Texture does not render in LDCad 1.6b

Texture does not render in LDCad 1.6b
Hi Roland, and others,

I have LDCad 1.6b running and configured like it should, but no texture is rendered on textured parts.
I still have LDCad 1.6a running on the same machine that uses the same libraries and there all my custom texturemapped parts render just fine.

What could be wrong?
I obviously checked and made sure Texture mapping was enabled in 1.6b.
Jaco van der Molen
lpub.binarybricks.nl
RE: Texture does not render in LDCad 1.6b
(2018-05-17, 13:15)Jaco van der Molen Wrote: I have LDCad 1.6b running and configured like it should, but no texture is rendered on textured parts.
I still have LDCad 1.6a running on the same machine that uses the same libraries and there all my custom texturemapped parts render just fine.

The only thing changed regarding textures between a and b is generation of mipmaps. So this could be a driver thing.

Did you use the same main.cfg for both versions? You can force that by (tmp, rename the a version exe) placing the b version in the a version's bin folder.
(2018-05-17, 16:50)Roland Melkert Wrote:
(2018-05-17, 13:15)Jaco van der Molen Wrote: I have LDCad 1.6b running and configured like it should, but no texture is rendered on textured parts.

The only thing changed regarding textures between a and b is generation of mipmaps. So this could be a driver thing.

Did you use the same main.cfg for both versions? You can force that by (tmp, rename the a version exe) placing the b version in the a version's bin folder.

Hmm, OK. I did not use the same main.cfg because I have set up 1.6b like a fresh install.
I did make a copy of the LDCad.exe for 1.6b and placed that in the 1.6a folder (after backing up the original indeed ;-)

That did the trick. Textures render fine!

Now what causes that?
The only true difference (besides window state, last openend files, etc) between the two setups I could find was in the main.cfg [LDraw] section

vertexProcessingMode=smooth (1.6a)

vertexProcessingMode=none (1.6b)

Setting it to smooth in 1.6b did the trick in the 1.6b setup. It now renders textures fine too... ;-)
Jaco van der Molen
lpub.binarybricks.nl
(2018-05-18, 5:57)Jaco van der Molen Wrote: The only true difference (besides window state, last openend files, etc) between the two setups I could find was in the main.cfg [LDraw] section
vertexProcessingMode=smooth (1.6a)
vertexProcessingMode=none (1.6b)

Ah I forgot that restriction, the none mode does zero post processing on the LDraw xyz coordinates, this includes generating the uv parameters.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »