Welcome, Guest
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username

Password

(Advanced Search)

Forum Statistics
» Members: 4,033
» Latest member: Warter
» Forum threads: 5,503
» Forum posts: 47,356

Full Statistics

Online Users
There are currently 648 online users.
» 1 Member(s) | 642 Guest(s)
Applebot, Baidu, Bing, Google, Yandex, JerryMen

Latest Threads
Part request: 50986pb003 ...
Forum: Part Requests
Last Post: Rene Rechthaler
1 hour ago
» Replies: 3
» Views: 35
Technic 2019
Forum: Official Models
Last Post: Paweł Turalski
7 hours ago
» Replies: 36
» Views: 28,994
2024/2025 LDraw.org Steer...
Forum: LDraw.org Announcements
Last Post: Takeshi Takahashi
9 hours ago
» Replies: 40
» Views: 2,361
Part request: 553pb032 - ...
Last Post: Franklin W. Cain
9 hours ago
» Replies: 1
» Views: 35
Studio Connectivity Data
Forum: LDraw Editors and Viewers
Last Post: Cam's Bricks
2024-04-18, 20:13
» Replies: 22
» Views: 7,636
Creator 2023
Last Post: Marc Giraudet
2024-04-18, 19:29
» Replies: 2
» Views: 166
2024-03 update will be on...
Forum: Parts Tracker Discussion
Last Post: Steffen
2024-04-18, 18:19
» Replies: 2
» Views: 120
Calculate the individual ...
Forum: Off-Topic
Last Post: Manfred Schaefer
2024-04-18, 17:15
» Replies: 3
» Views: 302
Technic 1982
Last Post: Takeshi Takahashi
2024-04-18, 14:50
» Replies: 11
» Views: 2,482
Part request: 18392pb04 -...
Last Post: Anthony
2024-04-18, 8:06
» Replies: 0
» Views: 62

[LDPartEditor] 0.8.15 Beta Released
Posted by: Nils Schmidt - 2016-05-17, 20:54 - Forum: Parts Author Tools - Replies (31)

Hey :)

good news: I found and fixed more bugs, but 0.8.15 has new features, too.

[Image: imgDuke2.png]
As always, you can download LDPE from this page:
http://nilsschmidt1337.github.io/ldparteditor/

Changelog:
(3 new features and 6 bug fixes)

With this release you will be able to...

• ...randomise the colours for a selection.
  • ...benefit from a little bit better 3D render performance.
  • ...see the version number in the window title from the 3D editor.
The following critical issues were fixed:

1. It was not possible to change the colour of CSG objects (3D editor)
  2. After closing a file in the 3D editor with "Close" in the parts tree window and actually vanishing from the 3D and Text editor it cannot be deleted in the explorer telling that the file is open in the SE java platform.
  3. Fixed a NullPointerException which occurred during the transformation of CSG bodies (3D editor only)
  4. Fixed a NullPointerException which occurred during the colour change for CSG bodies (3D editor only)
  5. The QuickFix for the part description transformed the first line into a comment.
  6. Line-type 1 syntax highlighting / warning (text editor): Wrong yellow underline for files which were found on the hard-disk.
What will the next release 0.8.16 deliver? Usability improvements, maybe some new fancy features...

The program was tested intensively with "real world" files.
However, it is still a beta version and something can go wrong in about 100.000 lines of code.

Make sure that you choose the right architecture for your OS and Java Virtual Machine (JVM) (64bit or 32bit).
A short guide how to check if a 64bit JVM is installed on your system is located at the bottom of this message.

1. Download the zip-Archive
  2. Extract the archive content to the location of your choice
  3. On windows, double-click "run.bat" to start LDPE.
  4. On linux/mac, you have to excecute the shell script "run.sh" to start LDPE.
Please note that this software is in the beta stage. Although, LDPE 0.8.15 was tested, there are already known issues  for this release. There is a potential risk of data loss.

You can search for updates if you do the following steps:

1. On windows, double-click "update.bat" to search for updates.
  2. On linux/mac, you have to excecute the shell script "update.sh".
I listen carefully to your requests and possible complaints. Please leave me a message, with your thoughts and wishes to further improve the software.

LDPE is a 3D CAD application: The overall system requirements are higher. While I recommend to use a powerful 64-bit multicore system, it could be possible, to run LDPE on older machines as well.

System Requirements:

Minimum System Requirements:
  • Java Runtime Environment (JRE) 1.8
  • OpenGL 2.1 compatible Graphics Card
  • Operating System (32/64bit): Windows [XP; Vista; 7 or newer], Mac OS X [>=10.6], Linux [e.g. Ubuntu Linux >=10.4]
  • CPU: Multicore-Processor e.g. Intel Core 2 Duo or AMD Athlon II (>2.0Ghz)
  • RAM: 4GB
  • Video-Memory: 512 MB
  • Free Disk Space: 100 MB
Recommended Requirements:
  • Operating System (64bit): Windows 7, Mac OS X [>=10.6], Linux [e.g. Ubuntu Linux >=10.4]
  • CPU: Multicore-Processor with 4 cores (or more)
  • RAM: >4 GB
  • Video-Memory: >=1 GB
  • Free Disk Space: 512 MB
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
How to check your JVM version (32- or 64-bit):
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You can try on the command line:

Code:
java -d64 version

If it's not a 64-bit version, you'll get a message that looks like:

Code:
This Java instance does not support a 64-bit JVM. Please install the desired version.

In general, I recommend to install the 64-bit version of the JVM for Java 8.

Print this item

Chain/track animation in LDCad
Posted by: Gret Rumpel - 2016-05-17, 13:04 - Forum: Rendering Techniques - Replies (5)

Hi all,
I am wondering is it possible to animate chain/track in LDCad?
If yes, any help is highly appreciated.
I searched the forums and found nothing on that particular subject.
Regards.

Print this item

Animated Rotation of Model
Posted by: Tanner S. - 2016-05-14, 1:59 - Forum: Rendering Techniques - Replies (17)

I was wondering if there was a way to make LDView export a series of images showing a rotation around the model incrementally.

Could it be accomplished using the batch command (which I know next to nothing about)?

Print this item

[LDPartEditor] 0.8.14 Beta Released
Posted by: Nils Schmidt - 2016-05-13, 13:01 - Forum: Parts Author Tools - Replies (3)

Hi,

the bug hunt is over,  0.8.14 is ready to go.

Changelog:
(14 bug fixes)

1. The PartReview progress monitor did not update the status info.
  2. "Split View Horizontally / Vertically" did not work correct with the new sync. feature (Zoom / Manipulator / Translation).
  3. "Intersector" did not hide primitives.
  4. The LDU to Inch factor was not correct (was 0.015625, but should be 0.015748).
  5. Released translation / property files for the German language version too early.
  6. MeshReducer did not always terminate automatically (but the manual "Cancel" button worked).
  7. SWTException: Widget is Disposed, when inserted something.
  8. Transform selection (Subfiles) threw a NullPointerException.
  9. A colour change (Subfiles) threw a NullPointerException.
  10. The OpenGL line width for primitives was not constant (Primitive Area).
  11. After I used SymSplitter to get half of a file, and then used the Select ...All Shown, all edges, tris and quads in hidden primitives and subfiles were selected too.
  12. "Drag & Drop" with primitives led to an event overflow, which slowed down the OpenGL render engine.
  13. Open *.dat File (3D Editor) threw a NullPointerException.
  14. The Subfiler didn't include and move comments. They're left behind in the main file. The structure of the file was lost.
What will the next release 0.8.15 deliver? Focus on bug fixes, performance and then usability improvements...

However, it is still a beta version and something can go wrong in about 100.000 lines of code.

Make sure that you choose the right architecture for your OS and Java Virtual Machine (JVM) (64bit or 32bit).
A short guide how to check if a 64bit JVM is installed on your system is located at the bottom of this message.

Please note that this software is in the beta stage. Although, LDPE 0.8.14 was tested, there are already known issues  for this release. There is a potential risk of data loss.

I listen carefully to your requests and possible complaints. Please leave me a message, with your thoughts and wishes to further improve the software.

LDPE is a 3D CAD application: The overall system requirements are higher. While I recommend to use a powerful 64-bit multicore system, it could be possible, to run LDPE on older machines as well.

System Requirements:

• Operating System (32/64bit): Windows [XP; Vista; 7 or newer], Mac OS X [>=10.6], Linux [e.g. Ubuntu Linux >=10.4]
  • Operating System (64bit): Windows 7, Mac OS X [>=10.6], Linux [e.g. Ubuntu Linux >=10.4]

Code:
java -d64 version

Code:
This Java instance does not support a 64-bit JVM. Please install the desired version.

Print this item

LPub3D, LDGlite and LDView changes layout
Posted by: Brian - 2016-05-12, 10:00 - Forum: LDraw File Processing and Conversion - Replies (5)

Hi, in LPub3D, when I switch between LDGlite and LDView, various elements on the page change size and position. Is there something I can do to keep layout and size more consistent? Thanks.

Print this item

real life LEGO devices
Posted by: Steffen - 2016-05-10, 22:30 - Forum: Off-Topic - Replies (1)

http://www.djfood.org/brix-system-by-love-hulten/

Print this item

[LDPartEditor] 0.8.13 Beta Released
Posted by: Nils Schmidt - 2016-05-09, 16:12 - Forum: Parts Author Tools - Replies (9)

Hey :D

showtime for LDPartEditor 0.8.13!

Changelog:
(7 new features and 2 bug fixes)

With this release you will be able to...

• ...use a new tabbed "Add Metadata" window.
  • ...benefit from better "Sort" performance.
  • ...configure all the settings from the "Welcome Dialog" in the "Options Dialog", too.
  • ...select a line of code by clicking on the line number in the text editor (it is possible to extend the selection while pressing Ctrl.)
  • ...synchronise the manipulator between multiple perspectives (right click on 3D view, "Synchronise..."->"Manipulator").
  • ...synchronise the translation of the view between multiple perspectives (right click on 3D view, "Synchronise..."->"Viewport Translation").
  • ...synchronise the zoom level between multiple perspectives (right click on 3D view, "Synchronise..."->"Zoom").

1. "Copy" threw an exception in some rare cases
  2. The generated file name for downloaded files was not correct (PartReview tool)

What will the next release 0.8.14 deliver? Focus on bug fixes and then usability improvements...

Please note that this software is in the beta stage. Although, LDPE 0.8.13 was tested, there are already known issues  for this release. There is a potential risk of data loss.

System Requirements:

Code:
java -d64 version

Code:

Print this item

LDCad 1.6 Alpha 2 (win+linux)
Posted by: Roland Melkert - 2016-05-08, 18:17 - Forum: LDraw Editors and Viewers - Replies (13)

With my vacation coming to an end I wanted to share the latest 1.6 Alpha version as the next version might take awhile due to work etc.

Get Alpha 2 here for windows or Linux

I again only compiled the 64 bit Linux version as nobody seems to need the 32 one, if someone does need it let me know.

As this is a Alpha version it might be very unstable and backwards compatibility with the next alpha or even beta will not be guaranteed. So it is highly recommended to keep them separate from other releases.

This version includes some bugfixes and two new major features over Alpha 1:

Model level buffer exchange support.

They are applied in realtime so you will only see stuff relevant to the current building step etc, the source window will show everything but with the hidden ones in grey (just like normal hidden items). You can use all 26 buffers at once if needed.

Region select.

This is highly experimental/raw though and needs some usage explaining.

Start a selection using the right mouse button while the ctrl key is down.
While sizing the rectangle you can adjust the far and near clipping plane using the mouse wheel (hold shift for near.)
Currently the 'inside' tests are very rudimentary (bounding sphere/frustum tests) as this is just to get the feeling of things until everything is more worked out etc. So it probably best to test it with single part items only.

Any feedback, especially on the region selection, is highly welcome.

Edit: updated to Alpha 2a which fixes the inventory bug mentioned by Merlijn below.

Complete change log:

Code:
--==1.6 Alpha 2 (08-May-2016)==--
Fixed:
- [GUI] Fixed the button filter in the menubar config dialog.
- [GUI] Fixed select center move hints (most noticeable in the hotkey config dialog).
- [Scripts] addNewLine operations are no longer excluded from undo.
- [Scripts] Using the selection lua object will no longer cause access violation problems later on.
- [Scripts] Some minor bugfix/adjustments to the tools.lua script.
- [Editing] Canceling an item drop will no longer leave the 'selection is invisible' label behind.
- [Editing] The LDCad marker part is now again useable in its temporary state.
- [Editing] Fixed selection center move hotkeys to mimic 1.5 behavior.

Improved/Changed:
- [GUI] Most hints will now show their associated hot key. (more pending).
- [PartBin] Added icons for the newly supported meta's.
- [Editing] Selecting something without a color (e.g. a step meta) will no longer change the working color to 16.
- [Editing] Using the arrow keys etc will no longer complain about missing positional information when nothing is selected.
- [SourceWin] Hidden items are now selectable in the source window.

Added:
- [LDraw] Added support for the BUFEXCHG (buffer exchange) meta. Including visualization through the source window. The meta is only processed for models though.
- [Editing] Added experimental region select using CTRL+RMB. It's a 3D box, you can adjust the far/near clipping plane using the (shift+) mouse wheel.

Known issues and limitations:
- [LDraw] Scientific notation (e.g.. 1.323E12) is not supported in LDraw line content.
- [LDraw] LDraw files containing concave quads will render wrong as they are currently processed as if they are twisted.
- [Path] Using circle points at 180 degrees difference to each other might result in a weird rendering after reloading the file using it. The circular points are not designed for this kind of usage, try using bezier points instead.
- [Scripting] File changes to lua files will only be detected for the main script, if the script uses additional modules (include files) a manual reload will be required after changes to them.
- [Editing] During nesting mode some parts will be rendered at the wrong place while moving existing parts around, if those parts live in a sub model that's used more then once in the main model of the session. This is not a big issue because one set of the selection will be at the correct place, and your eye will be on them most of the time.

Print this item

SR3D Builder, unusual error on startup
Posted by: Jonas Hall - 2016-05-07, 19:57 - Forum: LDraw Editors and Viewers - Replies (4)

Hi!

I've recently reinstalled my Windows 7, and have been trying to get SR3D Builder to work again.
Upon startup I receive an unusual error message which forces me to close the program. Hence I cannot use it.

[Image: KuzOxBB.png]

I googled it and found an entry where someone else had the exact same issue (http://sr3d.spoonclan.com/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=681), but no solution was offered, not even the creator of the software had any ideas. There's a long log if one clicks the "Details" button, and I could post it if need be.

Does anyone have any ideas on how to about solving this issue?

Print this item

LGEO status
Posted by: Orion Pobursky - 2016-04-30, 22:14 - Forum: LDraw File Processing and Conversion - Replies (7)

The distribution of LGEO is in shambles.  All the link I have are dead or wrong. Maybe we should, as a community, come together and create a "most current" distro of LGEO and then host it either on LDraw.org or somewhere else.

Print this item