Local page orientation LPub3D uncorrect in PDF and PNG outup

Local page orientation LPub3D uncorrect in PDF and PNG outup
Hi Trevor, and others who might be interested

The new feature to set local page orientation works on screen, but not in the output in PDF or PNG.
I start with A4 portrait orientation and somewhere I set some pages to landscape.
The PDF and PNG output are all portrait size but the content of the page is landscape and cuts off.

I post an example shortly.

Thanks
Jaco van der Molen
lpub.binarybricks.nl
RE: Local page orientation LPub3D uncorrect in PDF and PNG outup
(2016-09-09, 7:27)Jaco van der Molen Wrote: Hi Trevor, and others who might be interested

The new feature to set local page orientation works on screen, but not in the output in PDF or PNG.
I start with A4 portrait orientation and somewhere I set some pages to landscape.
The PDF and PNG output are all portrait size but the content of the page is landscape and cuts off.

I post an example shortly.

Thanks

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

.ldr   pageorientationtest.ldr (Size: 912 bytes / Downloads: 1)
.pdf   pageorientationtest.pdf (Size: 203.51 KB / Downloads: 1)
Jaco van der Molen
lpub.binarybricks.nl
This "model" uses A5 as size btw.
It looks like the PDF output is always wrong also with page sizes other than A4.
It looks like it has to do with the background color. Either setting it or the automatic background of submodels.

The PNG output seems better with no background color set.
No such luck with the real model I am working on.
Jaco van der Molen
lpub.binarybricks.nl
(2016-09-09, 8:44)Jaco van der Molen Wrote: The new feature to set local page orientation works on screen, but not in the output in PDF or PNG.

Jaco,

Yep, I saw this last week while doing some testing. It's on my issue list. I must have broken something ! 

Thanks for the update.

Cheers,
Ok, tnx Trevor!
Jaco van der Molen
lpub.binarybricks.nl
It turns out the platform update to Qt 5x requires considerable rework of the functionality. It's good news and bad news. Good in that 5.3 offers a cache of new print management functions that will provide greater flexibility (e.g. print preview). The bad news is I probably won't be able to release this update until 2.1 - which is some time away due to the other significant enhancements under way.

Cheers,
Ok, Trevor. Thanks for pointing that out.
Its no problem though. I much apprieciate you working on this!
I'll just make a portrait and landscape version of my instructions and get the landscape pages manually.
Jaco van der Molen
lpub.binarybricks.nl
As far as I know, you could set whatever page orientation you want, it nevertheless would have output as A5 document and your model would be cut off. Funnily enough is, you can open that PDF with every third-tier editor like that https://w9.pdffiller.com and try to move things - you shall see that all the model is actually there without quality loss, it just doesn't fit orientation size. But yet it's not that obvious thing to consider
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »