Welcome, Guest
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username

Password

(Advanced Search)

Forum Statistics
» Members: 4,121
» Latest member: gunsapiens
» Forum threads: 5,550
» Forum posts: 47,691

Full Statistics

Online Users
There are currently 383 online users.
» 1 Member(s) | 378 Guest(s)
Applebot, Bing, Facebook, Yandex

Latest Threads
LDCad 1.7 Beta 1 (win+lin...
Forum: LDraw Editors and Viewers
Last Post: Roland Melkert
7 hours ago
» Replies: 65
» Views: 13,109
Rabbit from WTP
Forum: Part Requests
Last Post: Ben Alder
9 hours ago
» Replies: 5
» Views: 408
Timeline update
Forum: Parts Tracker Discussion
Last Post: Orion Pobursky
11 hours ago
» Replies: 0
» Views: 20
[LDPE] 1.8.77 Released (a...
Forum: Parts Author Tools
Last Post: Magnus Forsberg
Yesterday, 14:11
» Replies: 4
» Views: 1,148
LEGO Dimensions
Forum: Official Models
Last Post: Evert-Jan Boer
Yesterday, 13:04
» Replies: 66
» Views: 21,374
parts for roboriders
Forum: Part Requests
Last Post: Gerald Lasser
2024-05-24, 23:30
» Replies: 11
» Views: 616
Model Team
Forum: Official Models
Last Post: Marc Giraudet
2024-05-24, 22:19
» Replies: 41
» Views: 28,281
New meta in LDConfig for ...
Forum: Standards Board
Last Post: Travis Cobbs
2024-05-24, 20:10
» Replies: 15
» Views: 908
Numbering of complete min...
Forum: Help
Last Post: Manfred Schaefer
2024-05-24, 17:24
» Replies: 0
» Views: 49
Request for Comments: New...
Forum: Official File Specifications/Standards
Last Post: Orion Pobursky
2024-05-24, 13:36
» Replies: 7
» Views: 591

HELP Please: Using the L-draw to Object Converter
Posted by: Andreas Sizynski - 2012-05-13, 2:28 - Forum: LDraw File Processing and Conversion - Replies (1)

I downloaded and installed the L-draw to Obj converter tool, opened it, and selected the l-draw file (exported by Lego Digital Designer).

I selected the l-draw file, set the path I wanted to export it as an object to and clicked convert.

However, an LdrDat2Dxf error came up saying:

Quote:Im sorry but I looked for 3005.dat At library pats directories, then at directories of both Import file and export directories. ()

Please help; what I am doing wrong? Thanks!

Print this item

DATHeader 3.0.9.1
Posted by: Michael Heidemann - 2012-05-12, 10:14 - Forum: Parts Author Tools - Replies (27)

I just release version 3.0.9.1 of DATHeader.
This is only a bugfix version that should have been uploaded much, much earlier.

Please leave all comments for this version as response to this topic.

Have fun.
Download from DATHeader Webside
cu
mikeheide

Print this item

Part Request Forum Created
Posted by: Orion Pobursky - 2012-05-12, 2:21 - Forum: LDraw.org Announcements - Replies (3)

The tread list in the old parts request topic was getting way too big. I've created a now Part Request forum while Chris Dee works on a parts requestor system. I moved the old part request thread there and split it based on the top level threads in the tree.

Print this item

Lsynthed elements not working in Lpub
Posted by: Jono - 2012-05-12, 0:17 - Forum: LDraw File Processing and Conversion - Replies (5)

G'day, I'm new to doing instructions, Ive made the truck and it shows correctly in Mlcad with all the parts synthised. However when i open up LPub it does not show the nxt cables, the rubber band and the segments for the 8.5 flexible hose (in the parts box) can any one help with what to do to get these to show in LPub. They show with povray also when you use ldlite as the preferred renderer it still does not work. I've attached what has been done so far so please dont download for your own use. It will be free access to everyone once its finished through here and moc pages.Cheers jono

Attached Files
.ldr   5580 RC.ldr (Size: 151.08 KB / Downloads: 0)
Print this item

Announcing mklist2
Posted by: Tim Gould - 2012-05-10, 11:43 - Forum: All Other Programs. - Replies (27)

Hi all,

Following recent discussion on changes to the parts library (specifically new leading characters for aliases and longer filenames) I've written a new version of mklist to ensure that backwards compatibility can be maintained, while also giving a little more power to the users.

Features not appearing in mklist are:

• Ensure <=64 character titles using a shortening technique
  • Ignore parts with user supplied leading characters (eg. =, _)
  • Strip off leading characters (eg. ~)
  • Remove parts with duplicate names (experimental feature)

The code is also open source so it can easily be modified in future.

Find it here with a pre-compiled Windows executable. The code itself is exceedingly basic C++ so should compile on any OS using a gnu (or compatible) compiler with minimal changes.

Tim

Print this item

Bricksmith ... "missing parts" message
Posted by: Tim Howell - 2012-05-09, 2:11 - Forum: LDraw Editors and Viewers - Replies (11)

I have just installed the Ldraw parts library (most recent version) and Bricksmith on my new Mac. I can open Bricksmith, and it finds the parts library. But when I open a file, it comes up with a list of "parts not found." This happens both with the sample model files that came with Bricksmith, and with .ldr files that I previously (last week) used with MLCad on my old PC. When this list is short, I can click "OK" at the bottom and the file still opens, with empty spaces for the missing pieces. When the list is long, it extends below the extent of the screen and I cannot click "OK," meaning Bricksmith is locked up and I have to go through Utilities to force it to quit.

I don't understand why Bricksmith finds the parts library, but not some of the parts. All of the parts were available when I used Ldraw with MLCad. Secondly, if I get that long list, is there a way to continue on to Bricksmith without having to force it to quit?

Print this item

LPub: Torsos and Legs
Posted by: Daniel Goerner - 2012-05-07, 12:46 - Forum: LDraw File Processing and Conversion - Replies (5)

Is there a way to "group" Torsos (Torso + 2 Arms + 2 Hands) and Legs (Hips and 2 Legs), so LPub counts them as 1 Part (and shows them as that in the part window) instead of 5 or 2 separate parts? I tried the "group" function in MLCad without knowing what it really does but that didn't work in LPub. I don't like using shortcuts, because I want to be able to modify the parts without editing the dat. And I would have to add the modified dat to my model so others can see it.

Print this item

STATUS Electric Plugs on PT
Posted by: Steffen - 2012-05-07, 12:40 - Forum: Parts Authoring - No Replies

I'd like to use this post as a "status" info page for everybody working on the PT
regarding the review summary page of the Electric Plugs:
http://www.ldraw.org/cgi-bin/ptreviewsum...ctricplugs

Many issues of these already have been solved, like:
- there had been PARTS\S files which wrongly were subparts, but in fact were an assembly of screw plus pin
- putting the metal pins into separate files
etc.

Some problems are still unsolved. One very critical which currently prevents a release of these plugs is:
(A)
The geometry of plug 766a.dat is self-contradictionary.
Its center plug diameter is modeled differently than its corresponding hole.
Fixing this has a huge impact on existing official parts, as all plug sockets which can receive this plug
need updating in case the diameter is corrected at the plug.

Other current problems:
(B)
Compared with the other 2x2 lightbricks, the lightbrick 266ac01.dat has modeled its plug sockets
at a different Y position. Either this part is wrong, or all other 2x2 lightbricks.

©
Either plug 766a.dat is too thick, or the 2x2 lightbrick has the plug socket positioned wrongly. This can be seen
at this assembly of real set 7866, where the plug collides:
1 16 0 0 0 1 0 0 0 1 0 0 0 1 4169.dat
1 0 0 -122 -1 0 0 -1 1 0 0 0 -1 0 512p01.dat
1 0 0 -122 23 1 0 0 0 0 1 0 -1 0 266bc02.dat
1 16 0 -102 10.5 1 0 0 0 0 1 0 -1 0 766ac02.dat

(D)
I currently have problems getting the thin plug (Type 1) into the existing plastic plug portion 567c04.dat :-(

Any help here, be it calipers, thoughts or advice is well appreciated.
I think the plugs may not leave without these corrections Undecided

I will update this page as a solution progresses.

Please find attached a test assembly of all the electric plugs which allows easy comparison.

Attached Files
.ldr   Electric.ldr (Size: 1.24 KB / Downloads: 0)
Print this item

New beta version of mklist
Posted by: Tim Gould - 2012-05-05, 2:57 - Forum: All Other Programs. - Replies (1)

Hi all,

In light of the recent discussion on 64 character limits I decided to see if I could write my own version that could shorten descriptions to unique 64 byte versions as an option. It turns out I could.

So then I added an extra feature, the ability to hide files from parts.lst based on their first character. So if you don't want colour shortcuts you can ignore them by using the description (once that's sorted).

Anyway, I've attached the source so if anyone wants to fiddle with it, and ideally try to break it. Download, rename to mklist.C and compile with no special options "$(CPP) mklist.C -o mklist.exe".

I've also compiled a version using mingw on Windows 7 but I don't know how portable it will be.

Tim

Attached Files
.txt   mklist.txt (Size: 7.69 KB / Downloads: 0)
Print this item

Thumbs Up 30475.dat
Posted by: Daniel Goerner - 2012-05-04, 10:19 - Forum: Part Requests - Replies (4)

http://www.ldraw.org/cgi-bin/ptdetail.cg.../30475.dat

Maybe someone who knows what he does can work on this part?

Print this item