Welcome, Guest
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username

Password

(Advanced Search)

Forum Statistics
» Members: 4,058
» Latest member: ๆŽไปๅˆ›
» Forum threads: 5,510
» Forum posts: 47,407

Full Statistics

Online Users
There are currently 747 online users.
» 1 Member(s) | 740 Guest(s)
Applebot, Baidu, Bing, Facebook, Google, Yandex, Orion Pobursky

Latest Threads
Request for 102735
Forum: Part Requests
Last Post: Stephan den Ridder
2 hours ago
» Replies: 6
» Views: 302
LDraw vitual meeting (Liv...
Forum: General LDraw.org Discussion
Last Post: Fredrik Hareide
4 hours ago
» Replies: 7
» Views: 364
Technic 1982
Forum: Official Models
Last Post: Takeshi Takahashi
5 hours ago
» Replies: 15
» Views: 3,615
Creator 2023
Last Post: Marc Giraudet
Yesterday, 11:49
» Views: 816
Super Heroes sets
Last Post: Marc Giraudet
Yesterday, 11:44
» Views: 3,432
Set 10270 Bookshop
Last Post: Vincent Messenet
Yesterday, 6:25
» Replies: 3
» Views: 3,105
Parts for Beekeeper Minif...
Last Post: Jason Osicki
2024-04-25, 20:56
» Replies: 2
» Views: 129
2024-03 update will be on...
Forum: Parts Tracker Discussion
Last Post: Orion Pobursky
2024-04-25, 11:55
» Replies: 3
» Views: 415
2024/2025 LDraw.org Steer...
Forum: LDraw.org Announcements
Last Post: Max Martin Richter
2024-04-23, 18:40
» Replies: 0
» Views: 383
Wedgy-Slopes from '24 Spe...
Last Post: Ryan Hicks
2024-04-23, 0:12
» Replies: 4
» Views: 164

10181 - Eiffel Tower
Posted by: Evert-Jan Boer - 2011-07-27, 16:51 - Forum: Official Models - Replies (6)

This one I did some time ago, the lifts may need some work to line up properly.

Yes, it's not according to the current OMR standard, I have read through it and I do not understand what should exactly be in in the main.dat file, and why is should be dat files and not ldr files.

Attached Files
.mpd   10181.mpd (Size: 150.99 KB / Downloads: 21)
Print this item

How to become a parts reviewer?
Posted by: Scott Classen - 2011-07-27, 15:06 - Forum: Parts Authoring - Replies (11)

Hello
I'm very new to this Lego CAD stuff, but have general CAD experience from my work. I would like to contribute in some way to reviewing unofficial parts. What is involved? Do I need digital calipers to measure the original part and then compare to the digital version? Would I just be reviewing the part for appearance?
Cheers

Print this item

Forum performance
Posted by: Chris Dee - 2011-07-26, 19:24 - Forum: Website Suggestions/Requests/Discussion - Replies (5)

The response times on this forum, for me in the UK, are barely acceptable (e.g. 10s to preview this message). What are experiences elsewhere? If this is the server where we might host ldraw.org, then I think we should think again.

Chris

Print this item

MLCad.ini 2011-01 Update Now Available
Posted by: Willy Tschager - 2011-07-26, 17:16 - Forum: LDraw.org Announcements - No Replies

Hi folks,

I just updated the MLCad.ini file accordingly to the latest LDraw.org parts
update 2011-01. The .ini file defines (among other things) the parts available
in MLCad's minifigure generator.

Download the file from my website: http://www.holly-wood.it/mlcad/ini-en.html

Bye, w.

Print this item

Development section
Posted by: Roland Melkert - 2011-07-26, 16:25 - Forum: Website Suggestions/Requests/Discussion - No Replies

It might be handy to have a development section (with sub forums?) for people working on LDraw software to exchange information / ask stuff to other developers like lugnet cad.dev.

Also I'm wondering where to place a 'need testers' thread for my upcoming editor. I'm thinking "general/announcements" but I'm not sure if that's intended for ldraw.org/the forum itself only or not.

Also something like: "LDraw Programs/All others" might be handy for non main stream software.

Print this item

Fonts
Posted by: Willy Tschager - 2011-07-26, 14:04 - Forum: Website Suggestions/Requests/Discussion - No Replies

Orion,

please don't forget to work on the CSS

* Much bigger and bold font for General, Models and Parts, Organisation, ...
* Lust a little bigger and bold font for Announcements, General discussion, ...

w.

Print this item

Website theme
Posted by: Orion Pobursky - 2011-07-26, 12:41 - Forum: Website Suggestions/Requests/Discussion - Replies (3)

We're transitioning to a new CMS. It make this the perfect time to modify the website theme.

There are a couple of discussion points here:
- I'll take submissions from anyone on a theme. No code knowledge is required just graphics
- What do you think of the theme here on the forums? Should we make the main site match?
- Should we do nothing and simply convert the existing theme?

Print this item

About Time!!!
Posted by: Jude Parrill - 2011-07-26, 9:06 - Forum: Website Suggestions/Requests/Discussion - Replies (3)

Finally, LDRAW has it's own it's own forums! And I was able to join them without undue hastle! I'd always wanted to join on LUGNET, but the amount of hastle, rigomorale, and the fact they forced you to make a "donation" turned me off completely, especially when you consider how outdated their forums are/were. I mean, I loved the early 90's as much as the next guy, but seriously, PHPBB is the easiest thing to install and use and makes LUGNET just look archaic by comparison (and by no means is PHPBB the best type of forum software).

Anyways, the new forums look better, although I'm still seeing one lingering problem: why aren't all posts for a topic visible on a single page like every other forum ever made, ever? Why do I have to click through to see each individual post? (Quick note: this is sarcasm, in case you didn't realize. Oftentimes, on forums, I can come off as being a jerk when I'm really just being sarcastic.) Would it be so much to ask for the option to be able to do this?

A little about myself: I've been using LDRAW and related software for a couple years now. My editor of choice is MLCad and I've done some experimenting with renderings. Around 2006 I came out of my Dark Age and started buying/building with LEGO again and my main focus was on the Star Wars offerings. However, when I lost my job, the first thing to go was LEGO. And while I now have a new job, I don't have the disposable income to dispose of to LEGO. However, I've kept my interest in the hobby going by using LDRAW to build. What a wonderful thing to be able to be able to build thousands of dollars worth of LEGO for nary a cent!

As I said, I've been using the software off and on now for quite some time (I've been in an off-period lately, but these things come and go). I was happy to see there was finally a 2011 update recently. I always get excited for new parts, even though they're a pain to deal with since I have a custom parts list which means I have to check and add each new part individually.

Anyways, it's good to be here and I look forward to sharing my thoughts with you (relating to LDRAW) as they occur to me.

Print this item

Do I need an updated LDraw folder?
Posted by: Scott Classen - 2011-07-26, 6:00 - Forum: LDraw Editors and Viewers - Replies (11)

I just downloaded and am playing around with Bricksmith (a great program BTW!). I'm having loads of fun. My 6 year old is bringing me his MOCs and together we are making little instruction booklets to give to his school buddies. We are having problems finding some wheel parts and I'm wondering if the LDraw folder that came with Bricksmith is outdated. How can I tell if my parts list is the most up-to-date? I am also a bit confused about how to update or add new parts. It seems I would need to run some EXE program which is entirely foreign to my Mac sensibilities. I see an lcad1101.zip file that was released today. Does this contain only new parts or ALL parts? If it contains only new parts, how do I merge them into my existing LDraw folder?
Thanks

Print this item

Automatic follow for posts
Posted by: Scott Classen - 2011-07-26, 4:53 - Forum: Website Suggestions/Requests/Discussion - Replies (1)

Hello,
Might I suggest somehow setting the forum software so that email notifications are sent when a reply is posted to a topic. That way if someone asks a question on the forum and then forgets about it they will get an email notification that someone has responded to their post. I see the "follow this topic" checkbox, but for other forums I visit the default behavior is to automagically send the email notifications.
Cheers

Print this item