LeoCAD not fully loading model

LeoCAD not fully loading model
Hi all,

I have a model of 15k+ parts and 200+ submodels that does not fully load in LeoCAD. It loads submodels 1 to 24 and about 900 bricks (very fast BTW!).
This is the case on both on my Macbook and 2 Windows PC/Laptops

The model loads fine in LDCad (and MLCad for that matter).

What could be wrong?

If someone is willing to take a look I can share the model file.

Thanks.

Jaco
Jaco van der Molen
lpub.binarybricks.nl
RE: LeoCAD not fully loading model
(2019-11-22, 8:31)Jaco van der Molen Wrote: If someone is willing to take a look I can share the model file.
Yup!
(2019-11-22, 8:58)Philippe Hurbain Wrote: Yup!

Thanks. I pm'd you.

BTW MPDCenter is not loading the model either. Stops responding at "Check for detailed report..."

There might be something wrong with the file, though as said LDCad and MLCad have no trouble loading it and neither do LDView and LPub3D...
Jaco van der Molen
lpub.binarybricks.nl
There are no parts limits, LeoCAD even loads datsville correctly. If you send me the model I'll take a look.
(2019-11-25, 22:12)Leonardo Zide Wrote: There are no parts limits, LeoCAD even loads datsville correctly. If you send me the model I'll take a look.

Thanks Leonarde, but the problem has been found.
It turned out that LeoCad cannot handle the 0 NOFILE meta or duplicated ones.
Just removing all 0 NOFILE meta's the model loads fine.

However still: the file does not load in MPDCenter...
Jaco van der Molen
lpub.binarybricks.nl
(2019-11-26, 7:01)Jaco van der Molen Wrote: It turned out that LeoCad cannot handle the 0 NOFILE meta or duplicated ones.
More specifically, LeoCAD stops loading the file if it encounters two successive 0 NOFILE metas.

Quote:However still: the file does not load in MPDCenter...
Works fine here, with zero or one and only one 0 NOFILE at the end of each submodel.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

(2019-11-26, 7:48)Philippe Hurbain Wrote: More specifically, LeoCAD stops loading the file if it encounters two successive 0 NOFILE metas.

Yes. sorry ;-)

(2019-11-26, 7:48)Philippe Hurbain Wrote: Works fine here, with zero or one and only one 0 NOFILE at the end of each submodel.

OK, it turned out it takes MPDCenter more than 2 minutes to load the file, then another 6 minutes at least to parse and then even more minutes to respond to anything.

After tweaking a bit with some options it is much quicker.
I unchecked:
- Show preview image
- Check online for official parts
- Create detailed report

That helped a little.
I guess creating the preview image takes a long time.

Parsing the file however, still takes a few minutes.
But when it has done that, the rest of the actions work quite smooth
Jaco van der Molen
lpub.binarybricks.nl
Quote:Parsing the file however, still takes a few minutes.
But when it has done that, the rest of the actions work quite smooth
Ah... Takes only 3-4 seconds here (and that's probably no thanks to power of my computer which is 10 years old!). Since I couldn't find the "Create detailed report" option, I checked and had an old 2.3.7 version of MPDCenter. So I updated to the latest 2.5.1 and indeed it takes forever if I don't uncheck "Create detailed report", but if I do it takes the same time as 2.3.7. Since 2.3.7 did provide a report, I switched back to old version (I can send it to you if you want to try)
(2019-11-26, 7:01)Jaco van der Molen Wrote: Thanks Leonarde, but the problem has been found.
It turned out that LeoCad cannot handle the 0 NOFILE meta or duplicated ones.

However still: the file does not load in MPDCenter...

I've checked in a fix for error parsing duplicate NOFILE statements.

https://github.com/leozide/leocad/commit...c51c5cec6c
(2019-11-26, 13:00)Philippe Hurbain Wrote: Ah... Takes only 3-4 seconds here (and that's probably no thanks to power of my computer which is 10 years old!). Since I couldn't find the "Create detailed report" option, I checked and had an old 2.3.7 version of MPDCenter. So I updated to the latest 2.5.1 and indeed it takes forever if I don't uncheck "Create detailed report", but if I do it takes the same time as 2.3.7. Since 2.3.7 did provide a report, I switched back to old version (I can send it to you if you want to try)

OK, please share this old version of MPD Center. Thanks.
Jaco van der Molen
lpub.binarybricks.nl
(2019-11-26, 7:48)Philippe Hurbain Wrote: More specifically, LeoCAD stops loading the file if it encounters two successive 0 NOFILE metas.

Works fine here, with zero or one and only one 0 NOFILE at the end of each submodel.

Just to be clear, unless I'm misunderstanding, then based on the the official MPD Spec, LeoCAD is behaving correctly, and other software (presumably including LDView) is behaving incorrectly.
(2019-11-26, 20:15)Leonardo Zide Wrote: I've checked in a fix for error parsing duplicate NOFILE statements.

https://github.com/leozide/leocad/commit...c51c5cec6c

I didn't look at the original file, but your original behavior may have been correct. The MPD spec clearly states that 0 FILE and 0 NOFILE can be used to find an MPD in the middle of (say) a random mail message, and ignore everything that isn't between the initial 0 FILE and the final 0 NOFILE. Having two 0 NOFILE lines in a row would (to me) seem indicate the end of the main model.
(2019-11-27, 4:41)Travis Cobbs Wrote: I didn't look at the original file, but your original behavior may have been correct. The MPD spec clearly states that 0 FILE and 0 NOFILE can be used to find an MPD in the middle of (say) a random mail message, and ignore everything that isn't between the initial 0 FILE and the final 0 NOFILE. Having two 0 NOFILE lines in a row would (to me) seem indicate the end of the main model.
Good point. It would be a good thing to know why and how Jaco's file was stuffed with extraneous NOFILE...
(2019-11-27, 8:48)Philippe Hurbain Wrote: Good point. It would be a good thing to know why and how Jaco's file was stuffed with extraneous NOFILE...

Of that I have no clue. I have been working on this model for over 3 years and has seen many versions and alterations.
It was opened by and edited and saved in random order with LDCad, MLCad, LPub3D and a texteditor, so it could well have been my mistake while editing lines manually.
Jaco van der Molen
lpub.binarybricks.nl
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »