Welcome, Guest
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username

Password

(Advanced Search)

Forum Statistics
» Members: 4,024
» Latest member: Jamie
» Forum threads: 5,498
» Forum posts: 47,332

Full Statistics

Online Users
There are currently 504 online users.
» 1 Member(s) | 497 Guest(s)
Baidu, Bing, Facebook, Google, Twitter, Yandex, Klemmbau

Latest Threads
Technic 1982
Forum: Official Models
Last Post: Takeshi Takahashi
8 hours ago
» Replies: 10
» Views: 2,217
Technic 2023
Last Post: Paweł Turalski
Yesterday, 19:35
» Replies: 11
» Views: 13,397
Technic 2024
Last Post: MING YING CAI
Yesterday, 7:40
» Replies: 9
» Views: 9,904
5066, Plate, Modif. 2x2 w...
Forum: Part Requests
Last Post: Orion Pobursky
Yesterday, 2:54
» Replies: 1
» Views: 176
Anyone has Batman Cowl 76...
Last Post: Marc Giraudet
2024-04-14, 21:10
» Replies: 1
» Views: 2,824
Top Google hit for ldraw ...
Forum: Website Suggestions/Requests/Discussion
Last Post: Travis Cobbs
2024-04-14, 5:53
» Replies: 0
» Views: 80
LDCad geometry
Forum: LDraw Editors and Viewers
Last Post: David Manley
2024-04-13, 21:55
» Replies: 3
» Views: 183
The Muppets CMF - 71033
Forum: Parts Authoring
Last Post: Magnus Forsberg
2024-04-13, 19:36
» Replies: 11
» Views: 1,564
City 2023
Last Post: Philippe Hurbain
2024-04-12, 18:34
» Replies: 2
» Views: 700
2024/2025 LDraw.org Steer...
Forum: LDraw.org Announcements
Last Post: Johann Eisner
2024-04-12, 14:59
» Replies: 37
» Views: 1,915

Unread flag management on Recent Messages page
Posted by: Chris Dee - 2011-12-13, 7:49 - Forum: Website Suggestions/Requests/Discussion - Replies (2)

Is there any way to have a "mark thread as read" link on the Recent Messages page on this forum?

There are some threads that I don't feel the need to read, but I do like to keep my Recent Messages page clean of un-read flags.

Print this item

The Malevolence
Posted by: Oh-Seong KWON - 2011-12-13, 4:43 - Forum: Official Models - No Replies

This might be an official model of LEGO according to below links:
http://www.fbtb.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=2572
http://www.eurobricks.com/forum/index.ph...opic=33807

I couldn't stop my finger to make this model when I found the instruction. T_T;;
It was made by SR3D Builder 0.6.0.9 and rendered by Mega-Pov 1.2.1.
It has '0 STEP' and you can see assembling steps through LDview.

Error in model : The below parts didn't have correct pattern on it.
- 41751.DAT (or x224.DAT)
- 3068.DAT
- 50955.DAT
- 50956.DAT
- 30382.DAT

Enjoy

KWON

[Image: a0111809_4ee6d6af9270f.jpg]

[Image: a0111809_4ee6d6af048af.jpg]

[Image: a0111809_4ee6d6b1e9115.jpg]

Attached Files
.l3b   The_Malevolence.L3B (Size: 40.01 KB / Downloads: 11)
Print this item

LDCad 1.0 (win+linux)
Posted by: Roland Melkert - 2011-12-12, 23:40 - Forum: LDraw Editors and Viewers - Replies (37)

I've uploaded the definitive 1.0 version to

http://www.melkert.net/LDCad

Mostly bug fixes over the beta 2 version.
The most important addition is the ability to move parts to another building step.

With this 'stable' version I'm going to work on some major features for the 1.1 version and as a result there will be less frequent updates unless there's a major issue reported.

Planned (some) features for 1.1 are:
- Multiple views including 2D Ortho mode (front/left/top/etc)
- Flexible parts (pneumatic hose, etc)

Any additional suggestions are still welcome though.

Print this item

How do you handle a large BOM in LPub?
Posted by: Ramón Figueroa-Centeno - 2011-12-12, 4:26 - Forum: LDraw File Processing and Conversion - Replies (2)

Aloha,

I want to create BOM (Bill of Materials) for a model that has many different parts (it would fit in several pages).

Does anyone know how to do that in LPub?

Mahalo,

Ramón

Print this item

[Bricksmith] Tip to customize color palette
Posted by: Jim DeVona - 2011-12-11, 15:10 - Forum: LDraw Editors and Viewers - No Replies

Lots of colors are defined in ldconfig.ldr, but in any particularly model I typically only use a small subset of the available colors. As I build the model in Bricksmith, this means a lot of scrolling or searching through the color palette to pick the same couple of colors. Even using the keyboard, this can get tedious. (Too bad there's no "favorite colors" mechanism...)

In fact, you can create custom palettes with just the colors you need by swapping out the ldconfig.ldr file in your LDraw folder for a copy containing only the relevant color definitions. (Keep the original!)

For example, here's the entire ldconfig.ldr I used to build this model:

Code:
0 // LDraw Solid Colours
0 !COLOUR Black                                                 CODE   0   VALUE #05131D   EDGE #595959
0 !COLOUR Light_Bluish_Gray                                     CODE  71   VALUE #A0A5A9   EDGE #333333
0 !COLOUR Dark_Bluish_Gray                                      CODE  72   VALUE #6C6E68   EDGE #333333
0 !COLOUR Red                                                   CODE   4   VALUE #C91A09   EDGE #333333
0 !COLOUR Tan                                                   CODE  19   VALUE #E4CD9E   EDGE #333333
0 !COLOUR Blue                                                  CODE   1   VALUE #0055BF   EDGE #333333
0 !COLOUR White                                                 CODE  15   VALUE #FFFFFF   EDGE #333333

0 // LDraw Transparent Colours
0 !COLOUR Trans_Yellow                                          CODE  46   VALUE #F5CD2F   EDGE #8E7400   ALPHA 128
0 !COLOUR Trans_Black                                           CODE  40   VALUE #635F52   EDGE #171316   ALPHA 128
0 !COLOUR Trans_Clear                                           CODE  47   VALUE #FCFCFC   EDGE #C3C3C3   ALPHA 128

0 // LDraw Internal Common Material Colours
0 !COLOUR Main_Colour                                           CODE  16   VALUE #7F7F7F   EDGE #333333
0 !COLOUR Edge_Colour                                           CODE  24   VALUE #7F7F7F   EDGE #333333

The Bricksmith color palette just shows you what's defined, so it looks like this:

[Image: color-palette.png]

Tidy and convenient! Don't forget to include the generic main and edge colors. I'm not sure what happens if you don't.

(I'm almost certain I've posted this tip somewhere before, but I can't find a link, so I figured I'd just share it again.)

Print this item

L3P and LGEO in Linux Issue
Posted by: Jude Parrill - 2011-12-11, 12:15 - Forum: LDraw File Processing and Conversion - Replies (7)

OK, so I was attempting to use the Linux version of L3P to convert an MPD into a POV-ready file for rendering, when I noticed an inordinate amount of files were not being found. Worse yet, a lot of the files that supposedly weren't being found seemed parts that should be there. Here's a small sampling of the parts not being found:

Not in LGEO: 3034.dat Plate 2 x 8
Not in LGEO: 3023.dat Plate 1 x 2
Not in LGEO: 3020.dat Plate 2 x 4
Not in LGEO: 3022.dat Plate 2 x 2
Not in LGEO: 3710.dat Plate 1 x 4
Not in LGEO: 3031.dat Plate 4 x 4

So I looked into it, and found out those files DO EXIST in my lgeo library, so now I was really perplexed. Now, it would be one thing of no files were being found, but according to the end summary, 14 files were found, so clearly it isn't completely screwed up.

Furthermore, my "lgeo" file is in my LDraw folder, and I get the same files missing message whether I set the LGEODIR environmental variable or not (I use a script which sets it). In fact, the only way I could get a complete failure was to purposely set the LGEODIR to a wrong directory, which led to an expected "cannot find lg_elements.lst" error.

My question, then, is what am I doing wrong? Clearly L3P at least knows the lg_elements.lst and lg_colors.lst are, or it would be throwing errors about that at me. It's also finding some, but not all, parts. I'm really baffled right now, and any help would be welcome.

Print this item

ldconfig.ldr - need magnet material
Posted by: Steffen - 2011-12-11, 12:01 - Forum: Parts Authoring - Replies (20)

Analogous to metal and rubber,
we IMHO need a special material in ldconfig.ldr for the train magnet's material, e.g.:

http://www.ldraw.org/cgi-bin/ptdetail.cg...499c01.dat

I'll send Scott a note... :-)

Print this item

Starfighter with assembly steps
Posted by: Jim DeVona - 2011-12-11, 6:10 - Forum: MOCs (My Own Creations) - Replies (4)

Here's an LDraw file for a chunky starfighter I made. It includes assembly steps. I like the aft half of the ship best.

[Image: 5.png]

I'm sure I'm not the only one who uses LDView's fly-through mode to check out the view from the cockpit, right? It's important to make sure your minifig pilots have good visibility for their dogfights.

[Image: 5-fps.png]

(Warning: uses some unofficial parts.)

Attached Files
.ldr   5.ldr (Size: 14.41 KB / Downloads: 5)
Print this item

[Bricksmith] Tip to add more view columns
Posted by: Jim DeVona - 2011-12-11, 2:18 - Forum: LDraw Editors and Viewers - Replies (7)

You can add more columns of views to the Bricksmith window by option-clicking the splitter button the normally adds new views to the same column. Button highlighted below.

[Image: bricksmith-multi-view-columns.png]

Just thought I'd share since I'm not sure if this is documented anywhere obvious.

Print this item

RSS feed - posts relationship
Posted by: Steffen - 2011-12-10, 21:55 - Forum: Website Suggestions/Requests/Discussion - Replies (1)

Hi,

I just want to point out some small screw which I think is missing in the setup of the forum's RSS feed:

I personally find the subject line of posts very useful:
ideally, they sum up a post, so a reader can follow a thread roughly without having to read
each and every post. Here is an example (just the subject lines given):

Code:
Cool idea about adding feature XYZ.
               That feature is already present as ABC.
                        No, it is not - technical explanation
               Do we need XYZ at all
                        Yes
                        Yes
                        Yes
                        Yes
                        No
                        No
               How can we technically add feature XYZ?
                        Suggestion 1          
                        Suggestion 2
                        Suggestion 3

Here's how the same looks if not using the subject line as sum-up:

Code:
Cool idea about adding feature XYZ.
               Re: Cool idea about adding feature XYZ.
                        Re: Re: Cool idea about adding feature XYZ.

I find the second instance pretty useless. To see what actually happened in the thread,
I have to read all posts.

This is the reason why I usually write the subject line last when composing a post here,
to let it sum up the contents of the post.

Now here's the missing screw: the RSS feed of the forums does not seem to insert the necessary XML elements
which relate one post to its parent.
Instead, the relationship will only be correctly shown if people keep the subject line and just add a "Re:" in front.
This is a little sad IMHO. Philo told me about this, I don't know which RSS reader he's using, but I think
a little massage of the output RSS XML stream should be able to cure this.

Is anybody willing or able to shed some more light into this?

It would be nice if RSS readers would show related posts correctly,
even if their subject line is different than the one of the original post it replies to.

Print this item