Welcome, Guest
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username

Password

(Advanced Search)

Forum Statistics
» Members: 4,074
» Latest member: Del Valle
» Forum threads: 5,524
» Forum posts: 47,471

Full Statistics

Online Users
There are currently 600 online users.
» 0 Member(s) | 594 Guest(s)
Applebot, Baidu, Bing, Facebook, Google, Yandex

Latest Threads
[split] New Sticker Sheet...
Forum: Parts Tracker Discussion
Last Post: Orion Pobursky
6 hours ago
» Replies: 7
» Views: 62
03 May 2024 "500 Server E...
Yesterday, 12:38
» Replies: 1
» Views: 45
Starting into Parts Autho...
Forum: Parts Authoring
Last Post: Cam's Bricks
Yesterday, 1:20
» Replies: 0
» Views: 56
Suffix codes
Yesterday, 1:01
» Views: 34
Eyesight on Linux
Forum: Rendering Techniques
Last Post: Sylvain Sauvage
2024-05-02, 14:52
» Views: 63
Custom parts/stickers for...
Forum: Help
Last Post: Willy Tschager
2024-05-02, 10:19
» Replies: 1
» Views: 118
WeDo 2.0 electronics
Forum: Part Requests
Last Post: Dmitry
2024-05-02, 5:14
» Replies: 23
» Views: 35,952
Rendering error/scratchy ...
Forum: LDraw Editors and Viewers
Last Post: Thomas Turgyt
2024-05-01, 20:39
» Views: 64
New parts from Lego Instr...
Forum: Parts Authoring
Last Post: Vincent Messenet
2024-05-01, 20:10
» Replies: 43
» Views: 8,100
LDraw meeting in Billund ...
Forum: General LDraw.org Discussion
Last Post: Willy Tschager
2024-05-01, 12:46
» Replies: 6
» Views: 416

Find out what parts in LDD convert tot LDraw
Posted by: Jaco van der Molen - 2015-06-12, 11:56 - Forum: LDraw File Processing and Conversion - Replies (27)

Hi all,

I have this model in LDD that has 3549 parts.
When I export to LDraw the model has 3475 parts.
So, I am missing 74 parts.

I am using the latest ldraw.xml file.

Some of the missing parts I can identify visually because I know they are supposed to be in the model looking at it in LDD and MLCad. Like part 15068 (Slope Brick Curved 2 x 2 x 0.667) which is in the LDraw libray and has the same partnumber in LDD. But it is not in the ldraw.xml file, so it does not export.

I found out that part 15254 (Arch 1 x 6 x 2) was missing and needed to be converted to 3307 which I did adjusting the ldraw.xml file, because it was already in there but needed the LDraw partnumber. This needly exported.

Still there are pieces missing that probably have different numbers etc. but are "hidden" inside the model so I cannot identify them visually.

My questions are:
1. How do I know or find out what parts do not convert to LDraw?
2. How to add them to ldraw.xml or adjust it so LDD exports the part to LDraw

I see there is lots of work to be done on ldraw.xml, so perhaps I can help a bit there.

Thanks!

Jaco

Print this item

This is something separate?
Posted by: Barton Chandler - 2015-06-11, 12:52 - Forum: General LDraw.org Discussion - Replies (1)

Hello!
I'm new.
So let me ask a new question: LDRAW is different from LDD (Lego Digital Designer 4.3.8?) If it is can I import/export betatween the two. Believe me it was awhile, before I suspected that perhaps I wasn't in Lego-Land. Or am I?
Thanks to all,
BC

Print this item

Ev3 Education Core and Expansion set parts
Posted by: Max Smith - 2015-06-09, 16:07 - Forum: General LDraw.org Discussion - Replies (2)

Hello,

I was wondering if it's possible to download just the Lego parts contained withing this core set.
45544-1 LEGO® MINDSTORMS® Education EV3 Core Set

Also
Would it be possible to download just the expansion set?
45560 LEGO® MINDSTORMS® Education EV3 Expansion

I'm aware I can do this one part at a time, but that seems like it would take a while.

Thanks

Print this item

LEGO Star Wars parts request
Posted by: Neil - 2015-06-06, 18:30 - Forum: Part Requests - Replies (8)

I was looking at the Ldraw Parts Tracker and noticed that quite a few useful parts are missing. Namely:
1121660 Darth Vader Helmet Type 2
6112162 Darth Vader Mouthpiece
6103457 Sabine Wren Hair
6101867 Agent Kallus Helmet
6100163 Tusken Raider Head
6101031 Inquisitor Helmet
6078291 Bith Head

I would like to request these pieces; the following links show them in brickset.com:

Darth Vader Mouthpiece http://brickset.com/parts/6112162

Darth Vader Helmet Type 2 http://brickset.com/parts/1121660

Sabine Wren Hair http://brickset.com/parts/6103457

Agent Kallus Helmet http://brickset.com/parts/6101867

Tusken Raider Head http://brickset.com/parts/6100163

Inquisitor Helmet http://brickset.com/parts/6101031

Bith Head http://brickset.com/parts/6078291

Thanks!

Print this item

Suggestions for a change of the sticker specs
Posted by: Max Martin Richter - 2015-06-04, 20:01 - Forum: Official File Specifications/Standards - Replies (47)

Hej,
as there was upcoming discussion about our sticker specs in this thread: [http://forums.ldraw.org/showthread.php?t...16581]Link to the original discussion[/url], I feel, that this topic needs an own thread. So here it is.

Here is a short summary of the content:
a) There was a discussion about conditional lines (condlines) for formed Stickers.
Actually our spec is a bit unclear about handling condlines. They are not forbidden like edges are, but it is not allowed to use colour 24 in a sticker.
Magnus Forsberg requested to change the specs in a way that condlines could be used for bent/formed stickers. Furthermore he asked for handling condlines in general:

Magnus Forsberg Wrote:And how about divided cond-lines along a straight ridge? A minifig head, for instance.
Many short cond-lines gives a better rendering, than one long cond-line across many vertices.

b) The second discussion was about the origin of formed stickers.
Magnus Forsberg Wrote:Is it ok to place a sticker so that it is easy to place it on its brick, as long as it has (Formed) at the end of the description?
Even if it is a flat sticker?
Gerald Lasser Wrote:Does it make sense to have a formed sticker standalone in the library? If the sticker is formed (bent) then there is pretty much only one place where it can fit, on the part it was supposed to go. In my view a Part+ Formed Sticker combination would be enough.
Either this way or e.g. If it is a sticker is a stand-alone part, e.g. for the curved Wedge, it would make sense to have the sticker in its proper position when the co-ordinates of (the formed) sticker and the parts are the same.

If the sticker is just rotated, i.e. a sticker on a slope, the (relative) position for the part where it is supposed to go could be in the helpline. E.g. the Stickers for the 45° Slopes could then just be rotated 45° and positioned . In this case especially easy as all the center coordinates are full LDU values (0 10 -20)
Max Martin Richter Wrote:About the formed versions: I would like to see, if we can find an agreement, that the formed (bent not rotated) sticker is using the base coordinates of the brick, where it will be applied. (Or a moved centre coordinate if it is not applied on brick's centre.)

c) The last fact is how we handle stickers which needs to be formed. Create just the formed version or the flat and formed verision?
Magnus Forsberg Wrote:I have looked at many of complete sticker sets we have in the library.
Many of them have 1 or 2 formed stickers, but no flat version of that particular sticker.
Look at 4544258 for instance. We have all the sticker needed for that set, but no flat version of the formed f and g sticker. Why?
Must there allways be a flat versions of a formed stickers?
Gerald Lasser Wrote:I don't think the flat version shall be mandatory. Usually the flat version is where you (at least I) start from when designing a new one, so uploading it would not be too much of a hassle then. You then have the possibility to use it on other places as well.
Max Martin Richter Wrote:About the flat stickers: I would prefer, that we have a flat version of each sticker in our library. (Who tells, that nobody wants to use such a sticker on a MOC?)

Please feel free to discuss this further.

/Max

Print this item

[LDPartEditor] 0.8.2 Beta Released
Posted by: Nils Schmidt - 2015-06-04, 13:02 - Forum: Parts Author Tools - Replies (16)

Hello,

I'm just releasing LDPartEditor 0.8.2 Smile I will try to release early and often!

[Image: imgDuke2.png]
You can download LPE from this page:
http://nilsschmidt1337.github.io/ldparteditor/

Make sure that you choose the right architecture for your OS and Java Virtual Machine (JVM) (64bit or 32bit).
A short guide how to check if a 64bit JVM is installed on your system is located at the bottom of this message.

1. Download the zip-Archive
  2. Extract the archive content to the location of your choice
  3. On windows, double-click "run.bat" to start LPE.
  4. On linux/mac, you have to excecute the shell script "run.sh" to start LPE.

Please note that this software is in the beta stage. Although, LPE 0.8.2 was carefully tested and developed, there are already known issues for this release. There is a potential risk of data loss.

You can search for updates if you do the following steps:

1. On windows, double-click "update.bat" to search for updates.
  2. On linux/mac, you have to excecute the shell script "update.sh".

LPE is a 3D CAD application: The overall system requirements are higher. While I recommend to use a powerful 64-bit multicore system, it could be possible, to run LPE on older machines as well.

Changelog:

With this release you will be able to...
  • ...experience a faster program start.
  • ...use a wireframe render mode.

This release comes with 9 important bugfixes as well (including a fix for the french AZERTY keyboard).

System Requirements:

Minimum System Requirements:
  • Java Runtime Environment (JRE) 1.7
  • OpenGL 2.1 compatible Graphics Card
  • Operating System (32/64bit): Windows [XP; Vista; 7 or newer], Mac OS X [>=10.6], Linux [e.g. Ubuntu Linux >=10.4]
  • CPU: Multicore-Processor e.g. Intel Core 2 Duo or AMD Athlon II (>2.0Ghz)
  • RAM: 2.5GB
  • Video-Memory: 512 MB
  • Free Disk Space: 100 MB

Recommended Requirements:
  • Operating System (64bit): Windows 7, Mac OS X [>=10.6], Linux [e.g. Ubuntu Linux >=10.4]
  • CPU: Multicore-Processor with 4 cores (or more)
  • RAM: >4 GB
  • Video-Memory: >512 MB
  • Free Disk Space: 512 MB

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
How to check your JVM version (32- or 64-bit):
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You can try on the command line:

Code:
java -d64 version

If it's not a 64-bit version, you'll get a message that looks like:

Code:
This Java instance does not support a 64-bit JVM. Please install the desired version.

In general, I recommend to install the 64-bit version of the JVM.

Print this item

Big request for set 4000014
Posted by: Christian Maglekær - 2015-06-03, 13:26 - Forum: Part Requests - Replies (2)

I am in the process of making 4000014 Legoland train, but I lack a larger amount printed minifig parts, stickers and a printed brick.

Hair 87990/18227

Torso Tank Top with Surfer Silhouette Pattern

Torso Suit Jacket, Two Buttons, Pink Shirt and Magenta Scarf Pattern

3626cpb1061 - Head Dual Sided Female Black Eyebrows

Torso Classic Space Minifig Floating Pattern

Hair 99930

Torso City Female White Top with Rainbow Stars Pattern

Head Male Brown Eyebrows, Open Lopsided Grin

Headgear Beret

Torso City Shirt with Sunset and Palm Trees Pattern

Head Beard with Thick Gray Eyebrows, Angular Beard, Open White Mouth

These here may well be a problem for which it is unique to this set.

orso Jacket Open with White Shirt, Black Tie and 4 Buttons Pattern

3004pb121

Logo for the sticker can be found here: Legoland Billund Logo

Print this item

Questions regarding stickers
Posted by: Christophe Mitillo - 2015-06-02, 8:47 - Forum: Parts Authoring - Replies (11)

Hi everyone,

Recently, I decided to submit some of my own parts to the part tracker. Some of them are stickers, for set 70816.
I know that almost all of them do not meet the standard because of some choices I made when authoring them.

-First, a lot of them are flat but due to fit on sloped parts. I created them bended and right in place regarding the part associated.
I know it's a violation to the standard, but if I modify them and make them flat and horizontal, It then very difficult to place them correctly on the model later. It was a concious choice because of the sole usage of these stickers on this very set.

-Two, some of them are formed stickers due to fit on curved parts, so, consciously, I added conditional lines to the stickers, even if I knew it's another violation to the standard. Removing cond lines will ruin the renders in Pov ray.

So, I want to know if these stickers can be removed from the parts tracker, as I dont really want to correct these issues. corrections will make them totally useless for me.

I know I should have asked all these questions before submitting. I'm very sorry for inconvenience.

Chris

Print this item

[LDPartEditor] 0.8.1d Beta Released ("Fresh" install required)
Posted by: Nils Schmidt - 2015-05-31, 23:11 - Forum: Parts Author Tools - No Replies

Hello,

I'm just releasing LDPartEditor 0.8.1d Beta...

Unfortunately, the included updater was broken.
Older versions are not able to search for updates newer or equal to version 0.8.1d.

You can download LPE 0.8.1d only from this page:

Make sure that you choose the right architecture for your OS and Java Virtual Machine (JVM) (64bit or 32bit).
A short guide how to check if a 64bit JVM is installed on your system is located at the bottom of this message.

Please note that this software is in the beta stage. Although, LPE 0.8.1d was carefully tested and developed, there are already known issues for this release. There is a potential risk of data loss. LPE could endanger your system stability, too.

You can search for updates (in the future) if you do the following steps:

LPE is a 3D CAD application: The overall system requirements are higher. While I recommend to use a powerful 64-bit multicore system, it could be possible, to run LPE on older machines as well.

Changelog:

• ...use a new program updater.

This release includes important bug fixes as well.

System Requirements:

• Operating System (32/64bit): Windows [XP; Vista; 7 or newer], Mac OS X [>=10.6], Linux [e.g. Ubuntu Linux >=10.4]

• Operating System (64bit): Windows 7, Mac OS X [>=10.6], Linux [e.g. Ubuntu Linux >=10.4]

Code:
java -d64 version

Code:
This Java instance does not support a 64-bit JVM. Please install the desired version.

Print this item

[LDPartEditor] 0.8.1c Beta Released
Posted by: Nils Schmidt - 2015-05-31, 13:27 - Forum: Parts Author Tools - No Replies

Hello,

I'm just releasing LDPartEditor 0.8.1c Beta Smile I will try to release a new version each month or earlier.

You can download LPE from this page:

Please note that this software is in the beta stage. Although, LPE 0.8.1c was carefully tested and developed, there are already known issues for this release. There is a potential risk of data loss. LPE could endanger your system stability, too.

You can search for updates if you do the following steps:

Changelog:

• ...emulate mouse keys on a focused 3D window with keyboard keys (K = Left Mouse Button, L = Right Mouse Button, M = Middle Mouse Button)
  • ...Convert selected Lines to Conditional Lines
  • ...use a even better "Delete" function in the parts tree (it creates .bak files for project parts and deletes only the reference path to non-project parts).

This release includes bug fixes as well (thanks to Willy for sending me his log files).

System Requirements:

Code:
java -d64 version

Code:

Print this item