LDPub3D - assembly scale vs camera distance

LDPub3D - assembly scale vs camera distance
I'm just getting started with LPub3D (after running into Studio's limits with flexible parts and switching to LDCad).  I'm having trouble with something that seems pretty basic; I'm sure I'm missing something obvious.  In the Configuration>Build Instructions Setup>Assembly Setup menu, a couple of different tutorials mention a scale setting.  However in my LPub3d (v2.3.12), I only find "Camera Distance", which seems to do something similar. 

Could someone explain the difference between "camera distance" and "scale"?  And where can I set the global default scale and then modify it for a given page in the instructions?

RE: LDPub3D - assembly scale vs camera distance
(2019-11-17, 10:05)Hendrix Wrote: I'm just getting started with LPub3D (after running into Studio's limits with flexible parts and switching to LDCad).  I'm having trouble with something that seems pretty basic; I'm sure I'm missing something obvious.  In the Configuration>Build Instructions Setup>Assembly Setup menu, a couple of different tutorials mention a scale setting.  However in my LPub3d (v2.3.12), I only find "Camera Distance", which seems to do something similar. 

Could someone explain the difference between "camera distance" and "scale"?  And where can I set the global default scale and then modify it for a given page in the instructions?

This has to do with the renderer you use.
If you use the Native renderer you speak of Camera distance
If you use LDView you have to deal with scale

You can modify both in the Assembly Setup menu and set it to a global scale.

Jaco
Jaco van der Molen
lpub.binarybricks.nl
Thank you Jaco.  That's helpful.  In the end, I've stayed with the Native renderer (so I'm working with camera distance instead of scale).  

However whenever I set the camera distance it seems to affect both the model AND the parts list.  So at the moment, I leave camera distance alone and I'm using camera FOV to independently scale the model and the parts list.    But that seems like a work around and there must be a better way to do it.  I'm just starting to work with the meta commands directly, so I suspect it may be something I need to try an manage that way, but any pointers would be welcome.

(2019-11-24, 6:52)Hendrix Wrote: Thank you Jaco.  That's helpful.  In the end, I've stayed with the Native renderer (so I'm working with camera distance instead of scale).  

However whenever I set the camera distance it seems to affect both the model AND the parts list.  So at the moment, I leave camera distance alone and I'm using camera FOV to independently scale the model and the parts list.    But that seems like a work around and there must be a better way to do it.  I'm just starting to work with the meta commands directly, so I suspect it may be something I need to try an manage that way, but any pointers would be welcome.

What version of LPub3D are you using?
I believe this is corrected.
See this discussion: https://forums.ldraw.org/thread-23578.html
Jaco van der Molen
lpub.binarybricks.nl
Yes, that appears to be the problem.  I'm using 2.3.12.  Thanks for the pointer on that.

I tried to run the updater (via the 'check for updates' function).  But once it closes lpub3d, nothing happens.  My original install is via the ldraw AIOI, and based on this post it seems dicey to try and upgrade.  Any thoughts on how best to do that?  Perhaps I should re-install using the lpub3d installer directly?

(2019-11-24, 11:08)Hendrix Wrote: Yes, that appears to be the problem.  I'm using 2.3.12.  Thanks for the pointer on that.

I tried to run the updater (via the 'check for updates' function).  But once it closes lpub3d, nothing happens.  My original install is via the ldraw AIOI, and based on this post it seems dicey to try and upgrade.  Any thoughts on how best to do that?  Perhaps I should re-install using the lpub3d installer directly?

Yes, re-install is better.
You could also try the portable version. Download the zip from SourceForge and extract somewhere, i.e. C:\LEGO\LPub3D
Jaco van der Molen
lpub.binarybricks.nl
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »