Welcome, Guest
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username

Password

(Advanced Search)

Forum Statistics
» Members: 4,053
» Latest member: Sanchez Francesca
» Forum threads: 5,509
» Forum posts: 47,382

Full Statistics

Online Users
There are currently 505 online users.
» 1 Member(s) | 501 Guest(s)
Applebot, Bing, Google, qpxmbtrz

Latest Threads
LDraw vitual meeting (Liv...
Forum: General LDraw.org Discussion
Last Post: Orion Pobursky
Yesterday, 22:10
» Replies: 0
» Views: 46
2024/2025 LDraw.org Steer...
Forum: LDraw.org Announcements
Last Post: Max Martin Richter
Yesterday, 18:40
» Views: 115
Request for 102735
Forum: Part Requests
Last Post: Stephan den Ridder
Yesterday, 4:56
» Replies: 3
» Views: 160
Wedgy-Slopes from '24 Spe...
Last Post: Ryan Hicks
Yesterday, 0:12
» Replies: 4
» Views: 89
WeDo 2.0 electronics
Last Post: Philippe Hurbain
2024-04-22, 18:39
» Replies: 22
» Views: 35,518
Part request: 50986pb003 ...
Last Post: Gerald Lasser
2024-04-21, 16:16
» Replies: 4
» Views: 480
Technic 1982
Forum: Official Models
Last Post: Takeshi Takahashi
2024-04-21, 14:37
» Replies: 13
» Views: 3,251
LPub3D and highlight step
Forum: General LDraw.org Discussion
Last Post: Leszek
2024-04-21, 10:01
» Views: 94
Creator 2023
Last Post: Marc Giraudet
2024-04-20, 21:42
» Replies: 5
» Views: 600
Lego House - Lego Exclusi...
Last Post: Marc Giraudet
2024-04-20, 17:21
» Replies: 2
» Views: 332

[BLPriceGuide] - Bugs and Improvements
Posted by: Jarema - 2018-02-10, 17:16 - Forum: All Other Programs. - No Replies

A utility to help you know price of selected LEGO element with chosen currency and color, using BrickLink catalog price guide.  New or Used ? This tool gave you quick facts about your LEGO investment.
On First image you see what you get when browsing BL via your favorite browser.
On Second image you see what you get as result when accessing BL via this command-line tool.

Actually it is pre-alpha version available on GitHub repository CLICK .

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

.jpg   blpriceguide.jpg (Size: 87.23 KB / Downloads: 23)
Print this item

Creator Expert
Posted by: Philippe Hurbain - 2018-02-10, 17:14 - Forum: Official Models - Replies (68)

Creator Expert models

Print this item

Submodels, mpd, and Lpub3D
Posted by: Brian Dag - 2018-02-09, 7:20 - Forum: LDraw File Processing and Conversion - Replies (11)

Howdy y'all. I've been using MLCAD forever but just started using Lpub3D a few months ago. I've overcome a lot of learning curve but now I've run into a problem. I created a neat little model that I'm giving away as a prize. Since there's some SNOT and inverted building involved, I decided to break the model into 14 submodels for clarity's sake.

Great, figured out the mpd function in MLCAD.

Then I bring it into Lpub3D. I don't necessarily want every submodel to look like a callout so I group steps together for each submodel and remove the callout formatting so it looks like you're building a bunch of table scraps.

Here's where my problem comes in.

I want to build submodel 1, 2, and 3 and then show how they go together. Then I want to build submodel 4 and attach it to the growing assembly, then submodel 5 and 6 and attach them to the main model. Build submodels 7-10 and show them being attached. Submodels 11 and 12 get built directly onto the main model. There are 4 copies of submodel 13, then attach them, finally submodel 14 goes in place and then gets rotated a bit.

I know there's a buffer exchange solution in here somewhere. I'm just not sure how to show a few submodels getting built, then show the main model with those submodels attached, then go to build a few more submodels, then attach them, etc.

One solution I thought of is to create a few ldr files that show the main build in progress and insert them into the main mpd. But then I'm not sure how to show those correctly throughout the instructions.

I could share my mpd file but I'm trying to keep it a highly guarded secret for now.

Thanks, Dag

Print this item

[LDPartEditor] 0.8.43 Beta Released (Improved Lines2Pattern / Bug-Fix)
Posted by: Nils Schmidt - 2018-02-08, 18:59 - Forum: Parts Author Tools - Replies (8)

Hey,

it took me a while to fix the !TEXMAP SPHERICAL rendering in LDPE... here it is Smile

[Image: imgDuke2.png]
As always, you can download LDPE from this page:
http://nilsschmidt1337.github.io/ldparteditor/

Changelog:
(3 new features and 4 bug fixes)

With this release you will be able to...

• ...check an option during setup which associates *.dat files to LDPartEditor.
  • ...benefit from an enhanced surface creation by Lines2Pattern.
  • ...see the poles correctly on !TEXMAP SPHERICAL.

The following critical issues were fixed:
  1. Ytruder still generated triangles sometimes when it should generate quads.
  2. Switching the manipulator via keyboard (translate, rotate, scale) "cleared" the current transformation.
  3. Selecting a color for the font in Txt2dat did not work. Letters were always rendered in black.
  4. Fixed a rare NullPointerException which occured while closing the application.

What will the next release 0.8.44 deliver? Usability improvements, major changes to the "BFC / TEXMAP" render mode.

The program was tested intensively with "real world" files.
However, it is still a beta version and something can go wrong in about 140.000 lines of code.

Make sure that you choose the right architecture for your OS and Java Virtual Machine (JVM) (64bit or 32bit).
A short guide how to check if a 64bit JVM is installed on your system is located at the bottom of this message.

1. Download the zip-Archive
  2. Extract the archive content to the location of your choice
  3. On windows, double-click "LDPartEditor.exe" to start LDPE.
  4. On linux/mac, you have to excecute the shell script "run.sh" to start LDPE.
Alternatively, you can download a setup file to install LDPE on Windows.
When you install/extract LDPE on Windows you will find your LDPE configuration files under
{drive}\Users\{user}\AppData\Roaming\LDPartEditor
It is not recommended to use the "update.bat" script when you installed LDPE via the setup file.
Manually install the new version instead.

Please note that this software is in the beta stage. Although, this version was tested, there are already known issues  for this release. There is a potential risk of data loss.

You can search for updates if you do the following steps:

1. On windows, double-click "update.bat" to search for updates.
  2. On linux/mac, you have to excecute the shell script "update.sh".

It is not recommended to use the "update.bat" script when you installed LDPE via the setup file.
Manually install the new version instead.

I listen carefully to your requests and possible complaints. Please leave me a message, with your thoughts and wishes to further improve the software.

LDPE is a 3D CAD application: The overall system requirements are higher. While I recommend to use a powerful 64-bit multicore system, it could be possible, to run LDPE on older machines as well.

System Requirements:

Minimum System Requirements:
  • 64-bit Java Runtime Environment (JRE) 1.8
  • OpenGL 2.1 compatible Graphics Card
  • Operating System (64-bit): Windows [7 or newer], Linux [e.g. Ubuntu Linux >=14.4], Mac OS X [>=10.6]
  • CPU: Multicore-Processor e.g. Intel Core 2 Duo or AMD Athlon II (>2.0Ghz)
  • RAM: 4GB
  • Video-Memory: 1 GB
  • Free Disk Space: 100 MB
Recommended Requirements:
  • Operating System (64bit): Windows 7,8,10, Linux [e.g. Ubuntu Linux >=14.4], Mac OS X [>=10.6]
  • OpenGL 3.3 compatible Graphics Card
  • CPU: Multicore-Processor with 4 cores (or more)
  • RAM: >4 GB
  • Video-Memory: >1 GB
  • Free Disk Space: 512 MB
  • For a faster start, LDPartEditor and the LDraw™ library should be installed on an SSD.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
How to check your JVM version (32- or 64-bit):
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You can try on the command line:

Code:
java -d64 version

If it's not a 64-bit version, you'll get a message that looks like:
This Java instance does not support a 64-bit JVM. Please install the desired version.

Print this item

Latest list of colors?
Posted by: Michael Horvath - 2018-02-08, 1:26 - Forum: LDraw Editors and Viewers - Replies (11)

Where can I find the latest, most complete list of LDraw colors? I've noticed that the different editors do not share one common list.

Here are some (incomplete) lists I've found:

http://wiki.ldraw.org/index.php?title=Us...ison_Chart
http://www.ldraw.org/article/547.html
LDConfig.ldr
lg_colors.lst

Thanks.

Print this item

4079b
Posted by: Aimee - 2018-02-07, 13:21 - Forum: Part Requests - Replies (4)

There is 4079, but could someone quickly modify in the dimple to make a 4079b? Thanks

[Image: 300x300.jpg]

Print this item

Posted by: Santeri Piippo - 2018-02-07, 11:02 - Forum: Parts Tracker Discussion - Replies (1)

Hi,

I have finished my remake of 53983 and would like to submit it. My submission would replace Mike's original version on the PT and add blended pattern versions. I built my part independent of Mike's version but I've added history line to honor his original submission. Am I ok to submit?

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Print this item

Location of complete.zip and lpub3dldrawunf.zip
Posted by: Jaco van der Molen - 2018-02-07, 9:50 - Forum: LDraw Editors and Viewers - No Replies

Hi all,

I am stuggeling a bit with the correct location for the complete.zip and lpub3dldrawunf.zip files.

I downloaded it again including the latest update, but am unsure where to put it since there are 3 locations on one PC where different versions of complete.zip are.

I know LPub3D looks at the lpub3dldrawunf.zip file, but the official complete library?

On my Windows 10 PC there are 3 locations that have complete.zip in it: 

C:\Users\Public\Documents\LDraw

And
C:\Program Files (x86)\LDraw\LPub3D\data
C:\Users\[user]\AppData\Local\LPub3D Software\LPub3D\libraries

Which both have lpub3dldrawunf.zip in it too.

What would be correct? Where to put the latest complete.zip?

I ask this too because I have placed a custom unofficial part in both unoffical zips to render this part in the PLI and BOM in LPub3D but it does not show up.
Does LPub3D look for official files in the zipped library too?

The thing is I have another PC (Windows 7) which has complete.zip in

C:\Users\Public\Documents\LDraw\data

and lpub3dldrawunf.zip in C:\Users\[user]\AppData\Local\LPub3D Software\LPub3D\libraries that works perfectly.

I am confused.

Print this item

broken ring primitives subsitution in LDView 4.3 ?
Posted by: Steffen - 2018-02-06, 23:35 - Forum: LDraw Editors and Viewers - Replies (2)

I just noticed that LDview 4.3 fails on properly substituting the ring primitives
at the pockets of this sticker:

http://www.ldraw.org/cgi-bin/ptdetail.cg...03497h.dat

Does this maybe have something to do with naming the ring primitives "ring" instead of "rin"?

Print this item

MLCad.ini 2018-01 update now available
Posted by: Willy Tschager - 2018-02-06, 0:46 - Forum: LDraw.org Announcements - Replies (10)

Hi folks,

I just updated the MLCad.ini file accordingly to the latest LDraw.org parts update 2018-01. The .ini file defines (among other things) the parts available in MLCad's, LEOCad's and Bricksmith's minifigure generator.

Download the file from my website: http://www.holly-wood.it/mlcad/mlcad_ini-en.html

Bye, w.

Print this item