Known errors: none
Note: No LPub Formatting

No OMR compliance?

w.

Not tested it yet. Sorry.  
Will check it, as soon as possible.
If nothing goes right, go left.
RE: 42084 - Hook Loader
About OMR compliance: specification is here. But managing the nitty-gritty details can be painful, fortunately two tools are here to help.
One is MPDCenter, you can find a short tutorial describing OMR preparation here.
The other way is to use LDCad cleanup function (File -> Cleanup). Below the dialog box for your model. BTW, if you don't have a long MLCad practice, I suggest that you try LDCad, it's so much easier to use, especially for Technic models...
Your file is attached here, "omrized". One final note: there is no such thing as 6538c part, proper number is 59443 (and there is no 6538c.dat in LDraw library)

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

.mpd   42084 - Hook Loader.mpd (Size: 14.45 KB / Downloads: 5)
(2018-01-01, 15:04)Philippe Hurbain Wrote: About OMR compliance: specification is here.

Have read it.

(2018-01-01, 15:04)Philippe Hurbain Wrote: But managing the nitty-gritty details can be painful, fortunately two tools are here to help.
One is MPDCenter, you can find a short tutorial describing OMR preparation here.

Cool Tool.

(2018-01-01, 15:04)Philippe Hurbain Wrote: The other way is to use LDCad cleanup function (File -> Cleanup). Below the dialog box for your model. BTW, if you don't have a long MLCad practice, I suggest that you try LDCad, it's so much easier to use, especially for Technic models...

Clean up function is verygood. (easy to use)

I tried LDCad, but it is too cluttered for me because I always used MLCad from the beginning. (about 4 years ago)
Does LDCad support LPub Metacommands?
The part snaping is interesting.

(2018-01-01, 15:04)Philippe Hurbain Wrote: One final note: there is no such thing as 6538c part, proper number is 59443 (and there is no 6538c.dat in LDraw library)
I copied the 59443 to 6538c, because "BrickStock" great an error while making the Partlist and I had to change the part 59443 to 6538c hand by hand.

Regards
Johann
(2018-01-01, 19:52)Johann Eisner Wrote: Clean up function is verygood. (easy to use)

I tried LDCad, but it is too cluttered for me because I always used MLCad from the beginning. (about 4 years ago)
Does LDCad support LPub Metacommands?
The part snaping is interesting.

What do you mean exactly with support for LPub commands? There isn't really support for the workings of the metas, but it properly recognizes it as (LPub) meta commands.

(2018-01-01, 19:52)Johann Eisner Wrote: I copied the 59443 to 6538c, because "BrickStock" great an error while making the Partlist and I had to change the part 59443 to 6538c hand by hand.

Regards
Johann

Brickstock doesn't have a very good (if at all?) LDraw -> Bricklink part mapping. If you want to create a parts list from an LDraw file, I can recommend using Rebrickable. It has a very extensive mapping between LDraw and Bricklink and works pretty well in my experience Smile
(2018-01-02, 10:05)Merlijn Wissink Wrote: Brickstock doesn't have a very good (if at all?) LDraw -> Bricklink part mapping. If you want to create a parts list from an LDraw file, I can recommend using Rebrickable. It has a very extensive mapping between LDraw and Bricklink and works pretty well in my experience Smile
...and anyway it's a bad idea to share a model that contains parts available only on your computer! You could possibly embed it in the mpd, but the best is to use the right part when it exists.
(2018-01-02, 10:13)Philippe Hurbain Wrote:
(2018-01-02, 10:05)Merlijn Wissink Wrote: Brickstock doesn't have a very good (if at all?) LDraw -> Bricklink part mapping. If you want to create a parts list from an LDraw file, I can recommend using Rebrickable. It has a very extensive mapping between LDraw and Bricklink and works pretty well in my experience Smile
...and anyway it's a bad idea to share a model that contains parts available only on your computer! You could possibly embed it in the mpd, but the best is to use the right part when it exists.

Will reinstall my parts library to remove these parts.
How can I embed parts in MLCaD?
For example, I have drawn pneumatic hoses to display them in LPub's PLI.
(2018-01-02, 10:05)Merlijn Wissink Wrote: What do you mean exactly with support for LPub commands? There isn't really support for the workings of the metas, but it properly recognizes it as (LPub) meta commands.

When I draw instructions, I use for example following Metacommands: !LPUB BUFEXCHG, !LPUB BART BEGIN IGN, !LPUB PART END; !LPUB CALLOUT BEGIN; !LPUB MULTI STEP BEGIN, !LPUB MULTISTEP DIVIDER,...
To get instruction they look like lego instruction respectively so they are easy to build and detailed.
(2018-01-02, 14:09)Johann Eisner Wrote: How can I embed parts in MLCaD?

Multipart -> Import model

But MPDCenter does a far better job. Taking for granted that you didn't mix unofficials with officials:

* Add the unofficial folder path in the options.
* Load the model
* Import -> Import unofficial files

w.
LEGO ergo sum
(2018-01-02, 17:22)Willy Tschager Wrote:
(2018-01-02, 14:09)Johann Eisner Wrote: How can I embed parts in MLCaD?

Multipart -> Import model

But MPDCenter does a far better job. Taking for granted that you didn't mix unofficials with officials:

* Add the unofficial folder path in the options.
* Load the model
* Import -> Import unofficial files

w.

Thanks again Willy
42074 - Racing Yacht
[Image: 42074.jpg]
Download MPD (OMR compliant)
Known errors: No stickers.
Textures for the sails (to be placed in your LDraw\parts\textures folder) are available here - direct links (1) (2).
Done with LDCad 1.6a
42078 - Mack Anthem
[Image: 42078.jpg]
Known errors: No stickers, Mack dog mascott replaced with a frog+axle.
Done with LDCad 1.6a
RE: 42078 - Mack Anthem
Oh, the frog! Smile
RE: 42078 - Mack Anthem
Croak, croak!
42072 - WHAST!
[Image: 800x600.jpg]
Known errors: No stickers
Done with MLCaD 3.5
42073 - BASH!

Done with MLCaD 3.5
42075 - First Responder
[Image: 42075.jpg]

Done with LDCad 1.6a
42077 - Rally Car
[Image: 42077.png]
Done with LDCad 1.6a
42078 - B-model - Dump Truck
[Image: 42078_-_b-model_-_dump_truck.png]
Done with LDCad 1.6a
42076 - Hovercraft
[Image: 42076.png]
Done with LDCad 1.6a
42071 - Dozer Compactor
[Image: 42071.png]
Done with LDCad 1.6a
RE: 42071 - Dozer Compactor
(2018-03-10, 10:07)Philippe Hurbain jest Wrote: awesome, ones I made somethink like that, but this is really great. How longu did you made it??
42083 - Bugatti Chiron Black

Download MPD
Known errors: No stickers, not official colors
Done with LDCad 1.6a

There are definitely fault in this model and it also has no steps since I based this model on the speed build YouTube video from AustrianLegoFan.
I also preferred these colors from the two tone Blue in the official model.

Technically I've group all the axles in separate groups, so it should be (for someone more experienced then me) easy to animate.
RE: Technic 2018
(2018-06-28, 14:41)Kevin Hendirckx Wrote: There are definitely fault in this model and it also has no steps since I based this model on the speed build YouTube video from AustrianLegoFan.
I also preferred these colors from the two tone Blue in the official model.

Technically I've group all the axles in separate groups, so it should be (for someone more experienced then me) easy to animate.
And I guess that the rotating catch is missing Wink Not yet received my part, but I should get it real soon now.
The round tile 1x1 with Bugatti logo on the wheels are missing too (but they are on PT!)

I'm also in the process of virtually build the Chiron from BIs so there will be a choice (though  I don't strictly respect official stepping)!

More seriously, I have an issue with some parts that are wrongly oriented (Technic Beam 1 and blaster used to support rear red flex). Are you sure that your library is up-to-date?

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

(2018-06-28, 18:14)Philippe Hurbain Wrote: More seriously, I have an issue with some parts that are wrongly oriented (Technic Beam 1 and blaster used to support rear red flex). Are you sure that your library is up-to-date?
Forget it, the problem is on MY side!!! I'll investigate... I think that, as I simply downloaded the mpd and viewed it directly in LDCad, it was stored in my temp folder that probably contained a few ooooold part files that were used for viewing.
42083 - Bugatti Chiron
[Image: 42083.png]
Done with LDCad 1.6b
RE: 42083 - Bugatti Chiron
This guy has definitely too much spare time :-) What about the stickers, Philo? Looks like a perfect task for long, dark evenings. You know, winter is coming.

w.
LEGO ergo sum
(2018-09-13, 14:28)Philippe Hurbain Wrote: [Image: 42083.png]
Done with LDCad 1.6b
Awsome, looks better then my version :p
only 2 things I can spot is perhaps that the long flexible hose along the doors seems to take some strange curves... Also, am not sure about this one though since I don't own the model, but shouldn't the technic beam 15 above the windshield be tilted a little bit down by the blue flex hose running over the back? This bar should be able to pivot freely around the "axle" just behind it.

Other then that, marvelous model...
I remember that especially the rear wing structure was a royal pain in the *** :p
Side flex seems relatively "natural" to me... But indeed I overlooked orientation of front windshield bar. Corrected in the model, but too lazy to change render...
Quote:I remember that especially the rear wing structure was a royal pain in the *** :p
Sides of windshield were no trivial either... But at least this model doesn't depend on flexibility, as did 42077 rally car (yuck!)
I would like to also contribute to the 2018 models. It took me a few weeks, but here it is:

[Image: meJG5NC.png]
[Image: SWamWMx.png]
[Image: YtwJSLa.png]

I tried to be OMR compliant, but MPDCenter says it is not OMR compliant without telling me the reason.
Because of my little experience, I assume there are still some errors. Could you spot any errors?
The .mpd file is attached.

Update: I followed the steps below and now the file is OMR compliant.

Attached Files
.mpd   42082 - Rough Terrain Crane.mpd (Size: 2.79 MB / Downloads: 32)
(2018-09-23, 7:46)Charles Farmer Wrote: I would like to also contribute to the 2018 models. It took me a few weeks, but here it is:

[Image: meJG5NC.png]
[Image: SWamWMx.png]
[Image: YtwJSLa.png]

I tried to be OMR compliant, but MPDCenter says it is not OMR compliant without telling me the reason.
Because of my little experience, I assume there are still some errors. Could you spot any errors?

Great model! Thank you for sharing this.

Yes, the Quickcheck of MPDCenter tells you that all is ok, but there is a window telling you "It is not OMR conform".

Some tests are not made for the quicktest. For a deeper analysis please use the menu command "Informations" and then "LDraw OMR Check".

Then you get the reason: Contains references to '~Moved to' files.

To make the file OMR conform you now need to use the menu command "Edit" - "Update '~Moved to' references".

After that your file is OMR conform according MPDCenter.

cu
Mikeheide
(2018-09-23, 7:46)Charles Farmer Wrote: I tried to be OMR compliant, but MPDCenter says it is not OMR compliant without telling me the reason.
You can use LDCad's cleanup feature to remove the ~moved references.

Just be sure to disable all of the header options as your usage of "Step X" descriptions in the submodels will cause the feature to handle them as step meta's.
You are welcome! And thanks, you are completely right and now it is OMR conform Smile
(2018-09-23, 18:19)Roland Melkert Wrote: You can use LDCad's cleanup feature to remove the ~moved references.

Ah thanks, how could I miss that? I actually used the cleanup function, but I didn't check the right checkbox.

(2018-09-23, 18:19)Roland Melkert Wrote: Just be sure to disable all of the header options as your usage of "Step X" descriptions in the submodels will cause the feature to handle them as step meta's.

I see. Probably it is not the best idea to using "Step X" descriptions for all my submodels...
(2018-09-23, 7:46)Charles Farmer Wrote: I would like to also contribute to the 2018 models. It took me a few weeks, but here it is:

I just noticed the rope spindle, that must have been fun to model Big Grin

I have been thinking about a special guidance point (besides bezier and circle) to ease that up since 1.5 though.
(2018-09-24, 17:31)Roland Melkert Wrote: I just noticed the rope spindle, that must have been fun to model Big Grin  

I have been thinking about a special guidance point (besides bezier and circle) to ease that up since 1.5 though.

Thanks for noticing! It took me a while, but it helped that I only created four guidance points in LDcad after which I added the other guidance points by editing the file in a text editor.

BTW, I think many people told you already, but you did an awesome job with creating LDcad. I think it is very well thought through!
42079 - Heavy Duty Forklift
Download MPD (OMR compliant)
Done with LDCad 1.6b

Special thanks to Philo for his short introduction for solving an angle problem and for the hint to the POV export functions of LDCad.
RE: 42071 - Dozer Compactor - Articulated Truck
Done with LDCad 1.6b
RE: 42071 - Dozer Compactor - Articulated Truck
Ah, I see you used diffuse light... Wink
42080 - Forest Harvester
[Image: 42080.jpg]
Done with LDCad 1.6b
Rendered with Studio 2.0
42081 - Volvo Concept Wheel Loader ZEUX
[Image: 42081.png]
Done with LDCad 1.6b
Rendered with Studio 2.0
42082 - Rough Terrain Crane
The best way to really know a model is to build it... As I don't have the physical thing, here is my version of LDraw model!
[Image: 42082.jpg]
Done with LDCad 1.6b
Rendered with Studio 2.0
RE: 42076 - Hovercraft
(2018-03-08, 19:11)Philippe Hurbain Wrote: Download MPD (OMR compliant)
Done with LDCad 1.6a

MPD is not OMR compliant.
OMR compliant file is now in the OMR.
(2018-03-10, 10:07)Philippe Hurbain Wrote: Download MPD (OMR compliant)
Done with LDCad 1.6a

MPD is not OMR compliant
(2018-12-09, 16:36)Johann Eisner Wrote:
(2018-03-10, 10:07)Philippe Hurbain Wrote: Download MPD (OMR compliant)
Done with LDCad 1.6a

MPD is not OMR compliant

Mmh, maybe I uploaded the wrong file?! Sorry for that and thanks for fixing.
(2018-12-09, 17:58)Max Martin Richter Wrote:
(2018-12-09, 16:36)Johann Eisner Wrote: MPD is not OMR compliant

Mmh, maybe I uploaded the wrong file?! Sorry for that and thanks for fixing.

Hi
Not your file was wrong. The file from Philo had a mistake. Maybe I reply to a wrong post.  Undecided
(2018-12-09, 16:33)Johann Eisner Wrote: MPD is not OMR compliant.
Thanks, Johann. Probably in both case I failed to check something in LDCad... This seconds my wish of "profile" selection in LDCad file cleanup (eg. an OMR profile)
(2018-12-09, 19:33)Philippe Hurbain Wrote: Thanks, Johann. Probably in both case I failed to check something in LDCad... This seconds my wish of "profile" selection in LDCad file cleanup (eg. an OMR profile)

It's on my 1.6c list, but I'm a bit short on time at the moment. Also having to check 500+ parts for snap info doesn't help ether Big Grin
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »