Welcome, Guest
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username

Password

(Advanced Search)

Forum Statistics
» Members: 4,033
» Latest member: Warter
» Forum threads: 5,503
» Forum posts: 47,354

Full Statistics

Online Users
There are currently 776 online users.
» 1 Member(s) | 771 Guest(s)
Baidu, Bing, Google, Yandex

Latest Threads
Technic 2019
Forum: Official Models
Last Post: Paweł Turalski
1 hour ago
» Replies: 36
» Views: 28,946
Part request: 50986pb003 ...
Forum: Part Requests
Last Post: Rene Rechthaler
3 hours ago
» Replies: 1
» Views: 19
2024/2025 LDraw.org Steer...
Forum: LDraw.org Announcements
Last Post: Takeshi Takahashi
3 hours ago
» Replies: 40
» Views: 2,346
Part request: 553pb032 - ...
Last Post: Franklin W. Cain
4 hours ago
» Replies: 1
» Views: 25
Studio Connectivity Data
Forum: LDraw Editors and Viewers
Last Post: Cam's Bricks
Yesterday, 20:13
» Replies: 22
» Views: 7,621
Creator 2023
Last Post: Marc Giraudet
Yesterday, 19:29
» Replies: 2
» Views: 149
2024-03 update will be on...
Forum: Parts Tracker Discussion
Last Post: Steffen
Yesterday, 18:19
» Replies: 2
» Views: 114
Calculate the individual ...
Forum: Off-Topic
Last Post: Manfred Schaefer
Yesterday, 17:15
» Replies: 3
» Views: 298
Technic 1982
Last Post: Takeshi Takahashi
Yesterday, 14:50
» Replies: 11
» Views: 2,464
Part request: 18392pb04 -...
Last Post: Anthony
Yesterday, 8:06
» Replies: 0
» Views: 59

Fabuland
Posted by: Philippe Hurbain - 2015-02-23, 16:31 - Forum: Official Models - Replies (67)

Fabuland models...

Print this item

LDCad 1.5 progress / opinions req
Posted by: Roland Melkert - 2015-02-22, 23:20 - Forum: LDraw Editors and Viewers - Replies (26)

Made some real progress this weekend so I would like to post some previews in order to gather some feedback.

Main reason for this is me not being completely sure on the details / behavior of the new LDraw source code window. So any suggestions / feedback on that would be very much appreciated.

Here's a screen shot of the 1.5 gui while using undocked windows and the new source window.

And here's one with everything docked (notice the second part bin).

The source window is read only at the moment but in the very least I want it to be able to control selections. And maybe manage third party meta's (e.g. LPUB)?

Any thoughts?

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Print this item

MlCad Favorites
Posted by: Michele Somma - 2015-02-21, 21:29 - Forum: LDraw Editors and Viewers - Replies (1)

Hi

Some time ago I developed this simple application if you want to manage your favorites in MLCAD 3.40. You can find MlCadFavorites: here

[Image: mlcadfavorites.jpg]

Print this item

Smoothing and BFC problems in LDview
Posted by: Mikkel Bech Jensen - 2015-02-19, 18:04 - Forum: Parts Authoring - Replies (6)

I am (sort of) new to parts authoring and I've been trying to learn what there is to know about making parts for ldraw. I can't seem to make curves and rounded objects to look smooth in LDview. I have read alot about how edge lines and conditional/optional lines work, and I have successfully made them with Edger2 through LETGUI. I assumed (for what I read from http://www.philohome.com/isecalc/edger2.htm ) that LDview smoothes surfaces with condlines automatically, but since I can see that there are condlines and LDview doesn't smooth the surface I guess I was wrong? They only make an outline.

Another question I have, when I make quads and triangles in MLCAD they won't be coloured green/red when I press the BFC button in LDview. The same happens when I export a part as primitives in MLCAD. This has annoyed me for a long time.

Ps. If I import a DAT file that has been exported as primitives from MLCAD, as a template in LDPatternCreator, LDPC crashes when I export the patterned version.

Print this item

how to open 10128.dat
Posted by: Miguel A. Rodríguez - 2015-02-19, 0:32 - Forum: Part Requests - Replies (4)

Hi

I'm new here so you now, I need help to open this file (http://www.ldraw.org/cgi-bin/ptdetail.cg.../10128.dat) i use Ldraw and only appears a single brick. Thanks

Print this item

ldr file format for models
Posted by: rda100 - 2015-02-16, 22:30 - Forum: LDraw File Processing and Conversion - Replies (4)

Hi all.

I want to write a script for Modo that parses the ldr file for exported models. I'll use the info to instance and position parts I've already imported and cleaned up in Modo.
I kind of understand the file format eg
1 72 0.097007982432842255 -8.004612922668457 -59.886787414550781 1 0 0 0 1 0 0 0 1 4282.dat
I understand the 1 and 72 and the 4282.dat, but I'm more used to seeing position, rotation and scale values which the other values don't seem to fit the pattern of (too many numbers).

Anyone care to enlighten me? Would be greatly appreciated.
Many thanks
Rob

Print this item

Minecraft parts
Posted by: Alexandre Bourdais - 2015-02-15, 23:09 - Forum: Parts Authoring - Replies (9)

Hello,

I'm starting to create the parts that I find in the Minecraft sets.
I started by this one but I don't know how to name it :
[Image: 6097032.jpg]

I think it should start with some "3003***.dat"...

Print this item

LEGO-related LDraw part integration (e.g. SBrick)
Posted by: Trevor Sandy - 2015-02-15, 20:04 - Forum: General LDraw.org Discussion - Replies (1)

Products like Smart Brick will only grow in the future as 'the start-up culture', 3D printing and mechatronic proficiency become more widespread.

Perhaps the LDraw steering committee, and community in general, should proactively define if, how and when these LEGO-related products will be incorporated into the LDraw platform. Specifically - the process and policies for submission, integration and distribution.

Several LDraw-specific tools (e.g. BrickUtils) use the library files (official and unofficial) by download directly from LDraw.org, for these applications it is not straightforward to integrate custom parts such as the SBrick.

Regards,
Trevor

Print this item

Problem with ldglite
Posted by: Frank Engel - 2015-02-15, 13:56 - Forum: LDraw Editors and Viewers - Replies (2)

hi to all,
I just compiled ldglite (v 1.2.4) on my Raspberry Pi, that worked.
When I start it from commandline, the log seems to be OK, but the content of the window that opened is not changed.
Left click iterates through the steps (I can see it in the log), but nothing happens on the screen.
Right click: the windows is completely blank, no menu or anything.
I compiled it on my desktop computer (ubuntu 14.10): the same result.

I remember that I had similar issues 10 years ago and it had something to do with framebuffer.
But I don't find any information in www nowadays.

Is anybody out there who can give me a hint to get a step further?
e.g.where can I find a doc for cmdline-options ?
EDIT:
I can use it in batch mode, it creates pictures from my example mpd-file.
So it's really just a screen output problem.
/EDIT

thank you very much in advance,
regards,
frank

Print this item

Misused primitives.
Posted by: Magnus Forsberg - 2015-02-15, 13:18 - Forum: Official File Specifications/Standards - Replies (3)

Have you found a misused primitive?
Let us know in this thread, and we will fix it.

In a discussion about adding connectivity information to parts based on the primititves, it was pointed out that many parts 'misuse' primitives. They have been

Mario Pascucci Wrote:used as a geometric shape definition library, with defined primitives used as shape shortcut, sometime regardless the primitive meaning and defined purposes.

This thread gathers examples, as suggested here.

Print this item