Welcome, Guest
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username

Password

(Advanced Search)

Forum Statistics
» Members: 4,057
» Latest member: Drago Lujić
» Forum threads: 5,510
» Forum posts: 47,403

Full Statistics

Online Users
There are currently 815 online users.
» 3 Member(s) | 806 Guest(s)
Applebot, Baidu, Bing, Facebook, Google, Yandex, Drago Lujić, Nils Schmidt, Orion Pobursky

Latest Threads
Request for 102735
Forum: Part Requests
Last Post: Stephan den Ridder
4 hours ago
» Replies: 4
» Views: 235
Creator 2023
Forum: Official Models
Last Post: Marc Giraudet
7 hours ago
» Replies: 7
» Views: 757
Super Heroes sets
Last Post: Marc Giraudet
7 hours ago
» Replies: 7
» Views: 3,369
Set 10270 Bookshop
Last Post: Vincent Messenet
Today, 6:25
» Replies: 3
» Views: 3,093
Parts for Beekeeper Minif...
Last Post: Jason Osicki
Yesterday, 20:56
» Replies: 2
» Views: 119
2024-03 update will be on...
Forum: Parts Tracker Discussion
Last Post: Orion Pobursky
Yesterday, 11:55
» Replies: 3
» Views: 401
LDraw vitual meeting (Liv...
Forum: General LDraw.org Discussion
Last Post: Nils Schmidt
2024-04-24, 21:03
» Replies: 6
» Views: 322
Technic 1982
Last Post: Takeshi Takahashi
2024-04-24, 15:49
» Replies: 14
» Views: 3,559
2024/2025 LDraw.org Steer...
Forum: LDraw.org Announcements
Last Post: Max Martin Richter
2024-04-23, 18:40
» Replies: 0
» Views: 372
Wedgy-Slopes from '24 Spe...
Last Post: Ryan Hicks
2024-04-23, 0:12
» Replies: 4
» Views: 161

Anton Raves POV parts
Posted by: Michael Horvath - 2016-01-19, 12:03 - Forum: Part Requests - Replies (2)

I'm trying to render some models in POV-Ray using Anton Raves' library that comes with the All-in-one Installer. However, I keep getting an error that "ar_material.inc" is missing. Where do I find this file??!

Thanks.

Print this item

Major spam attack
Posted by: Orion Pobursky - 2016-01-19, 5:43 - Forum: Website Suggestions/Requests/Discussion - No Replies

I just deleted something like 1100 posts from a very dedicated spammer. Since this massive amount of posts required me to delete messages from the back end, I apologize if any legitimate posts were deleted. The delete script was very specifically tailored so this shouldn't have happened but if it did, now you know

Print this item

Changes in install path
Posted by: Jetro de Château - 2016-01-15, 12:15 - Forum: LDraw Editors and Viewers - Replies (9)

As I said in an earlier post, I'm trying to get back up to speed with LDraw and in addition I'm on a "virgin" system (Windows 7 Ultimate x64) so I'm installing everything fresh.

I used the latest AIOI (2015-1) after which I used LDView to update my parts.

So far so good. Today I needed LSynth constraints to create a string. Somehow that didn't get installed with my AIOI (I didn't do a full install, but I only remember leaving out Pov-RAY).
Anyway, easy enough following the excellent tutorials on Holly-Wood. That is, until I tried to install the extra parts and couldn't find my part library. I have since located it under C:\Users\Public\Documents\LDraw, but it would be nice to see this updated in the tutorials

I have also downloaded the latest MLCad.ini file and modified it as per the instructions in the same tutorial (http://www.holly-wood.it/lsynth/tutorial-en.html). I have indiated LSynth is located at
%PATH = "C:\Program Files (x86)\LDraw\LSynth\bin\lsynthcp.exe" (commas because of the "gap" in the name)
and added the following line to the scan order list:
7 = Show <LDRAWDIR>Unofficial\LSynth
which corresponds to the location I have unpacked the helper files
C:\Users\Public\Documents\LDraw\Unofficial\LSynth

I have then saved the MLCad.ini and placed it next to MLCad.exe in the installation folder.

Next up I have told MLCad to rescan the parts list and I have created a new part tree entry for LSynth.

However, the helper files do not show up in the part tree and MLCad shows all LSynth commands greyed out.

What did I do wrong?

Print this item

Hiding parts from the part list in LPUB
Posted by: Jetro de Château - 2016-01-15, 10:47 - Forum: LDraw Editors and Viewers - Replies (8)

I'm trying to get back into the game and running into all sorts of issues I thought I knew...

I'm building a WeDo model and I'm having some issues with cables and strings. I'm trying to add a PF connector in a step without is showing up in the parts list. I thought I needed to ghost the element to do so, but LPub still shows it. What could I be doing wrong?

Another issue is with the string. Rather than show a 41L string in the parts list (which makes it way to big) I would like to add an image of a curled up string to the parts list and a generated string (with bends etc.) in the model. I assume the procedure is similar...

Print this item

LDCad pane docking
Posted by: Jetro de Château - 2016-01-15, 9:11 - Forum: LDraw Editors and Viewers - Replies (4)

I'm working my way through the LDCad tutorials and trying to build some models to get the hang of it.
There are a couple of things that I can't quite figure out. One of them is the location/docking of panes. Somehow my color bin and parts bin panes have become undocked and I can't find a way of docking them again. How do I dock them again so they are not on top of the compass if I move them to the left side?

Print this item

Small Sail
Posted by: Christian Maglekær - 2016-01-15, 1:35 - Forum: Part Requests - Replies (13)

Hi there.
Are there someone who can make this, or are working on this type of sailing?

sailbb30 sailbb19 sailbb26

The pattern has is not important at this stage, for my used

Print this item

[LDPartEditor] > Requests
Posted by: Gerald Lasser - 2016-01-14, 21:45 - Forum: Parts Author Tools - Replies (7)

Hi Nils,

After doing some parts with the LDPE I am getting pretty much used to it, although I did by far not use all the features yet, or may be have not even discovered them all. I do have some requests or suggestions to make editing easier.

PROPOSAL: Add "Move Manipulator to Origin of selected Subfile" to the Context Menu
I find it a bit tedious to go up to the menu bar and set the manipulator to the subfile I selected. It simply take a lot of time.
It would be great if this can be implemented in the RMB Context Menu. This is basically the way I set the Manipulator most of the time. Either in the RMB Context Menu or with a keyboard shortcut (Ctrl+ something) to do the same.

PROPOSAL: A better way to skew RECT Prims
I did not find a proper way till now to move a rectangle-prim in place when it is out of a plane. I.e. if I want to put it slanted I need to check two vertices, calculate their distance, translate this into the transformation matrix of the rect-prim to put it to the correct angle and the correct vertex.
It would be good if I could:
- Select a primitive (Rect) (1)
- Select the two vertices or edge lines where the rect shall touch (2)
- LDPE will calculate the transformation matrix -> Result in the final Pic

.png   LDPE-Prop-AlignPrim1.png (Size: 23.72 KB / Downloads: 4)

.png   LDPE-Prop-AlignPrim2.png (Size: 11.34 KB / Downloads: 4)

PROPOSAL: Align Circles or Cricle Sections
Sometimes there is a need to find a circle-section that fits between two specific points, A and B. I have also attached a picture to show the task. I need to calculate the radius ® of the circle and the center (M) I do this now with a small XLS tool which serves the purpose perfectly. It would be neat if this could be "onboard" of LDPE.

PROPOSAL: Draw Selection Only/Draw Until Selection
You have the possibility oin the text editor to "Show Selection in 3D View" This selects also the line sin the 3D Editor and I can jointly move it, that is really good (and I just discovered after finding the link to the manual again:-)
Now sometimes I would like to see only a specific set of lines (without the rest of the part) or to draw only to a certain line.
Those two selections would be great:
- Draw Selection (in Text Editor)
- Draw Until Selection (in Text Editor)
I would need this function to help properly sort the lines in a file and to clean it up.

PROPOSAL: Group Function
This would also aid in cleanign and sorting a file. I.e. In the 3D Editor I can select a number of items (quads, lines etc.) which might not be at one position in the file, however they might belong together. So
- I select them,
- then RMB "join selection in text Editor"
- may be a prompt is made to add a comment to allow you finding the code later.

QUESTION: Cond-Line Colors
Why are the Condlines shown in two colors? I could not figure out a reason for that.

A lot of stuff... but I hope this might be useful/helpful for others as well

Gerald

Print this item

2016/2017 LDraw.org Steering Committee (SteerCo): List of nominees
Posted by: Willy Tschager - 2016-01-14, 12:40 - Forum: LDraw.org Announcements - No Replies

A quick reference to the candidates for the 2016/2017 LDraw.org Steering Committee (SteerCo) election. The information is drawn from the nomination process and corrections are welcome, please email the webmasters.

Candidates are listed in alphabetical order by last name and no ranking or endorsement should be inferred from their position on the list. The following table summarizes the status of each candidate in the format:
Nominee name: Nomination Status (Nominator, Second)

Chris Dee: Accepted (Max Martin Richter, Travis Cobbs)
Philippe Hurbain: Accepted (Max Martin Richter, Travis Cobbs)
Max Martin Richter: Accepted (Willy Tschager, Philippe Hurbain)
Orion Pobursky: Accepted (Max Martin Richter, Travis Cobbs)
Willy Tschager: Accepted (Max Martin Richter, Travis Cobbs)

Magnus Forsberg: Not Yet Accepted (Max Martin Richter, Travis Cobbs)
Michael Heidemann: Not Yet Accepted (Max Martin Richter, Travis Cobbs)

Travis Cobbs: Declined (Max Martin Richter)
Tim Gould: Declined (Max Martin Richter, Travis Cobbs)
Steffen Lohse: Declined (Max Martin Richter, Travis Cobbs)
Roland Melkert: Declined (Max Martin Richter, Travis Cobbs)

Replies to this have been disabled. The nominations thread is where they belong.

w.

Print this item

Idea: Highlighting new parts in a step
Posted by: Jaco van der Molen - 2016-01-13, 13:27 - Forum: LDraw Editors and Viewers - Replies (25)

Maybe I am asking too much at a time, but I really want to share this thought...

Reading the review of the Ghostbusters Firehouse on Eurobricks (http://www.eurobricks.com/forum/index.ph...pic=118783) I saw something interesting I've been wondering about before.

LEGO uses highlighting to show what parts a new in a step.
Like this
[Image: 23570011939_3a3f90efdc_z.jpg]

They've done this occasionally before (in the long past and I think with some monthly minibuilds) and I think it would be nice to be able to do this too?

Would something like this be possible to implement in LPub3D?
Or use some other software to pre-process an LDraw file that creates lines around the parts of a step?

I've done this in some instructions by hand (not every step) where it was really hard to see where parts went in a certain step. This is often the case with a monochrome model or when one uses many black for instance.

Print this item

Error creating thumbnail: Unable to save thumbnail to destination
Posted by: Michael Horvath - 2016-01-12, 7:19 - Forum: General LDraw.org Discussion - No Replies

Can someone fix the wiki, please? It seems that uploading/displaying images does not work. It's been like this for several years. How do you expect us to want to write tutorials if the wiki is not working?

Print this item