Welcome, Guest
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username

Password

(Advanced Search)

Forum Statistics
» Members: 4,438
» Latest member: lego
» Forum threads: 5,673
» Forum posts: 48,473

Full Statistics

Online Users
There are currently 290 online users.
» 4 Member(s) | 281 Guest(s)
Applebot, Bing, Facebook, Google, Twitter, 3CFigs, Jeff Jones, Mark Kennedy, Rene Rechthaler

Latest Threads
Rubber DBG missing from L...
Forum: Official File Specifications/Standards
Last Post: Willy Tschager
3 hours ago
» Replies: 1
» Views: 54
Plug34.dat and related pa...
Forum: Parts Authoring
Last Post: Javier Orquera
8 hours ago
» Replies: 14
» Views: 5,906
Trying to find multiple p...
Forum: General LDraw.org Discussion
Last Post: Jeff Jones
11 hours ago
» Replies: 3
» Views: 83
Part Request: BEAST'S HAI...
Forum: Part Requests
Last Post: 3CFigs
Yesterday, 23:00
» Replies: 0
» Views: 203
[LDPE] 1.8.89 Released (b...
Forum: Parts Author Tools
Last Post: Philippe Hurbain
Yesterday, 18:18
» Replies: 1
» Views: 57
5555 - Flag 3 1/2 x 2 Tri...
Forum: Part Requests
Last Post: Orion Pobursky
Yesterday, 16:42
» Replies: 2
» Views: 91
Town and Trains 1993
Forum: Official Models
Last Post: Takeshi Takahashi
Yesterday, 16:03
» Replies: 29
» Views: 17,914
Using downloaded .dat fil...
Forum: Help
Last Post: Lawford
2024-09-26, 20:53
» Replies: 4
» Views: 245
[LDPE] 1.8.88 Released (h...
Forum: Parts Author Tools
Last Post: Magnus Forsberg
2024-09-26, 19:27
» Replies: 9
» Views: 227
Technic 2024
Forum: Official Models
Last Post: Philippe Hurbain
2024-09-26, 14:17
» Replies: 16
» Views: 15,142

LSynth and MLCAD not happy.
Posted by: Jason Smith - 2011-09-08, 6:18 - Forum: LDraw Editors and Viewers - Replies (31)

I need help guys, LSynth will not work for me and I have spent that last 4hrs going around in circles.

Windows 7/64bit
MLCAD 3.30
LSynth 3.1
Everything installed in the typical locations
mlcad.ini file set correctly

I have everything and I mean everything exactly as is written in holly-woods tutorial. When trying to run LSynth the command console (system32\cmd.exe) says the following, 'C:\Users\J' is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file. The system cannot find the path specified. I had to take video of the console pop up and slow it down and freeze it to see what it says. I also get the first pop up shown on holly-woods troubleshooting page. I DO have the correct path set in the ini file though so this is what's confusing me!! I even set the wrong path and it took away the ability to even add a LSynth command in MLCAD, so MLCAD is reading the ini. I'm not getting any of the other errors so I don't know. any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks.

Print this item

Problem with Conditional Lines
Posted by: Gerald Lasser - 2011-09-07, 16:31 - Forum: LDraw File Processing and Conversion - Replies (1)

Hello,

I have been using different versions of LPUB and LDview in the past without
issues.

Also the most recent ones, LPub V4.0.0.11 along with LDView 4, were working in
the past (till 2 month ago) without issues.

Now I tried to render another Instruction and I got all the conditional lines in
the instructions.

I tried several settings in LDView before launching LPUB to switch off the
Contitional Lines.

I tried LDView from the commandline by myself to see when I can force the
Conditional lines, I succeeded with "-ConditionalHighlights=1"

Now I went through the code of LPUB on Sourceforge and I saw in the rendering
part that indeed this "-ConditionalHighlights=1" is set.

This made me really confused because I installed LPUB ...11 quite some time back
and then it was working fine... no other reinstall in the meantime...

Can anyone help me with this issue?

Thanks a lot!

Gerald

Print this item

LDraw Parts Tracker now uses LDView
Posted by: Philippe Hurbain - 2011-09-07, 14:59 - Forum: Website Suggestions/Requests/Discussion - Replies (5)

Chris Wrote:I am pleased to announce that the LDraw Parts Tracker has been updated to render its images using LDView, instead of ldglite.
Thanks to Travis Cobbs for building a version of LDView on the server and to Don Heyse for all his previous support for ldglite.
Is it expected that silver color (80) looks so desperately black here http://www.ldraw.org/cgi-bin/ptdetail.cg...336p36.dat or here http://www.ldraw.org/cgi-bin/ptdetail.cg...336p35.dat ?

Philo

Print this item

Consolidating Forums
Posted by: Orion Pobursky - 2011-09-06, 12:03 - Forum: Website Suggestions/Requests/Discussion - Replies (3)

So after a month and a half or so of the new forums, I have a feel for how the discussion is going. Due to relatively low usage I think that the MLCad, SR 3D Builder, Bricksmith, and LDView forums should be combined into one: LDraw Viewers and Editors. LPub can stay since it's the only instruction generating program and I think it would be inappropriate to lump into the All Other Programs forum.

Thoughts? Objections?

Print this item

Looking for parts 45179, 64699 and 64225
Posted by: Daniel - 2011-09-06, 5:26 - Forum: Parts Authoring - Replies (8)

I'm trying to find the files for 64225 (Peeron link). There is a similar part already in LDraw (part 47753), that's 4x4. I'm looking for the 4x3. Peeron has a rendered image for it, so I'm sure someone's made one, just don't know where to find it.
I'm also looking for the foldable box/playset base (Peeron link). Peeron doesn't have that one rendered yet. And for the ramp from the Bridge Chase set (Peeron link).
I'm trying to make the cars and sets from the Tiny Turbos line. I'd love to see more stickers, but I totally understand the issues involved in making those. :-)
Thanks in advance for anything anyone can do to help me with these.
-Daniel

Print this item

LDD-derived parts
Posted by: Travis Cobbs - 2011-09-04, 17:42 - Forum: Standards Board - Replies (5)

Chris Dee asked me to bring up something that was brought to his attention by Magnus Forsburg.

Magnus Forsburg Wrote:Hello Chris,

I have seen a lot of parts extracted from LDD recently. Do/Should we have a policy on how to give credit to TLG on these parts?

Maybe all should have to have a History line like this:

0 HISTORY 20??-??-?? {LEGO Digital Designer} Original part shape
0 !HISTORY 20??-??-?? [UserName] File preparation for LDraw Parts Tracker

Do I dare publish this part, before it exists in any of LEGO's official sets?

/
Magnus

I agree that there should be something in the parts to indicate the origin of their base geometry. I would think that the same type of thing should be done with LEGO Universe-derived parts.

Print this item

OMR File Spec - Updated 9/4
Posted by: Orion Pobursky - 2011-09-04, 3:30 - Forum: Parts Authoring - Replies (4)

The Offical Model Repository Specification
Version: 0.6 (will turn 1.0.0 upon ratification by the LSC)
Author: Orion Pobursky

Purpose:
--------
The Official Model Repository (OMR) is a database of file in the LDraw File Format describing models that are released as sets by LEGO®.

For consistency between models and ease of indexing by software, a standard for the file headers, names, and hierarchy in the OMR is needed. This document will outline the extra requirements (in addition to those set forth in the current LDraw File Format specification) for a model to be included in the OMR

Base Requirements:
------------------
All files in the model will conform to the current LDraw File Format

Base File Naming:
-----------------
Each model in the OMR will consist of several files that are packaged together into a single MPD file. For sets that include instructions for multiple models, each model will have its own MPD file. Each MPD for the set will be named in the following manner:

<Set Number> - <Set Name> - <Sub Model Name>

Where:
<Set Number>: the number assigned on the container of the set
<Set Name>: The name of the set printed on the container in Australian English
<Sub Model Name>: This is Optional in most cases. This is required for alternate models that are detailed in instructions (e.g. the Creator theme). In this case the naming is left to the discretion of the author but should be descriptive of the model contained in the MPD.

For playsets or other sets where there are multiple models that are part of an integral whole, all of the submodels will be contained in one MPD.

Example:
The creator set 4896 - Roaring Roadsters has 3 models in the instructions:
Set 4896 - Roaring Roadsters - Roadster.mpd
Set 4896 - Roaring Roadsters - Dragster.mpd
etc...

MPD File Structure
-------------------
The MPD will conform to the MPD File Specification.

Each filename will have the structure:
<Set Number> - <Optional Qualifier> - <Individual filename>
Where:
<Set Number> is the the number printed on the model's container
<Optional Qualifier> is a suqential number, starting with 1, added if there are more than one sets that could be assigned <Set Number>.
<Individual filename> is up to the discretion of the author with the following guidance:
- A logical naming scheme is highly desired.
- Individual models in the set (e.g. a vehicle or minifig) shall have their own separate file inside the MPD.
- Minifig file name should have the name of the character, if known

The unofficial parts are allowed to be used. The filename of the unofficial part is subject to the naming rules above (e.g. 33056.dat would be renamed to <MPD Filename> - 33956.dat). It is highly encouraged that any parts created for use in a OMR file be submitted to the LDraw.org Parts Tracker.

If a part is unavailable either officially or on the LDraw.org Parts Tracker, a suitable substitution may be made. If the unavailable part is a patterned part with an unpatterned version available use the unpatterned version. A comment should be inserted stating that a substitution has been made or, if no substitution is available/suitable, that a piece has been omitted. Reference the step and page number of the instructions if possible.

Example:
0 // The next piece should have the Star Wars Hatch pattern per step X on page Y
or
0 // Bionicle piece X should go here per step Y on page Z

File Headers
-------------
Each individual model file in the MPD must have a standard header format.

Standard Header:
0 FILE <Filename>.ldr
0 <Individual filename>
0 Name: <Filename>.ldr
0 Author: <Author Name> [Username]
0 !LDRAW_ORG Model -OR- 0 !LDRAW_ORG Unofficial_Model
0 !LICENSE Redistributable under CCAL version 2.0 : see CAreadme.txt

0 !THEME Theme name
0 !KEYWORDS words, more words,…,
0 !KEYWORDS words in second row, …, final words

0 !HISTORY YYYY-MM-DD [<Author Name>] Free text description of change. This can wrap to a
0 !HISTORY YYYY-MM-DD [<Author Name>] second row with the same date if necessary. However authors should lean toward writing longer
0 !HISTORY YYYY-MM-DD [<Author Name>] single !HISTORY lines(and not feel constrained to the historic 80-character limit on line length)

Where:
<Filename>: The name of the file using the rules specified in the MPD File Structure section
<Individual filename>: The name of the individual file using the rules specified in the MPD File Structure section
<Author Name>: The name of the author. Real full names (first and last) are required by the LDraw.org Contributer's Agreement
[Username]: The LDraw.org username of the author
Optional commands are !THEME, !KEYWORDS, and !HISTORY

Example:
0 FILE 4896 - Roadster Main.ldr
0 Roadster Main
0 Name: 4896 - Roadster Main.ldr
0 Author: Joe Smith [jsmith]
0 !LDRAW_ORG Unofficial_Model

0 !THEME Creator
0 !KEYWORDS car, convertible

0 !HISTORY 2011-08-01 [Joe Smith] Initial creation

META commands:
--------------
All META commands are allowed in the model file but not specifically required except as specified for the header. If included, any META commands used should enable any instructions generated to be as close to the official instructions as possible.

Print this item

LDraw Parts Tracker now uses LDView
Posted by: Chris Dee - 2011-09-03, 18:05 - Forum: LDraw.org Announcements - Replies (5)

I am pleased to announce that the LDraw Parts Tracker has been updated to render its images using LDView, instead of ldglite.

Thanks to Travis Cobbs for building a version of LDView on the server and to Don Heyse for all his previous support for ldglite.

Chris

Print this item

Parts Requestor System Requirements
Posted by: Chris Dee - 2011-09-02, 5:47 - Forum: Parts Authoring - Replies (13)

Yes - let's collect requirements here. Then I can build a web interface as part of the Parts Tracker. It should be linked to the Parts Tracker to facilitate automatic removal when an unofficial version gets submitted. There is Parts Tracker functionality that can be re-purposed for this.

Questions:
- Should each user have a limit on how many parts than can have on their "I request this" list?
- Should each user have a limited number of "I support this votes"?
- Should there be a hierarchy of votes (Urgent/Important/Useful/Nice to have)

LDraw Parts Request System Requirements:
- page listing requested parts (sortable by part number, description, vote tally), linking to
- page for each requested part, containing
- link to part image (peeron/Bricklink/personal URL)
- username of requestor
- usernames of supporters
- username of volunteer author
- comments/activity log (like on the Parts Tracker)
- links for "I support this", "I am authoring this", "Comment"

- page listing (for current user) of requested and supported parts

- admin functionality to edit/rename/delete entries

Chris

Print this item

OMR File Spec - Updated 8/31
Posted by: Orion Pobursky - 2011-08-31, 11:28 - Forum: Parts Authoring - Replies (7)

Here's the latest version. Discuss!!
--

The Offical Model Repository Specification
Version: 0.5 (will turn 1.0.0 upon ratification by the LSC)
Author: Orion Pobursky

Purpose:
--------
The Official Model Repository (OMR) is a database of file in the LDraw File Format describing models that are released as sets by LEGO®.

For consistency between models and ease of indexing by software, a standard for the file headers, names, and hierarchy in the OMR is needed. This document will outline the extra requirements (in addition to those set forth in the current LDraw File Format specification) for a model to be included in the OMR

Base Requirements:
------------------
All files in the model will conform to the current LDraw File Format

Base File Naming:
-----------------
Each model in the OMR will consist of several files that are packaged together into a single MPD file. For sets that include instructions for multiple models, each model will have its own MPD file. Each MPD for the set will be named in the following manner:

<Set Number> - <Set Name> - <Sub Model Name>

Where:
<Set Number>: the number assigned on the container of the set
<Set Name>: The name of the set printed on the container in Australian English
<Sub Model Name>: This is Optional in most cases. This is required for alternate models that are detailed in instructions (e.g. the Creator theme). In this case the naming is left to the discretion of the author but should be descriptive of the model contained in the MPD.

For playsets or other sets where there are multiple models that are part of an integral whole, all of the submodels will be contained in one MPD.

Example:
The creator set 4896 - Roaring Roadsters has 3 models in the instructions:
Set 4896 - Roaring Roadsters - Roadster.mpd
Set 4896 - Roaring Roadsters - Dragster.mpd
etc...

MPD File Structure:
-------------------
The MPD will conform to the MPD File Specification.

Each filename will have the structure:
<Set Number> - <Optional Qualifier> - <Individual filename>
Where:
<Set Number> is the the number printed on the model's container
<Optional Qualifier> is a suqential number, starting with 1, added if there are more than one sets that could be assigned <Set Number>.
<Individual filename> is up to the discretion of the author with the following guidance:
- A logical naming scheme is highly desired.
- Individual models in the set (e.g. a vehicle or minifig) shall have their own separate file inside the MPD.
- Minifig file name should have the name of the character, if known

The unofficial parts are allowed to be used. The filename of the unofficial part is subject to the naming rules above (e.g. 33056.dat would be renamed to <MPD Filename> - 33956.dat). It is highly encouraged that any parts created for use in a OMR file be submitted to the LDraw.org Parts Tracker.

If a part is unavailable either officially or on the LDraw.org Parts Tracker, a suitable substitution may be made. If the unavailable part is a patterned part with an unpatterned version available use the unpatterned version. A comment should be inserted stating that a substitution has been made or, if no substitution is available/suitable, that a piece has been omitted. Reference the step and page number of the instructions if possible.

Example:
0 // The next piece should have the Star Wars Hatch pattern per step X on page Y
or
0 // Bionicle piece X should go here per step Y on page Z

File Headers:
-------------
Each individual model file in the MPD must have a standard header format.

Standard Header:
0 FILE <MPD Filename> - <Filename>.ldr
0 <MPD Filename> - <File Description>
0 Name: <MPD Filename> - <Filename>.ldr
0 Author: <Author Name>
0 !LDRAW_ORG Model -OR- 0 !LDRAW_ORG Unofficial_Model

0 !THEME Theme name
0 !KEYWORDS words, more words,…,
0 !KEYWORDS words in second row, …, final words

0 !HISTORY YYYY-MM-DD [<Author Name>] Free text description of change. This can wrap to a
0 !HISTORY YYYY-MM-DD [<Author Name>e] second row with the same date if necessary. However authors should lean toward writing longer
0 !HISTORY YYYY-MM-DD [<Author Name>e] single !HISTORY lines(and not feel constrained to the historic 80-character limit on line length)

Where:
<MPD Filename>: The name of the containing MPD
<Filename>: The name of the file
<Author Name>: The name of the author. Real full names (first and last) are required by the LDraw.org Contributer's Agreement
Optional commands are !THEME, !KEYWORDS, and !HISTORY

Example:
To Be Inserted Later

META commands:
--------------
All META commands are allowed in the model file but not specifically required except as specified for the header. If included, any META commands used should enable any instructions generated to be as close to the official instructions as possible.

Print this item