lpub3d with povray not working

lpub3d with povray not working
lpub3d version LPub3D_x32-2.0.14.838.2_20161013.zip
pov ray version 3.7
ldraw    version LDraw  All-In-One-Installer 2015-02 
PC system :win7
i use lpub3d open ldr file ,lpub3d with povray only have the part list no instruction。
i follow this page http://forums.ldraw.org/thread-21309.html step by step to setting 。
Please help me to solve this problem。

Thanks!!!

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

RE: lpub3d with povray not working
(2016-10-19, 14:17)linghank Wrote: lpub3d version LPub3D_x32-2.0.14.838.2_20161013.zip
pov ray version 3.7
i use lpub3d open ldr file ,lpub3d with povray only have the part list no instruction。
i follow this page http://forums.ldraw.org/thread-21309.html step by step to setting 。

Thanks!!!

I didn't even get the part list to render using default settings.

Had to change the ldraw root dir

I also had to disable pov-ray's io-restrictions (povray won't write outside the main pov's file by default) too

After that it worked. (you might need to also delete the tmp 'lpub3d' folder in the main models location as it cached some wrong data).
(2016-10-20, 20:52)Roland Melkert Wrote:
(2016-10-19, 14:17)linghank Wrote: lpub3d version LPub3D_x32-2.0.14.838.2_20161013.zip
pov ray version 3.7

Thanks!!!

I didn't even get the part list to render using default settings.

Had to change the ldraw root dir

I also had to disable pov-ray's io-restrictions (povray won't write outside the main pov's file by default) too

After that it worked. (you might need to also delete the tmp 'lpub3d' folder in the main models location as it cached some wrong data).
I cancel LGEO folder After that, it can work.now,i want to know how to make high quality instruction。The default settings render the picture quality is not good。
Thanks

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

(2016-10-21, 9:22)linghank Wrote: I cancel LGEO folder After that, it can work.now,i want to know how to make high quality instruction。The default settings render the picture quality is not good。
Thanks

I have found it difficult to generate good-looking instructions using POV-Ray as the default rendering engine--primarily because the default lighting yields unsatisfactory results.  My solution was to write a quick-and-dirty Python front-end to L3P that strips out the "-ld" (default lighting) option and adds a "-il" (insert lighting file) pointing to my own POV-Ray lighting definitions. You can then create the lighting definitions that best illuminate your model. There is probably no need to use area lights or radiosity for rendering instructions, unless you have a very powerful computer and lots of spare time.

Code:
import sys
from subprocess import call

args = sys.argv[:]
# print (args)

if '\\' in args[0]:
   args[0] = args[0][:args[0].rfind('\\')+1] + 'L3P.EXE'
elif '/' in args[0]:
   args[0] = args[0][:args[0].rfind('/')+1] + 'L3P.EXE'
else:
   args[0] = 'L3P.EXE'

if '-ld' in args:
   args.remove('-ld')

args.insert(1, '-ilC:\\LEGO_Stuff\\POVlights.pov')

# print (args)

call(args)

Kevin
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »