Welcome, Guest
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username

Password

(Advanced Search)

Forum Statistics
» Members: 4,057
» Latest member: Drago Lujić
» Forum threads: 5,510
» Forum posts: 47,403

Full Statistics

Online Users
There are currently 696 online users.
» 0 Member(s) | 690 Guest(s)
Applebot, Baidu, Bing, Facebook, Google, Yandex

Latest Threads
Request for 102735
Forum: Part Requests
Last Post: Stephan den Ridder
6 hours ago
» Replies: 4
» Views: 245
Creator 2023
Forum: Official Models
Last Post: Marc Giraudet
10 hours ago
» Replies: 7
» Views: 771
Super Heroes sets
Last Post: Marc Giraudet
10 hours ago
» Replies: 7
» Views: 3,387
Set 10270 Bookshop
Last Post: Vincent Messenet
Today, 6:25
» Replies: 3
» Views: 3,093
Parts for Beekeeper Minif...
Last Post: Jason Osicki
Yesterday, 20:56
» Replies: 2
» Views: 123
2024-03 update will be on...
Forum: Parts Tracker Discussion
Last Post: Orion Pobursky
Yesterday, 11:55
» Replies: 3
» Views: 403
LDraw vitual meeting (Liv...
Forum: General LDraw.org Discussion
Last Post: Nils Schmidt
2024-04-24, 21:03
» Replies: 6
» Views: 323
Technic 1982
Last Post: Takeshi Takahashi
2024-04-24, 15:49
» Replies: 14
» Views: 3,564
2024/2025 LDraw.org Steer...
Forum: LDraw.org Announcements
Last Post: Max Martin Richter
2024-04-23, 18:40
» Replies: 0
» Views: 372
Wedgy-Slopes from '24 Spe...
Last Post: Ryan Hicks
2024-04-23, 0:12
» Replies: 4
» Views: 162

SPAM on the forum
Posted by: Damien Roux - 2016-06-01, 9:39 - Forum: Website Suggestions/Requests/Discussion - Replies (1)

As many might have noticed. The forum is regulary spammed by some advertising stuff.

Isn't there a way to prevent that ? Like adding a captcha to create an account?

Print this item

LDCad crashes when I use part 6141
Posted by: Jaco van der Molen - 2016-05-31, 18:16 - Forum: LDraw Editors and Viewers - Replies (13)

When I use part 6141 (plate 1x1 round) LDCad crashes on my machine @ home (old laptop with low specs).
This is an alias ("~moved to" or "=moved to") parts. Isn't that strange too?
Using 4073.dat everything runs fine.

I know there must be more parts that cause crashes.

Print this item

Using 3DXML Captures as Parts
Posted by: Tanner S. - 2016-05-30, 23:37 - Forum: Parts Authoring - Replies (8)

Sorry for yet another appeal for help thread, I don't mean to be a bother, but I suppose I might be by now.

Anyway, using the process outlined on this Rolf Osterthun's thread:

http://forums.ldraw.org/showthread.php?tid=1145

I have captured and made DAT files of the parts:

The problem is, I'm not sure where to go from here. I am a newbie when it comes to parts authoring (and this is cheating at best!), but I really need these parts in LDraw. Frankly, I could really use all of the parts mentioned in my post:

http://forums.ldraw.org/thread-16413.html

but none, to my knowledge, have been put on the parts tracker. The second pair aren't even in LDD. I know the community is not responsible for part requests, and I completely understand that it is a lot of work, but I still need those pieces, so I have tried to get as far as possible. I think one of the major things that needs to be done is the setting of the part center/rotation center. There may be more work beyond that which I don't even know about. If someone could guide me through the remaining steps, at least to the point where the part is functional, I would be much obliged.

-- I attached the parts if you would like to take a look at them. They are raw geometric data (if I have my vocabulary right) which runs up the file size, compared to official parts.

Attached Files
.dat   part1.dat (Size: 360.78 KB / Downloads: 6)
.dat   part2.dat (Size: 787.76 KB / Downloads: 4)
Print this item

T-Rex head and tail
Posted by: Neil - 2016-05-30, 16:19 - Forum: Part Requests - Replies (5)

Hello, everyone!

I was scrolling down this page here (http://www.digital-bricks.de/en/index.ph...ddp&mg=259) and noticed that all of the "Animal No. 5" (T-Rex) parts were available except the head and the tail, both parts simply reading "Not Available." I opened LDD, and found both these parts available in that program. For some reason, each part stand-in at the website had multiple part IDs. Perhaps this is a part of the problem?

I have unfortunately been unsuccessful in using the LDD2LDrawAddOn also downloadable from Digital-Bricks.de, possibly due to the fact that I use a Mac. Is anyone willing to help me figure out how to get access to these two pieces?

Thanks in advance,

Neil

Print this item

Snapping part 99206 in LDCad
Posted by: Jaco van der Molen - 2016-05-30, 8:58 - Forum: LDraw Editors and Viewers - Replies (6)

When I try to place part 99206
[Image: 99206.jpg]
it does not snap to the bottom (2x2) plate but one plate higher (or lower depending on how you look at it) at the "plate 1x2" part of this piece?
This is the case when placing other parts on this part too: they snap to the wrong studs.

Print this item

Thinking about LDCad 2.0 and open sourcing it
Posted by: Roland Melkert - 2016-05-29, 19:08 - Forum: LDraw Editors and Viewers - Replies (21)

Hi all,

Currently I haven't much time to work on LDCad 1.6 but I can't help thinking about the next next version which might be 2.0.

This would also be the perfect moment to go open source.

I consider switching to JAVA or PYTHON but I think both are too slow and JAVA is also a bit messy imho.

So it probably be C++(11) again. If so it will reuse large chunks of the current 1.6 code but in a reworked state.

If I go open source I would also need to select a License (I would like to keep it non commercial only)., this is the thing I'm looking up to the most so if anyone has some pointers on that

Also I'm wondering if there are people who would be interested to help development by taking up e.g. the mac version dependencies etc.

One major improvement planned would be the rendering of the gui (I want to go full OpenGL with this, even for dialogs) and I also want it be multilingual.

An actual usable 2.0 will probably take more then a year to make after actually starting it, so I might do a parallel 1.7

Any thoughts / feedback on this?

Print this item

Photo 11097pb01 Iron Man (Silver Centurion) armor
Posted by: Mike Napolitan - 2016-05-28, 19:15 - Forum: Part Requests - Replies (2)

Hello,

Does anyone know if this part exists in ldraw?

http://alpha.bricklink.com/pages/clone/c...5#T=C&C=95

I've looked through all the parts in LDD & Ldraw as well as on the .digital-bricks.de site, and I'm hoping maybe I just missed it? If not, it would be great to have.

thanks!

Print this item

Information [LICreator] - Bugs and Improvements
Posted by: Jarema - 2016-05-27, 18:41 - Forum: LDraw File Processing and Conversion - Replies (23)

I have developing next version of this tool. But I need discuss some topics with Remi Gagne. Did someone know how I can contact with Him.
And I have share work with some OSX user ready to test building process that depended on build.py script.

EDIT:
Repository: https://github.com/remig/lic
Release Date: chosen day of September 2016

Print this item

Save as does not save in LDCad 1.5?
Posted by: Jaco van der Molen - 2016-05-27, 10:52 - Forum: LDraw Editors and Viewers - Replies (24)

Hi Roland,

Is it me, or does LDCad not write a file when I "save as..."
I edited a file, saved it with another name, closed LDCad, restarted it later: no new file?

Jaco

Print this item

Wasting your time
Posted by: Willy Tschager - 2016-05-27, 6:38 - Forum: Parts Authoring - Replies (10)

This will teach me a lesson! Honestly I never dreamt that someone else could work on a Western part when I tried to upload this:

.dat   3626bpw1.dat (Size: 94.32 KB / Downloads: 3)

only to find out it was already on the PT:

http://www.ldraw.org/cgi-bin/ptdetail.cg...26bpw1.dat

As mine is a bit more elaborate than Damien's what shall I do?

w.

Print this item