Welcome, Guest
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username

Password

(Advanced Search)

Forum Statistics
» Members: 4,034
» Latest member: Jack Ko
» Forum threads: 5,503
» Forum posts: 47,356

Full Statistics

Online Users
There are currently 629 online users.
» 0 Member(s) | 624 Guest(s)
Applebot, Baidu, Bing, Google, Yandex

Latest Threads
Part request: 50986pb003 ...
Forum: Part Requests
Last Post: Rene Rechthaler
3 hours ago
» Replies: 3
» Views: 44
Technic 2019
Forum: Official Models
Last Post: Paweł Turalski
8 hours ago
» Replies: 36
» Views: 29,061
2024/2025 LDraw.org Steer...
Forum: LDraw.org Announcements
Last Post: Takeshi Takahashi
11 hours ago
» Replies: 40
» Views: 2,379
Part request: 553pb032 - ...
Last Post: Franklin W. Cain
11 hours ago
» Replies: 1
» Views: 37
Studio Connectivity Data
Forum: LDraw Editors and Viewers
Last Post: Cam's Bricks
2024-04-18, 20:13
» Replies: 22
» Views: 7,645
Creator 2023
Last Post: Marc Giraudet
2024-04-18, 19:29
» Replies: 2
» Views: 171
2024-03 update will be on...
Forum: Parts Tracker Discussion
Last Post: Steffen
2024-04-18, 18:19
» Replies: 2
» Views: 130
Calculate the individual ...
Forum: Off-Topic
Last Post: Manfred Schaefer
2024-04-18, 17:15
» Replies: 3
» Views: 311
Technic 1982
Last Post: Takeshi Takahashi
2024-04-18, 14:50
» Replies: 11
» Views: 2,486
Part request: 18392pb04 -...
Last Post: Anthony
2024-04-18, 8:06
» Replies: 0
» Views: 62

Part 22391 Nexo Knights part
Posted by: Tyler Clites - 2016-01-29, 20:25 - Forum: Part Requests - Replies (7)

Hello talented part authors.

Is there a chance someone could create the new wedge piece from the new Nexo Knights line?

http://alpha.bricklink.com/pages/clone/c...3#T=C&C=63

Thanks!

Print this item

Patterned parts names
Posted by: Tomas Kralicek - 2016-01-29, 19:30 - Forum: Parts Authoring - Replies (1)

Hi all,

I'm new to the forum and I tried to create a new parts that I want to submit. I did two new patterned torsos and one 1x3 brick. Now I'm not sure about the naming. I went through the Patterned Part Numbers table and tried to assign them name that is not used in the library yet. All these parts are from the Town theme.

Torso Cargo Logo with Shirt Pattern
- Bricklink: 973pb0239
- Suggested name: 973p2n

Torso Space Port Logo, Tube and 'C1' with Two Yellow Bars Pattern
- Bricklink: 973px176
- Suggested name: 973p2q

Brick 1 x 3 with Green and Blue Stripe with Cargo Logo Print
- Bricklink: 3622pb008
- Suggested name: 3622p03

Can you help me with correct names?

Print this item

Vulkan API / Next Software Project
Posted by: Nils Schmidt - 2016-01-28, 16:57 - Forum: Off-Topic - Replies (2)

Hello!

Just want to say that I am going to learn and master the Vulkan API from the Khronos Group with C++.
As a result, I want to produce a little game with LDraw parts and then, for sure, a new next-gen editor in two to five years after LDPartEditor is stable and ready-for-production.

Leg godt

Nils

Print this item

Rules and procedures for the Official Model Repository - OMR
Posted by: Willy Tschager - 2016-01-28, 11:27 - Forum: LDraw.org Announcements - Replies (17)

The Steering Committee has worked out the following rules for the OMR:

Rules and procedures for the Official Model Repository - OMR

* The OMR located at omr.ldraw.org is linked from the homepage via a link named "Models"
* The OMR is named "official" because it contains only LDraw replicas of sets (and their submodels) released by the LEGO Group. MOCs or fixes/changes to official models must not be uploaded.
* The OMR hosts the actual LDraw file. Links to external model files aren't allowed.
* The OMR hosts only models that are in line with the LDraw.org Contributor Agreement and contain the "0 !LICENSE Redistributable under CCAL version 2.0 : see CAreadme.txt" statement.
* The models must respect the Official Model Repository (OMR) Specification Version 1.0.3. It is at the OMR-admins (or anybody else) discretion to "OMRize" models in case they don't - granted that they obey to the LDraw.org Contributor Agreement.
* All file manipulations are handled by the OMR-admin. There is no submission through users.
* The user (Model author) uploads the model to the LDraw forum and if there was a public discussion the admin mirrors it to the OMR 7 days (or later) after the last post in this discussion. For the event there hasn't been any discussion the upload should be done 7 days (or later) after the initial post. After the upload is done, the model file shall be deleted, so that the forum doesn't clutter that mutch.
* Updates of files made after the first official release should get a history line, which states the date, author and a short description of the change.

Willy Tschager
On behalf of the LDraw.org Steering Committee

Print this item

Request: Part 6106472/74261
Posted by: Jason McReynolds - 2016-01-28, 4:57 - Forum: Part Requests - Replies (3)

Wasn't able to find part 6106472, Ball Cup High Friction W. Rubber (older number appears to be 74261 - Hero Factory Arm / Leg Extender with Ball Joint and Ball Socket). Was a bit hard trying to find, but 6106472 is the part ID in the build instructions I have for General Grievous. The older part number, 74261, is available in LDDs Digital Designer Extended.

Anyone willing to take this one on...??? Smile

Print this item

Library localization
Posted by: Philippe Hurbain - 2016-01-27, 14:07 - Forum: Official File Specifications/Standards - Replies (8)

Out of curiosity, are there LDraw programs that support localization according to this specification?

Print this item

New (semi)Technic parts
Posted by: Milan Vančura - 2016-01-27, 10:52 - Forum: Part Requests - Replies (6)

Hello. I have built an alternate model for 31045 (as a part of Czech AFOL forum contest) and these two new parts are missing in ldraw - and therefore in my instructions, too:

18677 - Plate, Modified 1 x 2 with Pin Hole on Bottom
22961 - Technic, Axle and Pin Connector Hub with 1 Axle

I hope these should be easy to do as they are just a combination of basic LEGO shapes.
Anyone willing to make them, please?

Print this item

Forum update (Round 2)
Posted by: Orion Pobursky - 2016-01-27, 2:35 - Forum: Website Suggestions/Requests/Discussion - Replies (9)

It's time again to discuss an update to the forum software.

Development on our current software, Phorum, is effectively dead as there are only 2 primary developers and they really don't do any work on the project. PHP is progressing, and for security reasons I feel we should be on the most current, stable version. We have had some problems (not insurmountable) with newer PHP versions and the Phorum software. Also, the back end admin console is a bit clunky and image handling in posts is terrible.

A while back I found what I thought to be a suitable replacement, myBB, but there were some shortcomings that lead me to abandon the conversion project. The major shortcomings being no native "real name" support, and no hybrid threaded view. I'm willing to live without the latter but the former is nonnegotiable in my opinion. However, "real name" support can be built in.

I'd like to open discussion up to the community on thoughts and suggestions.

Print this item

LDCad questions
Posted by: Jetro de Château - 2016-01-26, 9:35 - Forum: LDraw Editors and Viewers - Replies (15)

I have a few specific questions for LDCad use that I haven't (yet) found answers to:

- Changing part colours
If I make a mistake or simply want to try a different colour scheme, I need to change the colour of parts that are already in the model. So far the only way I have been able to do this is to select the part and then double click on the new colour in the colour wheel.
Depending on where the colour is in the wheel this can be tricky. Is there a better way to do this? Is there a way to turn the wheel so a specific colour is more accessible?

- Moving parts to a submodel
Occasionally after building a digital model I realise that for the sake of clarity in the instructions it would be easier to move a number of parts tu a submodel (e.g. either to create a callout). Is there a way to easily move parts to a submodel that doesn't involve deleting them from the main model?
I'm thinking of an option that would allow me to move parts to (and from) submodels in the same way I can now move parts from and to steps

- Substituting parts
have just found I need to change a 6L axle for an 8L axle. Is there a simple way to substitute one part for another, without removing one and reinserting the next? MLCad has a dialogue for that.

Print this item

How to compile LPub3D on Linux?
Posted by: Milan Vančura - 2016-01-25, 20:35 - Forum: LDraw Editors and Viewers - Replies (4)

Hello Trevor.

I tried to compile LPub3D on Linux but no success so far. Please, what's the proper way?
(I can compile old LPub4 with no problem.)

My attempt: qmake && make

Problems:

1. some files and directories have wrong case in their names, usual problem with sources coming from Windows. I fixed that.
2. qmake warns and make of some files reports an error that I do not have windows.h - what to set on unix-like systems?
3. build.h is missing, how/where I can get it?
4. are there more changes since LPub4, which may cause problems? More libraries etc.?

Thank you,

Milan

Print this item