Using LDCad

RE: Using LDCad
(2018-04-21, 16:45)Roland Melkert Wrote:
(2018-04-21, 12:13)Mindaugas Wrote: I 'd like to know, is it possible to merge all submodels into one main model without loosing steps?
Yes:
n   (nested mode)
Put mouse cursor inside the source window.
ctrl+a  (select all, will trigger warning)
ctrl+c  (copy selection)
ctrl+n  (new model)
(mouse still inside source window)
ctrl+v
click anywhere near the top of the source window.

Only downside (arguable a bug) it will also copy the multiple author lines from all the submodels.

ps: You'll need 1.6b for this as it fixed a bug regarding to nested copy/paste.

(2018-04-21, 12:13)Mindaugas Wrote: and for advance modeling, is it possible to make a part move on the next step
etc. on the fist step a pin is in the position one, on the next step - I need to push it deeper 
This can be done using buffer exchange.
Thanks

Maybe there is a LDCad tutorial or anything else where I could learn, how to use buffer exchange? I even cant find it.. to low IQ Sad
I found MLCad tutorial, and it looks like not what I'm looking for. It effect only the view? I need to move the pin on further(later) step, not on the current
(2018-04-21, 18:58)Mindaugas Wrote: Maybe there is a LDCad tutorial or anything else where I could learn, how to use buffer exchange? I even cant find it.. to low IQ Sad
I found MLCad tutorial, and it looks like not what I'm looking for. It effect only the view? I need to move the pin on further(later) step, not on the current

Buffer exchange it not a LDCad specific feature, it is a collection of special LDraw meta lines.

Which basically let you take a 'picture' of the current model which can then be used to restore that situation some time later (removing anything added since the picture was taken).
This can be used to place a pin at two different locations in between steps. Downside is you have to re-add all other parts of that step too.

It is discussed in some more detail here:
https://www.eurobricks.com/forum/index.p...-for-help/
(2018-04-22, 19:52)Roland Melkert Wrote:
(2018-04-21, 18:58)Mindaugas Wrote: Maybe there is a LDCad tutorial or anything else where I could learn, how to use buffer exchange? I even cant find it.. to low IQ Sad

Perhaps my tutorial on Buffer exchange can enlighten it too?
Found here:
https://sites.google.com/site/binarybric...itwisselen
In Dutch, but you can translate by Google Translate.
Jaco van der Molen
lpub.binarybricks.nl
(2018-05-29, 11:57)Jaco van der Molen Wrote: Perhaps my tutorial on Buffer exchange can enlighten it too?
Found here:
https://sites.google.com/site/binarybric...itwisselen
In Dutch, but you can translate by Google Translate.

thanks a lot
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »