Welcome, Guest
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username

Password

(Advanced Search)

Forum Statistics
» Members: 4,074
» Latest member: Del Valle
» Forum threads: 5,524
» Forum posts: 47,471

Full Statistics

Online Users
There are currently 653 online users.
» 1 Member(s) | 647 Guest(s)
Applebot, Bing, Facebook, Google, Yandex, Camdenha

Latest Threads
[split] New Sticker Sheet...
Forum: Parts Tracker Discussion
Last Post: Orion Pobursky
3 hours ago
» Replies: 7
» Views: 42
03 May 2024 "500 Server E...
11 hours ago
» Replies: 1
» Views: 40
Starting into Parts Autho...
Forum: Parts Authoring
Last Post: Cam's Bricks
Yesterday, 1:20
» Replies: 0
» Views: 53
Suffix codes
Yesterday, 1:01
» Views: 34
Eyesight on Linux
Forum: Rendering Techniques
Last Post: Sylvain Sauvage
2024-05-02, 14:52
» Views: 60
Custom parts/stickers for...
Forum: Help
Last Post: Willy Tschager
2024-05-02, 10:19
» Replies: 1
» Views: 111
WeDo 2.0 electronics
Forum: Part Requests
Last Post: Dmitry
2024-05-02, 5:14
» Replies: 23
» Views: 35,907
Rendering error/scratchy ...
Forum: LDraw Editors and Viewers
Last Post: Thomas Turgyt
2024-05-01, 20:39
» Views: 61
New parts from Lego Instr...
Forum: Parts Authoring
Last Post: Vincent Messenet
2024-05-01, 20:10
» Replies: 43
» Views: 8,097
LDraw meeting in Billund ...
Forum: General LDraw.org Discussion
Last Post: Willy Tschager
2024-05-01, 12:46
» Replies: 6
» Views: 400

Blender questions
Posted by: Michael Horvath - 2015-08-07, 4:44 - Forum: LDraw File Processing and Conversion - No Replies

I have a couple of questions regarding Blender:

1. When you export a multi-model scene (such as an MPD file or other file with sub-models) to Blender, is the result a single large object? Or can each model be modified individually?
2. Which versions of LDraw parts get exported? Low resolution or high resolution?
3. Can I create scripts or macros in Blender that generate meshes? For instance, a script that generates a road surface in the shape of a spline?
4. Which is the best tool to export to Blender at the current time?

Print this item

LPUB: Spacing steps on a single page
Posted by: Jetro de Château - 2015-08-06, 15:52 - Forum: LDraw File Processing and Conversion - Replies (3)

I'm trying to figure out how to better space multiple steps on a single page.
By default LPUB will centre the steps on the page, but I would like them to be more evenly spaced.
Where should I look for a local value that will help me to increase distance beteen steps? Or is there a better way to do this?

Print this item

Road generator
Posted by: Michael Horvath - 2015-08-02, 22:09 - Forum: LDraw Editors and Viewers - No Replies

A long time ago I created a POV-Ray road generator.

http://lib.povray.org/searchcollection/i...Tag=SharkD

I was wondering if someone could create a native LDraw version of it. I'm not that familiar with parts authoring or "real" programming languages.

The tricky bits are the center dashes, so they could be omitted I guess.

Thanks!

[edit]

P.S. I also could never figure out how to calculate the proper amount of banking around a curve given a certain speed limit.

Print this item

AIOI 2015-01 Beta
Posted by: Willy Tschager - 2015-08-01, 15:57 - Forum: All Other Programs. - Replies (9)

Hi,

a beta of the LDraw All-In-One-Installer 2015-01 can be found here:

http://www.holly-wood.it/tmp/LDraw_AIOI_...bit_v1.zip

This AIOI does no longer contain SR3D as well as Sticker Generator. LPub has been upgraded to LPub3D. Please note that the LDraw Parts Library as well as LGEO haven't been updated so far. This beta focuses mainly on the LPub3D upgrade.

Please test and send me your .logs, which can be found in the c:\Windows\LDraw folder, if you encounter any errors.

Thanks, w.

Print this item

Thoughts on part (shadow) editing directly in LDCad
Posted by: Roland Melkert - 2015-07-30, 22:31 - Forum: LDraw Editors and Viewers - No Replies

Hi all,

I'm (finally) nearing the end of implementing file reloading in LDCad 1.5 which leaves only one major 1.5 feature to add; namely editing shadow (part snapping) information.

This means I'm basically adding a (very basic) part editing mode to the main editor. I don't want to go full part editing support with LDCad (as LDPartEditor and others are much better at it) but I'm open to suggestions on part reviewing options etc.

so if anyone has some ideas on this, feel free to let me know as I'm still in the planing stage of this feature meaning everything is fair game Smile

screen shot of a part being edited in the current editor (it's readonly and a bit of hack still though).

Some notes:
Part editing will only be available after enabling an 'advanced' option.
The shadow source and the part's source are shown joined as that is the way they are loaded/compiled internally. I'll add some separation line or something though.
Visualization of the snap data is the temporary one (available through F11 in the alpha's) and will be replaced by nicer / interactive ones.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Print this item

LDConfig.ldr
Posted by: Roland Melkert - 2015-07-26, 21:37 - Forum: Official File Specifications/Standards - Replies (2)

Hello all,

Just wanted to share some thoughts about the current LDraw colors / LDConfig.ldr

The thing is I think we need additional 'material types' to be used with new colors.

Take for example rope, people usually use black (0) but imho it should have its own number with a 'nylon' finish just as 256 has a 'rubber' finish.

And speaking of rubber the modern pneumatic hoses in technic sets seem to use a more plastic like rubber, I think those need a different 'finish' too.

And a minor thing: Shouldn't the file use dos line breaks instead of Linux ones as dictated by the standard?

Thoughts?

Print this item

6596: Tire 81.6 x 14.2 Motorcycle Z Racing Tread
Posted by: Alexander Holroyd - 2015-07-26, 21:12 - Forum: Part Requests - Replies (2)

It would be wonderful if some kind person could produce this tire. Even a simplified version would be very helpful. It is very similar to 2902: Tire 81.6 x 15 Motorcycle, except that it has smooth tread.

[Image: 6596.jpg]

Many thanks! Alexander

Print this item

LPub3D 1.2.0 - available for download
Posted by: Trevor Sandy - 2015-07-20, 20:00 - Forum: LDraw Editors and Viewers - Replies (7)

Greetings,

I've completed some more updates and enhancements from mostly community requests. The media is ready but SourceForge is not allowing uploads as they are still recovering from a major disaster. I'll upload as soon as Sf allows.

Media uploaded to SourceForge.net. You can update directly from LPub3D Help, Check for update...

Here are the completed items:

LPub3D 1.2.0.388.2

Features and enhancements
------------
-Sort PLI/BOM by part size (default), colour and category
-Improved model navigation - display selected model from model drop-down. Ignored 'meta=IGN'
submodels are not displayed even though they are in the drop-down list because they are
not assigned a page number. Previous behavior only displayed the model file in the LDraw editor.
-Display LDraw colour code on BOM/PLI tooltip - now showing colour description, colour code and
part description.
-Go To Page navigation combo box - allow page navigation using drop-down box.
-Show progress bar during display page processing/navigation etc...
-Text strings can now accomodate double quotes using escape character '\' - e.g. This \"Fat\" MOC
will display: This "Fat" MOC. For now, edits must always include the escape character '\'.

-CHANGE: Move PLI annotations settings to PLI/BOM Setup preferences.

-Fix: When changing the font on added text, the dialog starts with MS Shell Dlg 2 size 12.
The dialog now starts with display of the actual font perameters being changed.
-Fix: Change to PLI Times Used attribue on multi-step page now affects only the selected step.
when use local option selected.
-Fix: Change to PLI Text Annotation attribue on multi-step page now affects only the selected step.
-Fix: Change to PLI Background attribue on multi-step page now affects only the selected step.
-Fix: Change to PLI Border attribue on multi-step page now affects only the selected step.
-Fix: Change to Step number attribue on multi-step page now affects only the selected step. PARTIAL - Use
local selection still not working.

Screenshots:

.png   02.png (Size: 40.97 KB / Downloads: 0)

Cheers,
Trevor

Print this item

Running DATHeader without UI
Posted by: Ronald Vallenduuk - 2015-07-18, 0:27 - Forum: Parts Author Tools - Replies (4)

Is it possible to run DATHeader without the UI? I know there's a command line option but that still just starts the normal application.
Inspired by some of the build and deploy automation we use in work, what I'd like to do is set up a Powershell script that runs DATHeader every time I save a file and writes the report to a specified location.
Is that currently possible? Is it a feature you could implement in a future version?

Print this item

11289 Windscreen
Posted by: Tyler Clites - 2015-07-17, 21:01 - Forum: Part Requests - Replies (8)

Looking for someone to create part 11298.

[Image: 11289.jpg]

Print this item