".

I listen carefully to your requests and possible complaints. Please leave me a message, with your thoughts and wishes to further improve the software.

LDPE is a 3D CAD application: The overall system requirements are higher. While I recommend to use a powerful 64-bit multicore system, it could be possible, to run LDPE on older machines as well.

System Requirements:

Minimum System Requirements:
  • Java Runtime Environment (JRE) 1.8
  • OpenGL 2.1 compatible Graphics Card
  • Operating System (32/64bit): Windows [XP; Vista; 7 or newer], Mac OS X [>=10.6], Linux [e.g. Ubuntu Linux >=10.4]
  • CPU: Multicore-Processor e.g. Intel Core 2 Duo or AMD Athlon II (>2.0Ghz)
  • RAM: 4GB
  • Video-Memory: 512 MB
  • Free Disk Space: 100 MB

Recommended Requirements:
  • Operating System (64bit): Windows 7, Mac OS X [>=10.6], Linux [e.g. Ubuntu Linux >=10.4]
  • CPU: Multicore-Processor with 4 cores (or more)
  • RAM: >4 GB
  • Video-Memory: >=1 GB
  • Free Disk Space: 512 MB

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
How to check your JVM version (32- or 64-bit):
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You can try on the command line:

Code:
java -d64 version

If it's not a 64-bit version, you'll get a message that looks like:

Code:
This Java instance does not support a 64-bit JVM. Please install the desired version.

In general, I recommend to install the 64-bit version of the JVM for Java 8.

Print this item

View unread posts, by account
Posted by: Milan Vančura - 2016-04-01, 12:01 - Forum: Website Suggestions/Requests/Discussion - Replies (9)

Related to what Philippe reported but I do not want to "hijack" his topic so I add the new one.

I want the function usual all other forums I know: posts not read yet by me. Plus option "mark as read", of course. Of course I mean links to post and not threads, as Philippe already wrote.
EDIT: better said: a link to the first unread post in each thread.

So I can easily see what's new for me. Then open those I want to read, mark the rest as read and "have a clean table" for  the next time.

Is this possible?

Print this item

View recent posts
Posted by: Philippe Hurbain - 2016-04-01, 8:43 - Forum: Website Suggestions/Requests/Discussion - Replies (6)

The thing I really miss in the new forum is the "view recent posts" I had previously. The "view new posts" is much too volatile (if you get interrupted before seeing everything, you lose the rest). "View Today's Posts" is a bit better, but has still short memory. For a forum like this with relatively low volume, it could easily span several days (or more on several pages).

But what I miss even more in "view new posts" and "View Today's Posts" is to be able to directly see posts and not threads! Here I am sure to miss valuable contributions. I searched in settings, but found nothing to improve this behaviour.

Print this item

Forum bugs/feature requests/todo list - Please read before posting
Posted by: Orion Pobursky - 2016-04-01, 3:17 - Forum: Website Suggestions/Requests/Discussion - Replies (5)

A summation of bug reports and feature requests.
Please do not reply to this topic with suggestions. Instead post them as a separate topic.

Bugs:

None (yet)

Todo:

• Site Icons for titles and groups
  • Thread prefixes (i.e. Solved or LDView)
  • Update Hybrid-Thread view into its own option instead of replacing the linear view (Will not be implemented)

Print this item

Part 15506
Posted by: Christian Maglekær - 2016-03-31, 18:30 - Forum: Part Requests - Replies (1)

Hi.

Is there someone who can get this part from the LDD? Panda head

I have tried to use the converter program, but it is not successful for me.

Best regrads
Christian

Print this item

LD4D Studio
Posted by: Ed Bardet - 2016-03-31, 16:32 - Forum: Help - Replies (3)

Is LD4D Studio still available and viable? I'm having trouble downloading it due to security.
Thanx,
Ed

Print this item

LDPE's project concept
Posted by: Willy Tschager - 2016-03-31, 13:46 - Forum: Parts Author Tools - Replies (4)

Hi,

I would be glad if someone could explain me LDPE's project concept and it's usefulness. Since I usually just open/save .dats I never came across the moment I would not have clicked away that "Save project dialog".

w.

Print this item

New Forums Public Preview
Posted by: Orion Pobursky - 2016-03-30, 3:05 - Forum: LDraw.org Announcements - Replies (26)

The new forums are up for previewing at:
http://beta.ldraw.org/mybb/

The intent of the preview period is to find things that didn't convert well. This is not a live copy of the current forums but a static snapshot from a few hours ago. Anything you post will be wiped out when the actual conversion happens.

Please post bug reports as replies to this thread.

Print this item