LDraw.org Discussion Forums

Full Version: Using LDCad
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Couple of questions about LDCad.

* How do I add a part or submodel that is located in the same directory (or some arbitrary directory) as the model I am working on? I can't figure out which menu option does this. Thanks.
* How do I bandbox select multiple parts in a model using the mouse?
* How do I select a part using the mouse if the part has no triangles or quads, and only edge lines?
1) Drag and drop file on the opened model, then "use file by reference"
2) Control + right mouse button drag
3) No simple way (even area select above doesn't work). The only method I see is to use source window (view -> new source window)
(2017-12-24, 12:32)Philippe Hurbain Wrote: [ -> ]1) Drag and drop file on the opened model, then "use file by reference"
3) No simple way (even area select above doesn't work). The only method I see is to use source window (view -> new source window)

3: is problematic because (region) selection only tests triangles for intersection. thanks for reminding me I need to address that in 2.0.
(2017-12-24, 12:32)Philippe Hurbain Wrote: [ -> ]1) Drag and drop file on the opened model, then "use file by reference"

1. Drag and drop from where?
2. This is not working for me. It just pans the camera around the scene.
3. Thanks.
Drag and drop from Windows file explorer. Guess it works the same on Linux, but not sure Wink
(2017-12-25, 8:02)Philippe Hurbain Wrote: [ -> ]Drag and drop from Windows file explorer. Guess it works the same on Linux, but not sure Wink

This is odd, but okay.
Is there a way to make it so that you can only select the model at the current nesting level instead of sub-sub-sub-models? E.g. I don't always want to select a brick in a house in a town, etc. Thanks.
(2017-12-24, 18:58)Roland Melkert Wrote: [ -> ]

3: is problematic because (region) selection only tests triangles for intersection. thanks for reminding me I need to address that in 2.0.

Still can't figure out #2. CTRL + RMB is panning my camera, not bandbox selecting.
(2018-01-07, 21:20)Michael Horvath Wrote: [ -> ]Is there a way to make it so that you can only select the model at the current nesting level instead of sub-sub-sub-models? E.g. I don't always want to select a brick in a house in a town, etc. Thanks.

Yes by using 'exclusion' as described in the "Nested editing" section of:
http://www.melkert.net/LDCad/docs/advEdit

You can also select them by using the source window but with as many lines as in datsville it will probably be hard to find them.
(2018-01-07, 21:27)Michael Horvath Wrote: [ -> ]Still can't figure out #2. CTRL + RMB is panning my camera, not bandbox selecting.
Are you using 1.6a?, as this feature is added recently.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6