Welcome, Guest
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username

Password

(Advanced Search)

Forum Statistics
» Members: 12,494
» Latest member: Azarov
» Forum threads: 5,481
» Forum posts: 47,186

Full Statistics

Online Users
There are currently 501 online users.
» 0 Member(s) | 496 Guest(s)
Applebot, Bing, Facebook, Google, Yandex

Latest Threads
Part tracker api?
Forum: Parts Tracker Discussion
Last Post: Alex Mills
3 hours ago
» Replies: 4
» Views: 937
Welcome to new parts auth...
Last Post: Willy Tschager
Yesterday, 8:12
» Replies: 5
» Views: 418
Plug34.dat and related pa...
Forum: Parts Authoring
Last Post: Javier Orquera
2024-03-27, 21:09
» Replies: 10
» Views: 2,994
Technic 1982
Forum: Official Models
Last Post: Takeshi Takahashi
2024-03-27, 16:09
» Replies: 1
» Views: 439
Official Part Fix Submiss...
Last Post: Orion Pobursky
2024-03-27, 4:35
» Replies: 6
» Views: 268
[LDPE] 1.8.77 Released (a...
Forum: Parts Author Tools
Last Post: Philippe Hurbain
2024-03-26, 19:53
» Replies: 1
» Views: 101
LDRAW Wiki Logo broken
Forum: Website Suggestions/Requests/Discussion
Last Post: Steffen
2024-03-26, 15:03
» Replies: 2
» Views: 62
Technic 2002
Last Post: aefferen
2024-03-26, 11:03
» Replies: 3
» Views: 2,773
Sesame Street (21324) Min...
Forum: Parts Authoring
Last Post: Steffen
2024-03-26, 0:58
» Replies: 8
» Views: 345
Lego Technic 1981
Last Post: N. W. Perry
2024-03-25, 23:08
» Replies: 18
» Views: 18,409

LDPatternCreator - Release 1.3.7
Posted by: Nils Schmidt - 2012-06-03, 20:04 - Forum: Parts Author Tools - Replies (11)

Hey,

Here is the new LPC 1.3.7.

Please uninstall older versions of this software before installing a new version.
Your configuration won't be deleted if you have already version greater than 1.3.1 installed on your machine.

Change log:

New features:

• You can use the sticker generator for rectangular sticker templates.
  • "Unificator.exe" is included in the post process.
  • The post process is customizable.
  • You can load/​save the colour toolbar settings.
  • The 2D engine is improved and faster.
  • The colours from the colour replacer are sorted.
  • The superfast triangulation is improved.
  • You can show vertex information of primitive/​group vertices by clicking on it in vertex mode.
  • A dynamic primitive list "Primitives.cfg" is stored in the application directory.
Fixed Bugs from 1.3.X:
  • The LPC-Unificator creates triangles with same points.
  • Primitive matrix manipulation enables "Cut", "Copy" and "Paste" when "Add Vertex" is enabled.
  • A primitive is movable in the vertex/​triangle-mode.
  • The template editor does not read from the "\template" directory.
  • LPC crashes if you take a hex-colour from a primitive/​group.

(see full list of tickets for 1.3.7)

I included a short readme.htm in the installation directory.

Cheers & Leg Godt

Nils

Print this item

MLCad doesn't find ldconfig.ldr.
Posted by: Magnus Forsberg - 2012-05-31, 21:39 - Forum: LDraw Editors and Viewers - Replies (9)

For some reason I have lost all the colours in MLCad. No matter what I do they're missing.
Nothing happens when I try to load the colours inside MLCad. I think it all started when I tried mlcad 3.4
I'm now gone back to 3.3
I tried to delete mlcad.cfg. I've tried to reset it by deleting the registry settings in Regedit.
I've tried ColourManager. It won't run on my pc.

There is a file mlcad.log in my mlcad folder. In it I can see that it can't find ldconfig.ldr

Quote:Error loading color information from 'C:\Program Files (x86)\LDraw\ldconfig_English.ldr'!
Error loading color information from 'C:\Program Files (x86)\LDraw\ldconfig.ldr'!
Using internal color configuration!
But I know that it is there!

How do I force MLCad to search for ldconfig.ldr?

Attached Files
.txt   MLCad.log.txt (Size: 1.87 KB / Downloads: 0)
Print this item

SW 3D meshes
Posted by: Philippe Hurbain - 2012-05-31, 8:35 - Forum: Parts Authoring - Replies (5)

Daniel sent me recently a bunch of Star Wars figures to scan and convert to LDraw. Unfortunately I am short of time presently, so I am posting here the raw meshes, hoping that someone could help me doing LDraw conversion (scanning parts is relatively fast in comparison!).

Here is the first one, 30371 Gungan head. This zip contains the raw mesh in .obj format, and a conversion to LDraw so that anybody can see it with usual tools. One side of the scan is not very good, but since the head is symmetrical it should be OK.
To do:
- straighten the mesh (it is rotated, and needs to be aligned with XYZ axis). Note that the obj seems upside down, this is because of inverted Y axis in LDraw. After conversion to LDraw it will be fine!
- Cut the stem under head (I leave it in the scan because it helps for mesh alignment).
- cleaning of the mesh needs to be done (smoothing smooth areas, sharpening edges)
I use Meshmixer for these tasks.
- Reduce triangle count. I have already reduced mesh to 100000 triangles, but final LDraw head needs to be reduced again to 3000..5000 triangles. I use Meshlab for that.
- Export the result in stl format (ascii encoding) and convert to LDraw with stl2dat (raw mode).

Print this item

LDraw.org Main Site is down
Posted by: Chris Dee - 2012-05-30, 12:21 - Forum: LDraw.org Announcements - Replies (45)

We are currently experiencing problems with user authentication on the LDraw.org site. Functionality of the Parts Tracker that requires you to be logged in (Submission, Review) are not currently available. We hope to resume normal service as soon as possible.

Admin edit:
The entire LDraw.org main site is now down due to software incompatibility issues. We are working to get everything back up and running

Print this item

Lego British Bird Series
Posted by: Steffen - 2012-05-28, 20:31 - Forum: Off-Topic - No Replies

Chris, this could be something especially for you... :-) :

http://lego.cuusoo.com/ideas/view/16897

or this?

http://www.flickr.com/photos/detomaso/7273321636/

Print this item

Thumbs Up The old Boba/Jango Fett Helmet
Posted by: Daniel Goerner - 2012-05-28, 16:30 - Forum: Part Requests - Replies (1)

I thought I've seen these on the parts tracker before, but maybe I'm wrong and I've found them somewhere else. Two helmets by a guy named Tim Romine. The overall shape looks good, but it needs a lot of work. Maybe someone who knows what he does may have a look at them if it's worth to work on them or start from scratch.

Attached Files
.dat   fettorus.dat (Size: 4.85 KB / Downloads: 2)
.dat   jfetpack.dat (Size: 20.17 KB / Downloads: 4)
.dat   bfetpack.dat (Size: 22.27 KB / Downloads: 2)
Print this item

LDCad 1.1 Public Alpha
Posted by: Roland Melkert - 2012-05-26, 23:32 - Forum: LDraw Editors and Viewers - Replies (8)

Hello all,

Like many of you know, I've been working on 2D (ortho) editing support for LDCad. The thing is, it's mostly done but currently I lack the time to completely get it 'beta' worthy for general release.

Because it will take me quite some time to get there I decided to release the current version as a Alpha version so more advanced LDraw users could test it and give me feedback on the new Ortho mode.

I'm very much anticipating the thoughts of the 'old school 2D editors rule' people out there Smile

You can download the alpha here:

www.melkert.net/action/download/LDCad-1-1-Public-Alpha-1-Win-32.rar

www.melkert.net/action/download/LDCad-1-1-Public-Alpha-2-Win-32.rar

Only the windows archive version is available for now. It will take me some extra time in order to get an Linux executable ready, so for the moment I will only do that upon request.

This release is aimed at the experienced user, so I think there is no need for a long intro/manual here. Most of the text on melkert.net/LDCad still applies to this version so that should do for now.

Just play around with the mouse and menu structure (right click anywhere).

If you have any comments/questions let me know ether here or directly by email.

And remember this is an Alpha version, it could escape and terrorize the village at any time Wink

In closing, some pictures ....

[Image: 1-1-PA-1-a.png]
[Image: 1-1-PA-1-b.png]
[Image: 1-1-PA-1-c.png]
[Image: 1-1-PA-1-d.png]

edit: Updated to alpha 2

Print this item

Promos and Prototypes
Posted by: Daniel Goerner - 2012-05-26, 6:57 - Forum: Parts Authoring - Replies (13)

I just wanted to know if we're allowed to do promo and prototype parts to be released in the official library. While I'm pretty sure that the answer is yes regarding the promos, I'm not so sure about the (Lego offocial) prototypes.

Here are a few examples of what I mean:

Promos:
The white Boba Fett
[Image: 512YZaJvCML._SL500_AA300_.jpg]

Darth Maul
[Image: 6864258549_bde2fef418.jpg]

Prototypes:
R2-KT (to learn more about R2-KT go to http://www.r2kt.com/)
[Image: 4878104027_efffd1b10d.jpg]

George Lucas
[Image: 4878104227_4ee637faba.jpg]

Print this item

Texture Standard
Posted by: Orion Pobursky - 2012-05-26, 0:16 - Forum: Standards Board - Replies (13)

LSC,

The SteerCo has voted to allow the Texture Standard to become official. While the SteerCo has the authority to approve this outright we feel that, since you guys are the caretakers of the file format, we would like you to formally approve it. Here is a proposed motion for you to discuss, modify, and approve.

Quote:Proposal:

The current Texture Mapping extension is hereby adopted as a standard with the following extra rules:

* The standard will be adopted in its current version. Future changes to the standard will be reviewed and approved by the LDraw Standards Committee (LSC) before the changes become official.
* The LSC will formulate how this standard is implemented in the Official LDraw Library. Possible implementation issues to be considered include allowed graphics file format, resolution, storage, naming conventions, fallback detail, etc...

Print this item

Working with primitives in Patterns
Posted by: Daniel Goerner - 2012-05-25, 17:22 - Forum: Parts Authoring - Replies (20)

I admit, I don't have any clue how primitives work.
Chris suggested that I should change some circles made of triangles with primitives in one of my patterns.

So I tried that. The first thing that confused me is that I can't adjust the width of rings. A ring with the radius of 1 is too big, 2 ist too small.

Then, how can I assure that the primitives don't overlap? I can't select the vertices to see their position, so I don't know if the ring I put in another ring has the right size.

Then I finally got the first primitives in the right position (a circle, a ring and a squarecirclethingy around it) connected these with triangles with the rest of the pattern and checked that with edger2. The pattern looks right, the primitives look right. Just the connection between both: unmatched edges around the squarecirclethingy. How do i avoid that?

Seriously, I hate primitives as much as condlines.

Print this item