Welcome, Guest
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username

Password

(Advanced Search)

Forum Statistics
» Members: 4,048
» Latest member: John Dannenberg
» Forum threads: 5,507
» Forum posts: 47,380

Full Statistics

Online Users
There are currently 504 online users.
» 1 Member(s) | 498 Guest(s)
Applebot, Baidu, Bing, Google, Yandex, Jose Alfonso

Latest Threads
Request for 102735
Forum: Part Requests
Last Post: Stephan den Ridder
3 hours ago
» Replies: 3
» Views: 77
Wedgy-Slopes from '24 Spe...
Last Post: Ryan Hicks
8 hours ago
» Replies: 4
» Views: 57
WeDo 2.0 electronics
Last Post: Philippe Hurbain
Yesterday, 18:39
» Replies: 22
» Views: 35,475
Part request: 50986pb003 ...
Last Post: Gerald Lasser
2024-04-21, 16:16
» Replies: 4
» Views: 385
Technic 1982
Forum: Official Models
Last Post: Takeshi Takahashi
2024-04-21, 14:37
» Replies: 13
» Views: 2,993
LPub3D and highlight step
Forum: General LDraw.org Discussion
Last Post: Leszek
2024-04-21, 10:01
» Replies: 0
» Views: 70
Creator 2023
Last Post: Marc Giraudet
2024-04-20, 21:42
» Replies: 5
» Views: 522
Lego House - Lego Exclusi...
Last Post: Marc Giraudet
2024-04-20, 17:21
» Replies: 2
» Views: 255
The Muppets CMF - 71033
Forum: Parts Authoring
Last Post: Fredrik Hareide
2024-04-20, 10:08
» Replies: 12
» Views: 1,796
Technic 2019
Last Post: Paweł Turalski
2024-04-19, 17:02
» Replies: 36
» Views: 29,322

New header meta proposal: 0 !BOM
Posted by: Philippe Hurbain - 2015-04-24, 8:43 - Forum: Official File Specifications/Standards - Replies (22)

This meta would be followed by a short string (max length to be defined, 6 chars is probably OK) containing the length of the element (or any other string that would help distinguish a part from another). That string would be displayed next to the part image in BOMs and in editors parts bin. Counting holes or studs in tiny thumbnails of a part is tedious at best, distinguishing a 9L axle from a 10L one is next to impossible...
Possible extension:
0 !BOM V string
where V would be a "verbose level", the editor or BOM generator would only display text below some user defined level. It would be the responsability of part author to set this level at a sensible value, 1 beeing "most useful to be displayed", 2 "useful", 3 "if you insist you may display this"...

Print this item

[LDPatternCreator] Known Bugs?
Posted by: Nils Schmidt - 2015-04-20, 13:21 - Forum: Parts Author Tools - Replies (21)

Hello,

as I wrote a few times before, that I am very motivated to fix the last "unknown" bugs in the code of LDPatternCreator (LPC).

The main problem is, that I am not able to reproduce some of the critical errors.

Here is a list of issues which require in my opinion more investigation:

1. From time to time, LPC "forget" the information of primitives. The geometry is still there (triangles, etc.), but the primitives are gone.
  2. Sometimes, the information of the background image offset and scale is missing.

PS: LPC is compared to LD Part Editor a very small piece of software (25k lines of code vs. 100.000 loc).

Print this item

2015/2016 LDraw.org Standard Board announced
Posted by: Willy Tschager - 2015-04-20, 13:00 - Forum: LDraw.org Announcements - Replies (4)

The Steering Committee [1] has selected the following volunteers for the 2015/2016 Standards Board (in alphabetical order):

Chris Dee (seat reserved as current LDraw Library Administrator)
Roland Melkert
Ben Supnik

The SteerCo has opted for the lowest required number of people to streamline the upcoming processes as much as possible. Their accounts have already been upgraded for the LSB forum.

More information on the LSB can be found in the LSB charter.

[1] Try not to confuse the LDraw.org Steering Committee (SteerCo) with the LDraw.org Standards Board (LSB). The Steering Committee sets the course for the LDraw Organization while the Standards Board deals with the LDraw File Format.

Congratulations to the new and a huge thank you to the outgoing members!

Willy Tschager
On behalf of the LDraw.org Steering Committee

Print this item

LICreator - functionailty for build bigger model
Posted by: Jarema - 2015-04-20, 10:36 - Forum: LDraw File Processing and Conversion - Replies (5)

For Example.
I have 42026: Black Champion Racer. And I have build bigger version with larger wheels and so on.
What I need to know is
:: how much and what part is necessary
:: availability of the used parts

Tell me, What you think about this opportunity. And propose how handle it.

Print this item

[LeoCAD] Library management
Posted by: Pierre A. - 2015-04-18, 15:56 - Forum: LDraw Editors and Viewers - No Replies

Hello to all

I'm using LeoCAD 0.82.0 (latest) on Linux Ubuntu 14.04 (install using this)
I'm using LDraw 2014-02 library without "parts.lst" file.
All work fine.

Now I try to add "LS02.dat" & "LS100.dat" parts to generate input to LSynth.
As soon as I add the .dat files, on next LeoCAD start, I see these parts LeoCAD part browser.
But parts are invisible i.e. without any graphic displayed.
Can a person explain me my wrong way?

Print this item

Creating contours of part from .ldr file
Posted by: Jarema - 2015-04-15, 13:57 - Forum: LDraw File Processing and Conversion - Replies (1)

As from the file .ldr | .dat draw the contour of part in one color version ?!.

Print this item

upload fixes for official parts to the PT without e-mail to Chris?
Posted by: Steffen - 2015-04-15, 6:39 - Forum: Parts Authoring - Replies (8)

Hi, I would like to suggest a change of procedure:

When we need to fix official parts, we currently have to e-mail them to Chris who will upload them to the PT.
I find this tedious. My suggestion is to allow the upload of such files at the PT.
It should show a warning message "You are uploading a new version of an already official part.
Is this really what you want to do? Your upload will replace the existing official file." and then a YES/NO choice.

Is this possible?

I write this because I have seen forum post
http://forums.ldraw.org/showthread.php?t...1#pid16161
and wondered if we could simplify the procedure for official fixes.

Print this item

LEGO Mini Cooper - set 10242
Posted by: Reuben Pearse - 2015-04-15, 6:05 - Forum: Official Models - Replies (8)

Hi everyone,

I'm trying to convert an LXF file of set 10242 (Mini Cooper) to an LDraw file that I can open in MLCAD.

The LXF file is available here:
http://www.eurobricks.com/forum/index.ph...26&st=3975

Even after swapping out the the ldraw.xml file used by LDD with the one here...
http://gallaghersart.com/LEGO_forums/vie...wforum/28/
..there are still pieces missing.

The main pieces I need are:
Round Shield: http://brickset.com/parts/6076677
Plate W. Bow 2X2X2/3: http://brickset.com/parts/6047220
Flat Tile 2X2, Round "Udluft": http://brickset.com/parts/6052204
Flat Tile 1X1, Round "No.12": http://brickset.com/parts/6030333

I noticed that MagFors has been working on some of the other parts specific to this set:
http://www.ldraw.org/cgi-bin/ptscan.cgi?q=cooper

BTW - is there another way to convert an LXF file to LDraw without using the Export Model option within LEGO Digital Designer (I've got an older PC that doesn't have a graphics card that supports LEGO Digital Designer!)

Thanks

Reuben

Print this item

Finishing the Crane Arms - 2350/a/b/c/d
Posted by: Gerald Lasser - 2015-04-14, 10:49 - Forum: Parts Authoring - Replies (4)

The simple addition of the wide version of the 2350 turned out to be a lot trickier than thought, especially due to wrong information also being present on both Peeron and Bricklink.

Now after previously sifting already through building instructions, pictures etc. I sketched a little family-tree of the said part and what in my opinion needs to be done to get them all into a proper released status. (Click on the pic to get a larger version)

[Image: 2350historys.png]

There are now three new subfiles:
- (2350s01.dat) The base
- (2350s02.dat) The narrow beam without sides
- (2350s03.dat) The side pattern

Now what to do:

• The original part, 2350.dat, was moved to 2350a.dat. However this part is not existing in its unprinted form. But for the sake of compatibility to older digital MOCs it still needs to be kept as 2350a. But it shoul d look like the original 2350.dat. 2350a was last edited by Steffen.
  • 2350ap01.dat is on the PT, using the available sub-files, no action necessary.
  • 2350b.dat, the one using this name right now is the wide version, which in fact is actually the 3rd version of this part. Therefore it should be renamed to 2350c.dat (2350b was last edited by me) The real 2350b needs to be created (will look like the current 2350a)
  • 2350bp01.dat is not the PT at the moment, should be made available using the subfiles
    Actions:
    - Create the part (I will do so)
  • 2350c.dat, the one on the PT is the 4th iteration of this part, rightfully it should be 2350d.dat 2350c was last edited by Magnus.
  • 2350d.dat, not yet existing, proposal to use the code from the current 2350c.dat

Who will do what?
Pending some approval form the involved parties regarding the numbering we could either
- have the files renamed by admin edit
- or I could just edit the available files and move the code into the corresponding files

1.) move code of 2350c to 2350d
2.) move code of 2350b to 2350c
3.) create 2350b
4.) create 2350bp01
5.) change 2350a to use sub-files and get the 16th stud.

My only concern is that many people have touched some of those files, there are not many left for certification :-)

Thanks

Gerald

Print this item

LPUB - Grey out previous step
Posted by: Jetro de Château - 2015-04-14, 9:50 - Forum: LDraw Editors and Viewers - Replies (3)

I'm trying to create black and white BIs for a model. In order to make it easier to see where new parts are added I would like to grey out all the "existing" parts like MLCad does in view mode. Can I do this with LPUB?

Print this item