Welcome, Guest
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username

Password

(Advanced Search)

Forum Statistics
» Members: 12,494
» Latest member: Azarov
» Forum threads: 5,481
» Forum posts: 47,186

Full Statistics

Online Users
There are currently 467 online users.
» 1 Member(s) | 461 Guest(s)
Applebot, Baidu, Bing, Google, Yandex, Orion Pobursky

Latest Threads
Part tracker api?
Forum: Parts Tracker Discussion
Last Post: Alex Mills
1 hour ago
» Replies: 4
» Views: 937
Welcome to new parts auth...
Last Post: Willy Tschager
Today, 8:12
» Replies: 5
» Views: 418
Plug34.dat and related pa...
Forum: Parts Authoring
Last Post: Javier Orquera
Yesterday, 21:09
» Replies: 10
» Views: 2,991
Technic 1982
Forum: Official Models
Last Post: Takeshi Takahashi
Yesterday, 16:09
» Replies: 1
» Views: 426
Official Part Fix Submiss...
Last Post: Orion Pobursky
Yesterday, 4:35
» Replies: 6
» Views: 267
[LDPE] 1.8.77 Released (a...
Forum: Parts Author Tools
Last Post: Philippe Hurbain
2024-03-26, 19:53
» Replies: 1
» Views: 100
LDRAW Wiki Logo broken
Forum: Website Suggestions/Requests/Discussion
Last Post: Steffen
2024-03-26, 15:03
» Replies: 2
» Views: 62
Technic 2002
Last Post: aefferen
2024-03-26, 11:03
» Replies: 3
» Views: 2,766
Sesame Street (21324) Min...
Forum: Parts Authoring
Last Post: Steffen
2024-03-26, 0:58
» Replies: 8
» Views: 343
Lego Technic 1981
Last Post: N. W. Perry
2024-03-25, 23:08
» Replies: 18
» Views: 18,399

41671 Bionicle Part
Posted by: Michael Heidemann - 2012-11-03, 23:03 - Forum: Part Requests - Replies (3)

The Bionicle Saga is at its end. So I think it would be a good idea to fill in the gaps of those parts in the library.

I just found that the part 41671 is present in the current LDD. Maybe someone can translate to LDraw.

Print this item

Lpub lost the ability to see Lsynth constraints
Posted by: Alasdair Ryan - 2012-11-03, 16:24 - Forum: LDraw File Processing and Conversion - Replies (5)

I was making instructions for some test files which had Lsynth cables and pneumatic hoses.But when going through the pages of the instructions Lpub seams to have lost the capability of showing up the constraint parts.

Now I know I had it working before as I have made a few things with hoses and cables and it showed up fine,I must of done something but I cant think of what it is......Has any one else had this issue of came up with a fix?

Print this item

Monster Fighters
Posted by: Michael Heidemann - 2012-11-03, 13:01 - Forum: Official Models - Replies (4)

Here my first model for set 30201

Attached Files
.mpd   30201 - Ghost.mpd (Size: 4.34 KB / Downloads: 7)
Print this item

LSC: Define TEXMAP resolution and naming conventions
Posted by: Allen Smith - 2012-11-02, 16:21 - Forum: Standards Board - Replies (11)

Willy has requested that the LSC define official rules for naming conventions for textures in the Part Tracker, and resolution limits or any other technical details.

I have no real opinions on the subject, except this:

I would really like to see the Part Tracker solicit vector, or Photoshop, sources for any images people submit. These would not necessarily be distributed with the official library, but would be readily available for those wishing to modify the texture in the future. Having the art source files—especially in the case of vectors—makes future refinement infinitely easier. For example, imagine in another 15 years of LDraw history that computers have significantly more oomph, and can handle higher-resolution bitmaps. If you have the vector source, you just rescale.

Allen

Print this item

LSC Proposal to drop 64-character part title limit
Posted by: Allen Smith - 2012-11-02, 15:58 - Forum: Standards Board - Replies (6)

Steffen has requested that the 64-character limit for part titles be dropped from the official library.

Alex has further suggested there be no limit.

Since I use dynamic-length strings everywhere, this certainly isn't a problem for me. Any other opinions?

Allen

Print this item

M motor
Posted by: David A. - 2012-11-01, 8:28 - Forum: Help - Replies (4)

hello, where to find Power Fonctions "M motor.dat" ?
Part 58120c01

Print this item

Bricksmith 2.6: Texture your world
Posted by: Allen Smith - 2012-10-31, 3:39 - Forum: LDraw Editors and Viewers - Replies (6)

[Image: icon32.png]

Bricksmith 2.6 adds the following features:

• Supports planar textures (LDraw TEXMAP language extension)
  • Select multiple parts by dragging a rectangle around them
  • Part Browser improvements:
    • Source-list UI
    • Part Browser search scope buttons for choosing all parts or selected category
    • Improved text-matching algorithm for search
    • Recognizes and searches !KEYWORDS in parts
    • Identify and categorize alias parts, and exclude them from searches
  • New option for turntable-style model spinning (in which the model can't be rolled on its side)

• Substantial improvements to the handling of neighboring file references
    • Referenced neighbor files can be opened and edited; changes seen in parent document
    • Submodels in neighboring files will be drawn correctly
  • New duplicated parts are inserted into last step instead of current one
  • Document autosave

• Option-wheel (or just wheel) to zoom
  • Command-Shift-C for color palette
  • Removed nonstandard Officiality setting for models
  • Speed improvements for models with many submodel references
  • Speed improvements while hovering mouse over model

It also fixes the following bugs:
  • Fixed crash on 10.7+ when closing windows or viewports
  • Step display won't change the view rotation unless the step specifies it
  • Pan-dragging is not affected by perspective distortion
  • Zooming gesture locked in when view is orthographic; no interspersed rotations are permitted (prevents view from changing to perspective)
  • Allow leading whitespace in any line
  • Fixed primitives failing to be drawn in new submodels
  • Fixed certain hang situations
  • Avoid accessing Address Book to avoid scare dialog on 10.8

Bricksmith 2.6 has been a long time coming, but I think you'll agree there are some fantastic new features in it.

I am especially happy to announce that Bricksmith supports the new texture LDraw meta command! I am really excited to see this feature supported in an editor, and I hope to see some great new pattern parts soon. In Bricksmith 2.6, texture support is limited to planar textures only. I also don't currently support nested textures, and the drawing code has not been optimized. Lastly, there is not yet a GUI for adding the texture META. Obviously, these are all features slated for a future release. In the meantime, enjoy this TEXMAPped part:

[Image: LDraw2012-10-30_texmappedMayanWall.png]

I would also like to extend a special thanks to Ben Supnik, who contributed code for several of the great new internal features. Ben's work included the drag-a-rectangle-to-select feature and the neighbor file improvements, among others.

Bricksmith now requires Mac OS X 10.6 or later, and may be download it at <http://bricksmith.sourceforge.net/>.

Sincerely,
Allen Smith

Print this item

Princess Leia Minifigure
Posted by: Reuben Pearse - 2012-10-30, 21:17 - Forum: Parts Authoring - Replies (3)

Hi all,

I'm trying to put together a Princess Leia minifigure. I've found the bun hair part (30409.dat) and the head (3626bp08.dat), but I'm struggling to find a torso piece. It seems that there are 3 possible Princess Leia torso parts:
973px411 - Hoth Jacket Pattern
973px303 - Brown Shirt Pattern
There is also a new Princess Leia minifigure featured in the set 7965 Millennium Falcon. This one is called "Princess Leia Organa minifigure"

Is anyone working on any of these parts, or could help me locate them.

BTW, I've recently added a Chewbacca Minifigure and Superman Minifigure to my website.

Thanks

Reuben
[email protected]
=====================================
Download 3D Lego models and other resources from:
http://www.pearse.co.uk/lego
=====================================

Print this item

Thumbs Up 89762 Windscreen 7 x 4 x 2 Round Extended Front Edge
Posted by: Nicholas Manuel - 2012-10-30, 13:40 - Forum: Part Requests - Replies (4)

This came as a bit of a surprise to me, the official Lego part 89762 exists in neither the official parts list, nor in the parts tracker. I have several models that use this part that I want to use in my Lego CGI project. Is this because the part is too rounded to render in animation without hesitation? Are their not enough primitives to support this part? Is the part not selling physically?

Whatever the reason, unless I have the part, my Lego CGI project will be at a standstill. Please digitize this part, we want a complete library, right?

Oh, and yes, this is probably my first post, I'd like to be welcomed, unless I already posted before.

Print this item

LEGO self-service machine at main train station, Munich
Posted by: Steffen - 2012-10-30, 2:07 - Forum: Off-Topic - Replies (3)

did you know...
...THIS?

http://twitter.com/schwarzblond/status/2...16/photo/1

[Image: A1ZgkkxCIAAyOvg.jpg:large]

Print this item