Welcome, Guest
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username

Password

(Advanced Search)

Forum Statistics
» Members: 4,107
» Latest member: Manu
» Forum threads: 5,543
» Forum posts: 47,628

Full Statistics

Online Users
There are currently 349 online users.
» 1 Member(s) | 344 Guest(s)
Bing, Facebook, Google, Yandex, Orion Pobursky

Latest Threads
Shadow file contributions
Forum: LDraw Editors and Viewers
Last Post: Roland Melkert
Yesterday, 19:55
» Replies: 12
» Views: 344
LEGO Dimensions
Forum: Official Models
Last Post: Evert-Jan Boer
Yesterday, 19:16
» Replies: 57
» Views: 19,784
Model Team
Last Post: Marc Giraudet
Yesterday, 17:26
» Replies: 37
» Views: 27,443
Tiles 1 X 8 from latest A...
Forum: Part Requests
Last Post: N. W. Perry
Yesterday, 2:39
» Replies: 65
» Views: 27,867
New meta in LDConfig for ...
Forum: Standards Board
Last Post: Roland Melkert
2024-05-17, 21:49
» Replies: 13
» Views: 635
Rabbit from WTP
Last Post: Ben Alder
2024-05-17, 17:39
» Replies: 3
» Views: 265
Axle Length vs Axle Stopp...
Forum: Parts Authoring
Last Post: Max Martin Richter
2024-05-16, 20:34
» Replies: 22
» Views: 3,561
new Aircraft parts: 5118,...
Last Post: Rene Rechthaler
2024-05-16, 16:45
» Replies: 9
» Views: 1,384
LDraw meeting in Billund ...
Forum: General LDraw.org Discussion
Last Post: Marc Giraudet
2024-05-15, 21:08
» Replies: 7
» Views: 762
Town and Trains 1993
Last Post: legolex76
2024-05-15, 19:45
» Replies: 28
» Views: 13,155

Programmer Volunteer
Posted by: Will Gauthier - 2018-06-26, 2:24 - Forum: General LDraw.org Discussion - Replies (3)

Hi, I'm Will and I'm an aspiring video game programmer. I was investigating the possibility of converting LEGO Digital Designer .lfxml files to a more standard format like .fbx or .obj when I came across LDraw and these forums. I've loved LEGO since I was little and this seems like a worthwhile organization, so I'd like to volunteer my talents. What programming tasks can I take on to be of assistance?

Print this item

28220 Armor Plate
Posted by: Nathan S - 2018-06-23, 20:20 - Forum: Part Requests - Replies (4)

Does someone feel like tackling 28220?  It is a great shape for builds.

And if you wanted to do the alternate of 28220pb02 I wouldn't argue.

Thank you
-Nathan

Print this item

37352 - Brick Modified 1 x 2 x 1 No Studs, Curved Top
Posted by: Vincent Messenet - 2018-06-23, 8:07 - Forum: Part Requests - Replies (2)

I'd like to use the part 37352 - Brick Modified 1 x 2 x 1 No Studs, Curved Top introduced in the 10261 Roller Coaster set.

Did anyone start working on it?

Some pics from New Elementary:
[Image: 07slopesA-New-LEGO-parts-review-10261-Ro...aster-.jpg]

[Image: 09slopesB-New-LEGO-parts-review-10261-Ro...aster-.jpg]

Print this item

Brickheadz glasses
Posted by: Vincent Messenet - 2018-06-23, 8:01 - Forum: Part Requests - Replies (5)

Would somebody like to try working on these 2 new parts?
35366 Square glasses (also used in the new coaster set)
35365 Round glasses

There are some pictures available here: http://www.newelementary.com/2018/05/leg....html#more

I have these parts at home so if needed I can provide other pictures, let me know.

Print this item

How to make this build instructions
Posted by: han - 2018-06-22, 3:36 - Forum: Rendering Techniques - Replies (1)

i want to make some sculptures building instructions,What should I do to be like the LEGO official building instruction?
in top view and have fade steps,like the 3450set。

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Print this item

LDCad Feature Request
Posted by: Jeff Boen - 2018-06-18, 16:15 - Forum: LDraw Editors and Viewers - Replies (11)

One thing I find myself constantly doing that would make life easier (and, to me at least, seems in line with the "standard" way modern software works) would be to be able to double click a part (or any line, actually) in the .ldr source window and have it bring up the properties for said object.
I know you can right-click and select "Properties" to get there, but a double click seems quicker, easier and more intuitive. In fact, maybe even having it do the same thing when parts are double-clicked in the editing views might also be a good idea.

Second, once the part properties dialog is up, would it be possible to have a part selector list available next to the Main | Reference textbox? Just a standard "..." button maybe that brings up another dialog allowing you to see the complete list of parts by both name and part #? The idea being that I often find myself needing to change an existing part in a model (after a copy of a section, or just a change in design) but currently I have to delete the existing part and drag in a new one from the part bin or look up the part # beforehand that I want to use instead and enter it manually. Being able to just change the number on a part with a double-click and then a click for a list would speed up my process greatly.

And if there is already a way to do the step above faster but I'm just not seeing it, please let me know! Smile

Just some thoughts after using the package for a few weeks. I'm starting to *really* like it and greatly appreciate all of your work, Roland. Thanks so much again!

Print this item

Lego feng shui
Posted by: Mark Kennedy - 2018-06-17, 15:24 - Forum: Off-Topic - Replies (1)

Does anybody else try and build their sets so that as many of Lego logos on the studs line up with each other as possible?

Print this item

Opening LGEO parts in other softwares
Posted by: Mikkel Bech Jensen - 2018-06-15, 14:45 - Forum: Rendering Techniques - Replies (3)

I was wondering if it is possible to open the the LGEO part files in other softwares than Pov-Ray? For example, I want to open Darats' files in Blender? When downloading his library there is a folder called "STL Parts" but it contains all .inc files. Is it possible to convert these back into .stl files?

Print this item

[LDPatternCreator] User Guide / Tutorial or help - Creating Templates
Posted by: ShireBrickz.com - 2018-06-14, 11:05 - Forum: Parts Author Tools - Replies (3)

Hi LDPC Team and crew.

Just wondering if there is any user guides or tutorials on creating templates or importing .DAT data to create patterns onto Pieces not in the supplied template list. 
I have no problems creating my own custom patterns onto the supplied templates but am looking to expand my output onto other bricks.
Its is just a case of importing existing Dat files and then export? This seems to leave me with just a sticker looking finished product rather than a complete piece.
As a relative newbie to LDraw and surrounding programs, am I missing something in the process?

Thanks in advance?
Adam

Print this item

What happened to Digital-bricks.de?
Posted by: Neil - 2018-06-13, 17:50 - Forum: Parts Authoring - Replies (4)

So, I was going to digital-bricks.de recently to get some parts from it, but the entire website seems to be no longer functioning properly.

Does anybody know what happened? Will it be fixed at some point soon, or is it gone for good?

Print this item