Technic 1999

Technic 1999
A thread for Technic models released in 1999
8448 - Super Street Sensation
I am currently working all 6 (yes 6) variations of the model
RE: 8448 - Super Street Sensation
(2019-04-10, 5:05)Orion Pobursky Wrote: I am currently working all 6 (yes 6) variations of the model

The base model for Gull Wing and Convertible is done. This model would have been far more of a pain were it not for LDCad part snapping and flex objects.

8448 - Super Street Sensation - Convertible

8448 - Super Street Sensation - Convertible
OMR Compliant
Missing: Stickers
Notes:
- The double compound u-joint in the steering link needs work.
- The flexible elements make the model file very large (20 MB) so it is zipped.

Attached Files
.zip   8448 - Super Street Sensation - Convertable.zip (Size: 2.38 MB / Downloads: 22)
RE: 8448 - Super Street Sensation - Convertible
I did this animation a couple of years ago. Unfortunately I can't remember the credentials for my old YT account.
Model was done in MLCad. All angles were calculated by hand or by using AutoCad.

/Max
8448 - Super Street Sensation - Wing Doors

8448 - Super Street Sensation - Wing Doors
OMR Compliant
Notes:
- Same comments as the Convertible

Attached Files
.zip   8448 - Super Street Sensation - Wing Doors.zip (Size: 2.59 MB / Downloads: 22)
RE: 8448 - Super Street Sensation - Convertible
(2019-04-19, 4:26)Orion Pobursky Wrote: 8448 - Super Street Sensation - Convertible
OMR Compliant
Notes:
- The double compound u-joint in the steering link needs work.
- The flexible elements make the model file very large (20 MB) so it is zipped.

I made some minor adjustments to the windshield based on errors found while the Wing Door model. Zip file updated.
8448 - Super Street Sensation - Concept Car

8448 - Super Street Sensation - Concept Car
OMR Compliant
Notes:

Attached Files
.zip   8448 - Super Street Sensation - Concept Car.zip (Size: 2.7 MB / Downloads: 21)
RE: 8448 - Super Street Sensation - Concept Car
(2019-04-26, 3:52)Orion Pobursky Wrote: 8448 - Super Street Sensation - Concept Car
OMR Compliant
Notes:

Stupid question: Which is the main model?
If nothing goes right, go left.
(2019-04-28, 19:39)Johann Eisner Wrote: Stupid question: Which is the main model?

The convertible. I’m posting in the order they appear in the BIs. Racer’s almost done and there are 2 more after that. I also plan on posting a convertible top down and wing doors down versions
(2019-04-28, 20:30)Orion Pobursky Wrote: The convertible. I’m posting in the order they appear in the BIs. Racer’s almost done and there are 2 more after that. I also plan on posting a convertible top down and wing doors down versions

Thx.
Main Model is in the OMR. --> http://omr.ldraw.org/file/1166
If nothing goes right, go left.
(2019-04-28, 20:43)Johann Eisner Wrote: Thx.
Main Model is in the OMR. --> http://omr.ldraw.org/file/1166

Hold off on the Concept car and Racer. I spotted an error I need to fix.
8448 - Super Street Sensation - Racer

8448 - Super Street Sensation - Racer
OMR Compliant
Notes:

Attached Files
.zip   8448 - Super Street Sensation - Racer.zip (Size: 3.17 MB / Downloads: 25)
(2019-04-29, 5:16)Orion Pobursky Wrote: Hold off on the Concept car and Racer. I spotted an error I need to fix.

The error has been fixed and the files updated.
8448 - Super Street Sensation - Hod Rod

8448 - Super Street Sensation - Hot Rod
OMR Compliant
Notes:

Attached Files
.zip   8448 - Super Street Sensation - Hot Rod.zip (Size: 1.24 MB / Downloads: 22)
RE: 8448 - Super Street Sensation - Hod Rod
(2019-05-01, 3:39)Orion Pobursky Wrote: 8448 - Super Street Sensation - Hot Rod
OMR Compliant
Notes:

Confratulation Orión, grate job. I think this may take tons of hous to finish it?
(2019-05-01, 14:26)tatubias Wrote: Confratulation Orión, grate job. I think this may take tons of hous to finish it?

One more alternate model to do: Buggy. This really didn't take as long as I thought it would. Example: I did the Hot Rod over the course of a few hours yesterday. The modularity of this set and the features of LDCad has made the process way easier than it used to be.
(2019-05-01, 3:39)Orion Pobursky Wrote: 8448 - Super Street Sensation - Hot Rod
OMR Compliant
Notes:
Very nice indeed! But you should embed unofficial parts: I'm missing ldcFlexAxleCap...
(2019-05-01, 15:30)Philippe Hurbain Wrote: Very nice indeed! But you should embed unofficial parts: I'm missing ldcFlexAxleCap...

Ugh. I thought I fixed that problem. I'll update tonight.
(2019-05-01, 15:51)Orion Pobursky Wrote: Ugh. I thought I fixed that problem. I'll update tonight.

Should be fixed now. File updated.
(2019-05-02, 3:35)Orion Pobursky Wrote: Should be fixed now. File updated.
Maybe a cache issue, but it seems that there is no ldcFlexAxleCap.dat embedded Sad
(2019-05-02, 12:00)Philippe Hurbain Wrote: Maybe a cache issue, but it seems that there is no ldcFlexAxleCap.dat embedded Sad

I just downloaded the model onto my work computer and checked. The path caps are inlined in the flex part so there must be some aggressive caching going on with your browser. There might also be an issue with LDCad not finding the file since the META references it. I'll attach it to this post.

Attached Files
.dat   ldcFlexAxleCap.dat (Size: 293 bytes / Downloads: 6)
RE: 8448 - Super Street Sensation
The buggy is giving me fits. I might take a break and work on something else for a bit.
(2019-05-02, 18:15)Orion Pobursky Wrote: I just downloaded the model onto my work computer and checked. The path caps are inlined in the flex part so there must be some aggressive caching going on with your browser. There might also be an issue with LDCad not finding the file since the META references it. I'll attach it to this post.
My bad (to some extent...): only LDCad complains about missing ldcFlexAxleCap. But if you embed it along with all unofficial files, it solves all issues (in LDCad, file -> cleanup -> check "embed unofficial parts")
(2019-05-02, 18:34)Philippe Hurbain Wrote: My bad (to some extent...): only LDCad complains about missing ldcFlexAxleCap. But if you embed it along with all unofficial files, it solves all issues (in LDCad, file -> cleanup -> check "embed unofficial parts")

This donor part will be part of the next LDCad release so I think I'll just leave it out. I don't want to make it OMR conformed.
(2019-05-02, 18:34)Philippe Hurbain Wrote: My bad (to some extent...): only LDCad complains about missing ldcFlexAxleCap. But if you embed it along with all unofficial files, it solves all issues (in LDCad, file -> cleanup -> check "embed unofficial parts")

The part is here:
https://forums.ldraw.org/thread-23380-po...l#pid31732

As Orion wrote it will be part of 1.6c
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »