Welcome, Guest
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username

Password

(Advanced Search)

Forum Statistics
» Members: 4,111
» Latest member: up2date6
» Forum threads: 5,545
» Forum posts: 47,644

Full Statistics

Online Users
There are currently 362 online users.
» 1 Member(s) | 356 Guest(s)
Applebot, Bing, Facebook, Google, Yandex, Orion Pobursky

Latest Threads
Search keyword in submode...
Forum: LDraw Editors and Viewers
Last Post: Jaco van der Molen
37 minutes ago
» Replies: 0
» Views: 3
Part Snapping missing/err...
Last Post: Jaco van der Molen
5 hours ago
» Replies: 208
» Views: 107,052
0 NAME and 0 FILE: to syn...
Forum: Help
Last Post: Travis Cobbs
Today, 1:17
» Replies: 4
» Views: 124
LDCad 1.7 Beta 1 (win+lin...
Last Post: N. W. Perry
Yesterday, 21:50
» Replies: 64
» Views: 12,605
Shadow file contributions
Last Post: Roland Melkert
Yesterday, 6:14
» Replies: 14
» Views: 523
LEGO Dimensions
Forum: Official Models
Last Post: Evert-Jan Boer
2024-05-18, 19:16
» Replies: 57
» Views: 20,209
Model Team
Forum: Official Models
Last Post: Marc Giraudet
2024-05-18, 17:26
» Replies: 37
» Views: 27,675
Tiles 1 X 8 from latest A...
Forum: Part Requests
Last Post: N. W. Perry
2024-05-18, 2:39
» Replies: 65
» Views: 28,003
New meta in LDConfig for ...
Forum: Standards Board
Last Post: Roland Melkert
2024-05-17, 21:49
» Replies: 13
» Views: 720
Rabbit from WTP
Forum: Part Requests
Last Post: Ben Alder
2024-05-17, 17:39
» Replies: 3
» Views: 343

LPub3DViewer
Posted by: Trevor Sandy - 2015-02-23, 19:14 - Forum: LDraw Editors and Viewers - Replies (28)

Below is a snapshot of some modifications I'm doing to LPub - just for me but I'll be happy to share if anyone is interested :-)

The ability to manage source (i.e. cut and paste step and subfile content) is very useful - especilly when preparing instructions. For example, LPub does not handle some LDCad template content very well so it is sometimes necessary to move content around.

As you can see, I've added a 3D viewer to visualize steps and insert the ROTSTEP meta in order to optimize positioning the step for best instruction presentation. Notice, the cut, paste, rebuild capabilities in the source editor which are very useful.

You can also see in the snapshot the fade step functionality I developed allowing the user to fade previous steps in the model giving another capability to better visualize instructions. For this feature, it is sometimes helpful to change static colored parts (e.g. shock absorber spring and strut) in the source in order to properly fade the assembly.

Best,
Trevor

Print this item

Fabuland
Posted by: Philippe Hurbain - 2015-02-23, 16:31 - Forum: Official Models - Replies (67)

Fabuland models...

Print this item

LDCad 1.5 progress / opinions req
Posted by: Roland Melkert - 2015-02-22, 23:20 - Forum: LDraw Editors and Viewers - Replies (26)

Made some real progress this weekend so I would like to post some previews in order to gather some feedback.

Main reason for this is me not being completely sure on the details / behavior of the new LDraw source code window. So any suggestions / feedback on that would be very much appreciated.

Here's a screen shot of the 1.5 gui while using undocked windows and the new source window.

And here's one with everything docked (notice the second part bin).

The source window is read only at the moment but in the very least I want it to be able to control selections. And maybe manage third party meta's (e.g. LPUB)?

Any thoughts?

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Print this item

MlCad Favorites
Posted by: Michele Somma - 2015-02-21, 21:29 - Forum: LDraw Editors and Viewers - Replies (1)

Hi

Some time ago I developed this simple application if you want to manage your favorites in MLCAD 3.40. You can find MlCadFavorites: here

[Image: mlcadfavorites.jpg]

Print this item

Smoothing and BFC problems in LDview
Posted by: Mikkel Bech Jensen - 2015-02-19, 18:04 - Forum: Parts Authoring - Replies (6)

I am (sort of) new to parts authoring and I've been trying to learn what there is to know about making parts for ldraw. I can't seem to make curves and rounded objects to look smooth in LDview. I have read alot about how edge lines and conditional/optional lines work, and I have successfully made them with Edger2 through LETGUI. I assumed (for what I read from http://www.philohome.com/isecalc/edger2.htm ) that LDview smoothes surfaces with condlines automatically, but since I can see that there are condlines and LDview doesn't smooth the surface I guess I was wrong? They only make an outline.

Another question I have, when I make quads and triangles in MLCAD they won't be coloured green/red when I press the BFC button in LDview. The same happens when I export a part as primitives in MLCAD. This has annoyed me for a long time.

Ps. If I import a DAT file that has been exported as primitives from MLCAD, as a template in LDPatternCreator, LDPC crashes when I export the patterned version.

Print this item

how to open 10128.dat
Posted by: Miguel A. Rodríguez - 2015-02-19, 0:32 - Forum: Part Requests - Replies (4)

Hi

I'm new here so you now, I need help to open this file (http://www.ldraw.org/cgi-bin/ptdetail.cg.../10128.dat) i use Ldraw and only appears a single brick. Thanks

Print this item

ldr file format for models
Posted by: rda100 - 2015-02-16, 22:30 - Forum: LDraw File Processing and Conversion - Replies (4)

Hi all.

I want to write a script for Modo that parses the ldr file for exported models. I'll use the info to instance and position parts I've already imported and cleaned up in Modo.
I kind of understand the file format eg
1 72 0.097007982432842255 -8.004612922668457 -59.886787414550781 1 0 0 0 1 0 0 0 1 4282.dat
I understand the 1 and 72 and the 4282.dat, but I'm more used to seeing position, rotation and scale values which the other values don't seem to fit the pattern of (too many numbers).

Anyone care to enlighten me? Would be greatly appreciated.
Many thanks
Rob

Print this item

Minecraft parts
Posted by: Alexandre Bourdais - 2015-02-15, 23:09 - Forum: Parts Authoring - Replies (9)

Hello,

I'm starting to create the parts that I find in the Minecraft sets.
I started by this one but I don't know how to name it :
[Image: 6097032.jpg]

I think it should start with some "3003***.dat"...

Print this item

LEGO-related LDraw part integration (e.g. SBrick)
Posted by: Trevor Sandy - 2015-02-15, 20:04 - Forum: General LDraw.org Discussion - Replies (1)

Products like Smart Brick will only grow in the future as 'the start-up culture', 3D printing and mechatronic proficiency become more widespread.

Perhaps the LDraw steering committee, and community in general, should proactively define if, how and when these LEGO-related products will be incorporated into the LDraw platform. Specifically - the process and policies for submission, integration and distribution.

Several LDraw-specific tools (e.g. BrickUtils) use the library files (official and unofficial) by download directly from LDraw.org, for these applications it is not straightforward to integrate custom parts such as the SBrick.

Regards,
Trevor

Print this item

Problem with ldglite
Posted by: Frank Engel - 2015-02-15, 13:56 - Forum: LDraw Editors and Viewers - Replies (2)

hi to all,
I just compiled ldglite (v 1.2.4) on my Raspberry Pi, that worked.
When I start it from commandline, the log seems to be OK, but the content of the window that opened is not changed.
Left click iterates through the steps (I can see it in the log), but nothing happens on the screen.
Right click: the windows is completely blank, no menu or anything.
I compiled it on my desktop computer (ubuntu 14.10): the same result.

I remember that I had similar issues 10 years ago and it had something to do with framebuffer.
But I don't find any information in www nowadays.

Is anybody out there who can give me a hint to get a step further?
e.g.where can I find a doc for cmdline-options ?
EDIT:
I can use it in batch mode, it creates pictures from my example mpd-file.
So it's really just a screen output problem.
/EDIT

thank you very much in advance,
regards,
frank

Print this item