LDCAD Parts List Export?

LDCAD Parts List Export?
Sorry if I'm missing something obvious, guys. I'm now fully-converted to LDCad and loving it, but now that I've completed my first serious model using it (1400+ pieces) I can't seem to find an easy method to get a listing of all the parts used in it. I tried BrickUtils from years ago but it no longer appears to run and I can't quite follow all of the discussion about Rebrickable providing a parts list. Is there no parts list file export directly from LDCad?

Thanks again for all the great work and help!
RE: LDCAD Parts List Export?
(2018-11-02, 22:26)Jeff Boen Wrote: Sorry if I'm missing something obvious, guys. I'm now fully-converted to LDCad and loving it, but now that I've completed my first serious model using it (1400+ pieces) I can't seem to find an easy method to get a listing of all the parts used in it. I tried BrickUtils from years ago but it no longer appears to run and I can't quite follow all of the discussion about Rebrickable providing a parts list. Is there no parts list file export directly from LDCad?

Thanks again for all the great work and help!

I'm sorry there is no export feature for the part list in 1.6b.

You can only view it using the special all parts in model bin group.

I do plan to add a very simple csv export feature for it in 1.6c though.

In the mean time you could also use LDView's part list generator.
(2018-11-03, 21:57)Roland Melkert Wrote: I do plan to add a very simple csv export feature for it in 1.6c though.

Hi Roland,

Would this export take buffer exchange into account?
And helper parts and such?
That would be very helpful. I now use LDView, which is good, but here all parts in a buffer exchange are counted too.
So if I want a parts list I have to make a "BOM" model file and "BI" model file.

It would also help if somehow you could count complete parts that consist of individual parts, would be counted as one.
Take a custom minifig torso. LDView exports the torso, the arms, and hands as separate parts.
I think LDCad counts this a 5 parts too?

In LPub3D, for example, you can make this count as one part so that it shows completely assembled in the PLI and BOM.
It would be nice if you could do this in LDCad too using groups or something.

This goes for many parts too. Like levers, hinges, wheels, train bogies, technic shock absorbers, etc...
(in fact all parts that now have a LDCad template)
Jaco van der Molen
lpub.binarybricks.nl
(2018-11-07, 10:25)Jaco van der Molen Wrote: Would this export take buffer exchange into account?
That would be very helpful. I now use LDView, which is good, but here all parts in a buffer exchange are counted too.
So if I want a parts list I have to make a "BOM" model file and "BI" model file.

It would also help if somehow you could count complete parts that consist of individual parts, would be counted as one.
Take a custom minifig torso. LDView exports the torso, the arms, and hands as separate parts.

In LPub3D, for example, you can make this count as one part so that it shows completely assembled in the PLI and BOM.

This goes for many parts too. Like levers, hinges, wheels, train bogies, technic shock absorbers, etc...
It's a very basic feature only. It will just write the current bin content to a csv (filename,color,count) file, so its "what you see is what you get".

I do plan to integrate the lpub metas in the 2.0 parser/editor but I'm a long way from finishing that Sad
(2018-11-07, 19:38)Roland Melkert Wrote:
(2018-11-07, 10:25)Jaco van der Molen Wrote: Would this export take buffer exchange into account?

It's a very basic feature only. It will just write the current bin content to a csv (filename,color,count) file, so its "what you see is what you get".

I do plan to integrate the lpub metas in the 2.0 parser/editor but I'm a long way from finishing that Sad

OK, basic csv export would help anyway.

Just some ideas you might do in 2.0? ;-)
Jaco van der Molen
lpub.binarybricks.nl
(2018-11-03, 21:57)Roland Melkert Wrote: I'm sorry there is no export feature for the part list in 1.6b.

You can only view it using the special all parts in model bin group.

I do plan to add a very simple csv export feature for it in 1.6c though.

Was this CSV export feature included in 1.7 beta 1?  I don't see it, but maybe I'm not looking in the right place?

Thanks!

(2024-03-13, 10:42)CJ H. Wrote: Was this CSV export feature included in 1.7 beta 1?  I don't see it, but maybe I'm not looking in the right place?

Thanks!

I found it! For others who might find this post: 

The export feature (exports a tab separated text file) is in the context menu of a special parts bin: Model (Content) Overview --> All Parts Used In The Current Model --> [right click] --> export

Very useful Roland, thanks for including that feature.

(2024-03-13, 10:57)CJ H. Wrote: I found it! For others who might find this post: 

The export feature (exports a tab separated text file) is in the context menu of a special parts bin: Model (Content) Overview --> All Parts Used In The Current Model --> [right click] --> export

Very useful Roland, thanks for including that feature.

Thanks, also the export is available for all part bin groups.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »