Welcome, Guest
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username

Password

(Advanced Search)

Forum Statistics
» Members: 4,085
» Latest member: Blomberg
» Forum threads: 5,528
» Forum posts: 47,486

Full Statistics

Online Users
There are currently 520 online users.
» 1 Member(s) | 513 Guest(s)
Applebot, Baidu, Bing, Facebook, Google, Yandex

Latest Threads
Model Team
Forum: Official Models
Last Post: Marc Giraudet
19 minutes ago
» Replies: 23
» Views: 25,508
need help!
Forum: General LDraw.org Discussion
Last Post: Willy Tschager
11 hours ago
» Replies: 1
» Views: 104
Architecture Theme
Last Post: N. W. Perry
Yesterday, 22:41
» Replies: 167
» Views: 285,765
Star Wars 2024
Last Post: Orion Pobursky
Yesterday, 20:18
» Views: 152
OMR down?
Forum: General LDraw.org Discussion
Last Post: Lasse Deleuran
Yesterday, 7:40
» Replies: 3
» Views: 1,092
[LDPatternCreator] Releas...
Forum: Parts Author Tools
Last Post: Philippe Hurbain
2024-05-05, 17:57
» Views: 189
LDraw.org 2024-03 Parts U...
Forum: LDraw.org Announcements
Last Post: kanjanavijit
2024-05-05, 8:48
» Replies: 5
» Views: 622
2024/2025 LDraw.org Steer...
Forum: LDraw.org Announcements
Last Post: Max Martin Richter
2024-05-04, 19:15
» Replies: 0
» Views: 90
[split] New Sticker Sheet...
Forum: Parts Tracker Discussion
2024-05-03, 21:14
» Replies: 7
» Views: 265
03 May 2024 "500 Server E...
Forum: Parts Tracker Discussion
2024-05-03, 12:38
» Views: 81

LEGO Particle Accelerator (Large Brick Collider)
Posted by: Steffen - 2018-04-30, 14:44 - Forum: MOCs (My Own Creations) - No Replies

LEGO Particle Accelerator (Large Brick Collider)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SdmDb8ozcXc

Print this item

A working LEGO telegraph and printer for Morse Code
Posted by: Steffen - 2018-04-30, 14:41 - Forum: MOCs (My Own Creations) - No Replies

A working LEGO telegraph and printer for Morse Code

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dIgSKPzLC9g

Print this item

Bricasso - a real-world LEGO mosaic printer
Posted by: Steffen - 2018-04-30, 14:38 - Forum: MOCs (My Own Creations) - Replies (1)

Bricasso - a real-world LEGO mosaic printer:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y4neo4fRw2M

Print this item

Looking for a parts author to team up with.
Posted by: End Unsure - 2018-04-29, 18:44 - Forum: Part Requests - Replies (8)

Hey all, so I really love Ldraw and this community and I'd like to help it out some as well as get some parts I've been looking for. Thing is, I am in a truck 24/7 and really don't have the time to learn to be a parts author, plus a bouncing mouse is hard to work with.

What I do have (well, I will soon) is a little spare cash, My idea is to buy some sets off ebay and have them mailed to a parts author for replication in Ldraw who would then mail the sets back to me. I figure this is important because a lot of the parts I'm interested in would need a 3d scan or being able to work with them directly.

Things like: 

Stingray helmet
Sting ray disk decal designone
Elves Dragon and animal heads

There's sure to be a lot to work out in order to make this work so I thought I'd get started on it before I was ready to buy some sets. Should be a month or so before I can start doing this.

Because I'm opting to send a few hundred dollars worth of parts to a relative stranger, I would need the community to vouch for any parts author interested in working on this. With one exception, my preferred choice is [color=green][b]Philippe Hurbain[/color][/b]. As the administrator of this site and a man who has already volunteered his free time to make me, a relative stranger some parts I feel if this idea has any hope of working then he's gotta be in good standing.

That being said, I wouldn't even humor this idea except that everyone here seems to be trustworthy, the community seems like a place of people who like to help out. Anyone interested in this idea should respond so we can work something out.

I should mention that because these sets can be pretty pricey, I'm not really volunteering to buy sets on request. I just want to fill out some classic sets from my childhood and some of the new ones I think are really cool.

Thank you, anyone who takes interest in advance.

Print this item

LDCad Part Organization
Posted by: End Unsure - 2018-04-29, 18:23 - Forum: LDraw Editors and Viewers - Replies (3)

just a note to any one who is involved with the construction/maintenance of LDCad. The friends and Elves heads are found divided between two directories 'Figures' and 'Mini-Figures', if there is a way to put them in one category (hopefully with relative ease) I'd appreciate knowing it or having it in the next version, either or.

Personally I think they make more sense in figures than mini-figures given their unique design but that's just me.

Thank you for your time and work on such a great program, I love LDCad.

Print this item

Nexo Knight Power Shield - 116 dazzling-lure
Posted by: Johann Eisner - 2018-04-27, 18:14 - Forum: Parts Authoring - Replies (3)

Hi guys
Does anyone have this shield in real life?
I would need the right color of the fish in the middle and of the border.
I'm not sure which one to take.

Regards Johann

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Print this item

35789 Mudguard (new, shorter Speed Champions fenders)
Posted by: Ryan Hicks - 2018-04-26, 18:22 - Forum: Part Requests - Replies (6)

Throwing a request into the pool for these new Speed Champions series fenders:

35789 Vehicle, Mudguard 4 x 2 1/2 x 2 1/3 with Arch Round, Solid Studs, and Rounded Legs - 
https://www.bricklink.com/v2/catalog/cat...163795#T=C

Currently found in the '68 Mustang, Porsche 919, and in two of the Ferrari Garage models.

Cheers, thank you!
Prototyp

Print this item

LPub - show submodel in PLI in selected steps only
Posted by: Jetro de Château - 2018-04-26, 16:23 - Forum: LDraw File Processing and Conversion - No Replies

I am looking for a way to show submodels in the PLI only for the steps I want. Is there a way to set this for each individual instance? So far I have only found a way to make it global.

I could generate 2 sets of instructions - one with and one without submodels in PLIs - and then combine only the pages I want, but that appears like a very roundabout way to get the desired result.

Print this item

LPub - rotate submodel in PLI
Posted by: Jetro de Château - 2018-04-25, 7:56 - Forum: LDraw File Processing and Conversion - Replies (4)

In order to more clearly indicate that a (previously built) submodel is attached in a certain step, I want to include it in the PLI.
The orientation of the submodel in the PLI makes is different from the orientation in the step-by-step instructions for building it.
How can I get the submodel to show up in the PLI with the same rotation as the in the building instructions of that submodel?

Print this item

LPub - optimise rendering speed
Posted by: Jetro de Château - 2018-04-25, 7:50 - Forum: LDraw File Processing and Conversion - No Replies

When I use LPub, I spend a lot of time waiting for pages to render. I'm trying to find out if there is anything I can do to speed up this process.
I am using a new laptop (i7 CPU) with a powerful graphics card (NVIDIA GTX 1050 - 4GB GDDR5) but that doesn't appear to have any impact on the rendering speed compared to my 6-year-old laptop I used before this one.

What can I do to speed up the rendering process? 

I have a feeling files are rendered one at a time in sequence. Is there a way to run several renderings at the same time (would that improve the overall speed)?

Some additional info:
After reading this thread I have turned off 'Single call multiple rendering'
Note I am not looking for a faster rendering speed when creating the final PDF version (that would be an added bonus). I am looking for a reliable way to make my document editing flow faster.

Print this item