LDCad Part Snapping missing/errors

RE: Part Snapping missing/errors
(2024-05-22, 8:25)Jaco van der Molen Wrote: When I upload to my copy (the fork?) of your library, I need to hit Commit.
I do not see a Push option.
I committed 60481a again.
Then I created a pull request.

I now see this at my Github:

Code:
This branch is 1 commit ahead of RolandMelkert/LDCadShadowLibrary:main.

Can you pull my file to yours?

Ah you are editing on github itself? In that case a commit and a pull request should do.

I commented on your pr on github, but like I wrote there the file is not needed I committed the fix I gave above.

github can be VERY confusing indeed, I'm still finding my way in it too (I only use svn on my non public stuff as I'm a single developer, only really starting to use git with the shadow lib).

Anyhow the most used way of doing things is:

1 Fork the repo you want to contribute to (like you did).
2 Clone the fork to your local PC
3 Start a new branch inside your clone and switch to it (make it the working copy).
4 Edit / add file using your favourite editor or LDCad it self.
5 Commit your changes now and then.
6 Push all your changes/commits to your fork when your done / want to make it public.
7 When done and you want to contribute your changes made so far,, create a pull request using the custom branch you made.
8 Once you made a pull request any additional commits to the same brache will automatically become part of the open PR, but this is commonly discouraged un github. So you probably want to go back to step 3.

That said it is also perfectly fine to just add stuff on github itself like you did with 60481, so feel free to add stuff to your open PR. But if you decide to go the other way let me know so I can close the PR.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
RE: Part Snapping missing/errors - by SNIPE - 2022-07-22, 13:59
RE: Part Snapping missing/errors - by Roland Melkert - 2024-05-22, 21:11