Welcome, Guest
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username

Password

(Advanced Search)

Forum Statistics
» Members: 2,314
» Latest member: mathieu
» Forum threads: 2,939
» Forum posts: 25,248

Full Statistics

Online Users
There are currently 39 online users.
» 5 Member(s) | 34 Guest(s)
Don Heyse, Erwin Schepers, Johann Eisner, Michael Heidemann, Philippe Hurbain

Latest Threads
MLCad.ini 2018-01 update ...
Forum: LDraw.org Announcements
Last Post: Orion Pobursky
1 hour ago
» Replies: 8
» Views: 256
Missing Ldraw Colors
Forum: General LDraw.org Discussion
Last Post: Max Martin Richter
6 hours ago
» Replies: 162
» Views: 47,249
Using LDCad
Forum: LDraw Editors and Viewers
Last Post: Michael Heidemann
8 hours ago
» Replies: 38
» Views: 1,687
LDView 4.3 Released
Forum: LDraw Editors and Viewers
Last Post: Michael Horvath
Today, 0:41
» Replies: 19
» Views: 615
LDBoxer
Forum: LDraw File Processing and Conversion
Last Post: Michael Horvath
Yesterday, 17:34
» Replies: 26
» Views: 2,812
DATHeader 3.0.19.0
Forum: Parts Author Tools
Yesterday, 11:05
» Replies: 31
» Views: 5,065
MPDCenter
Forum: All Other Programs.
Yesterday, 10:55
» Replies: 80
» Views: 16,903
2018/2019 LDraw.org Steer...
Forum: LDraw.org Announcements
Last Post: Roland Melkert
2018-02-23, 19:14
» Replies: 21
» Views: 1,190
Parts we are working on
Forum: Part Requests
Last Post: Philippe Hurbain
2018-02-23, 13:28
» Replies: 59
» Views: 20,356
Part 60926 + 44791
Forum: Part Requests
Last Post: Thorsten
2018-02-23, 11:00
» Replies: 7
» Views: 920

License Requirements for LDraw parts and specs?
Posted by: Justin Ritter - 2011-10-07, 20:18 - Forum: General LDraw.org Discussion - Replies (6)

Hi all,

I've poked around in the various sections of ldraw.org and haven't found a clear answer, although I might just be not understanding things.

Let's say hypothetically someone wanted to create an app for creating LDraw-based models using both the LDraw Parts Library as well as the LDraw File Format. What, if any, license or legal requirements are there? As long as the parts library, LDraw name, and file formats are attributed to the appropriate folks are there any other restrictions? Can the app be distributed for commercial gain? Can the parts library be included in this distribution for commercial gain? Can the app be distributed by a third party, such as Apple or Amazon via their app stores?

Basically I'm looking for any limitations as to what the LDraw specification and its Parts Library can be used for. Hypothetically of course...

Thanks much!

Justin

Print this item

Minikit of the Black Pearl
Posted by: Rolf Osterthun - 2011-10-07, 12:56 - Forum: MOCs (My Own Creations) - Replies (9)

Hey,

in the computer game LEGO Pirates of the Caribbean there are small ships (minikits). I tried to rebuild the minikit of the Black Pearl. I attached the result.

Rolf

Attached Files
.ldr   minikit_blackpearl.ldr (Size: 3.64 KB / Downloads: 3)
Print this item

BlueBrick
Posted by: Alban Nanty - 2011-10-06, 4:45 - Forum: LDraw Editors and Viewers - Replies (1)

Hello everybody.

A quick message to tell you that I've released the version 1.7 of BlueBrick.
You can download it at the usual place:
http://bluebrick.lswproject.com/

One major improvement is the edition of the Flex Track and, when exported in LDRaw format (Thanks to Philo for the Flex Track LDraw parts), to my knowledge, this is the easiest way nowadays to create a LDraw train circuit with flex track in it.

In details, it contains 12 bug fix (including 3 crash bugs) and all these new features:
- NEW FEATURE (Alban): support Flex PF track.
- NEW FEATURE (Alban): The application may support dynamically language addition/removal (dll and chm file inside the folder).
- NEW FEATURE (Denis): Feature to search and replace a set of brick type by another one.
- NEW FEATURE (Alban): The connection points are now configurable and extendable in an XML file.
- NEW FEATURE (Alban): Display the general info on top of the map (this can be disabled in the option settings).
- NEW FEATURE (Alban): Display the mouse coordinates in stud in the status bar
- NEW FEATURE (Larry): Display the XML exception when BB cannot load XML files.
- NEW FEATURE (Alban): Add the polarity check for detecting electric shortcut.
- NEW FEATURE (cimddwc): Add the transparency for all the layers (and not only the Area layer)
- NEW FEATURE (Larry): Save the export image settings in the BBM file.
- NEW FEATURE (Alban): You can group/ungroup hierarchically parts and texts.
- NEW FEATURE (Larry): You can create XML files that are actually groups of parts and see them in the Library
- NEW FEATURE (Alban): New secondary zooming/panning method much easier for laptop, that replace CTRL+SHIFT+LMB and ALT+SHIFT+LMB. Now it is SHIFT+LMB and SHIFT+RMB. Mouse Wheel still supported.

Enjoy!

Any problem, any bug, please report it.
Thanks in advance.

Print this item

redesign of official part
Posted by: Christian Neumann - 2011-10-05, 22:53 - Forum: Parts Authoring - Replies (2)

hi,
i accidentally built a little part that already exists in the official library. The number has been changed from 52 to 30385, but when i recognized that it was too late... :S

However, the existing part has slightly incorrect proportions, some gaps, a lot of t-junctions and no bfc. Is there a way to update the existing part, although i recreated it from scratch? If so, what do i have to put into the header (orig. author, history, etc.)?

greets,
Christian

Print this item

[LSynth] Suggestions
Posted by: Stan Isachenko - 2011-10-05, 15:19 - Forum: LDraw Editors and Viewers - Replies (6)

I think we need Lsynth option, or other tool to create cloth elements, such as sails or other. I really don't understand how to realise it( But I think it is possible.

Print this item

10220 - Volkswagen T1 Camper Van
Posted by: Stan Isachenko - 2011-10-03, 15:35 - Forum: Official Models - Replies (4)

My try to create this model.
Later I will add stickers, and maybe try to create curtains. Thanks to Max Richter for creating rubber belt.

Attached Files
.mpd   10220.mpd (Size: 123.63 KB / Downloads: 2)
Print this item

Lsynth(need help)
Posted by: Stan Isachenko - 2011-10-01, 19:56 - Forum: LDraw Editors and Viewers - Replies (16)

I am building 10220 set. Please help me to create belt in engine. I send file with 2 parts where I need belt. I try to do with LSynth, but it took only 1 part and create belt around it.

Attached Files
.dat   10220.dat (Size: 89 bytes / Downloads: 0)
Print this item

[Bricksmith] Feature requests
Posted by: Orion Pobursky - 2011-09-29, 14:29 - Forum: LDraw Editors and Viewers - Replies (2)

I have a couple of feature requests for Bricksmith:
- Display of mouse pointer coordinates. MLCad has this feature. I use it a lot to align parts to a specific rotation point.
- A keyboard only way to change color. When I add a part I press Cmd-I, Tab to the part list, arrow to the part, and hit enter. The dialog closes and spits me back out to the model display with the new part selected. For color selection I press Cmd-Opt-C, Tab to the color list, arrow to the color, hit enter, and nothing happen except that the color of the part changed. The dialog stays focused. That would be fine if I could simply re-press Cmd-Opt-C to close the dialog but that doesn't work either.

Print this item

[Bricksmith] MPD file handling crash
Posted by: Orion Pobursky - 2011-09-29, 8:38 - Forum: LDraw Editors and Viewers - Replies (6)

I've just accidentally discovered that a circular reference in an MPD file with cause Bricksmith to crash. I know it's invalid syntax and I'm not sure how hard it is to detect but it certainly crashes the programs.

Also, how do I add a reference to a part that not in the parts list and not in the MPD itself? I thought I've done this before but for some reason I figure out how to do it.

Print this item

LDraw Pattern Creator - updated French manual
Posted by: Reuben Pearse - 2011-09-27, 21:15 - Forum: Parts Authoring - No Replies

J.C. Tchang has recently updated his French manual for the LDraw Pattern Creator program
It now includes a tutorial that walks you through the steps for creating a pattern for a part.

You can find the updated manual here:
http://jc-tchang.philohome.com/manuel/LPC.htm
http://jc-tchang.philohome.com/manuel/LPC.htm#tuto

You can download the LDraw Pattern Creator program here:
http://www.pearse.co.uk/lego/links/ldrawpatterncreator

Bye for now

Reuben

=====================================
Download 3D Lego models and other resources from:
http://www.pearse.co.uk/lego
=====================================

Print this item