Welcome, Guest
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username

Password

(Advanced Search)

Forum Statistics
» Members: 4,035
» Latest member: Leszek
» Forum threads: 5,503
» Forum posts: 47,356

Full Statistics

Online Users
There are currently 696 online users.
» 3 Member(s) | 687 Guest(s)
Applebot, Baidu, Bing, Facebook, Google, Yandex, Anthony, Jose Alfonso, Leszek

Latest Threads
Part request: 50986pb003 ...
Forum: Part Requests
Last Post: Rene Rechthaler
10 hours ago
» Replies: 3
» Views: 50
Technic 2019
Forum: Official Models
Last Post: Paweł Turalski
Yesterday, 17:02
» Replies: 36
» Views: 29,103
2024/2025 LDraw.org Steer...
Forum: LDraw.org Announcements
Last Post: Takeshi Takahashi
Yesterday, 14:49
» Replies: 40
» Views: 2,391
Part request: 553pb032 - ...
Last Post: Franklin W. Cain
Yesterday, 14:27
» Replies: 1
» Views: 41
Studio Connectivity Data
Forum: LDraw Editors and Viewers
Last Post: Cam's Bricks
2024-04-18, 20:13
» Replies: 22
» Views: 7,652
Creator 2023
Last Post: Marc Giraudet
2024-04-18, 19:29
» Replies: 2
» Views: 185
2024-03 update will be on...
Forum: Parts Tracker Discussion
Last Post: Steffen
2024-04-18, 18:19
» Replies: 2
» Views: 138
Calculate the individual ...
Forum: Off-Topic
Last Post: Manfred Schaefer
2024-04-18, 17:15
» Replies: 3
» Views: 316
Technic 1982
Last Post: Takeshi Takahashi
2024-04-18, 14:50
» Replies: 11
» Views: 2,504
Part request: 18392pb04 -...
Last Post: Anthony
2024-04-18, 8:06
» Replies: 0
» Views: 64

Snapping problem
Posted by: Jason McReynolds - 2015-10-07, 21:29 - Forum: LDraw Editors and Viewers - Replies (4)

I've played with the Lego Digital Designer, and like some aspects of it, and others drive me nuts. One thing that I like is that it does a pretty good job with snapping pieces together. I'm also playing with LDCad, which is awesome, but I'm noticing some weird behavior and I'm not sure if it's specific to LDraw or LDCad. Here's what I've noticed:

The "Technic pneumatic T-piece Type 2" (4697b) does not appear to snap to the "headlight" hole on the front of "Brick 1 x 1 with headlight" (4070). However, it works just fine on "Brick 1 x 1 with stud on one side" (87087). Also, 4697b snaps just fine to the front hole on "Brick 1 x 1 with studs on four sides" (4733), but will not snap to any of the other holes. This is regardless of the axis stepping that I choose.

Is this by design, or should it snap to any of the holes in any of the bricks I mentioned?

I'm using LDCad v1.4 and the latest version of LDraw library (not sure exactly how to find the version of that), but I installed it using the AIOI about a week ago.

Print this item

LDCad reset grid plane/axis
Posted by: Jason McReynolds - 2015-10-07, 4:18 - Forum: LDraw Editors and Viewers - Replies (5)

Hello, I'm new to these forums and LDraw Editors in general. I've been using LDCad 1.4 and am really liking it. Is there a way to reset the grid plane/axis to the "default" orientation? I haven't been able to find anything, sorry if I've missed it, I've devoured a lot of information about all this stuff over the past week and could have missed it. Smile Thanks!

Print this item

p/48/4-4ering.dat
Posted by: Damien Roux - 2015-10-05, 18:29 - Forum: Part Requests - Replies (11)

Hi there,

Maybe this adresses mainly to Philo as he created the p/4-4ering primitive.

Would it be possible to get a Hi-Res 48 version of this primitive?

Thanks a lot.

Print this item

LPUB3D problems
Posted by: Knud Ahrnell Albrechtsen - 2015-10-05, 10:53 - Forum: LDraw Editors and Viewers - Replies (21)

Hi

I have just installed LPUB3D and i have run into a couple problem with it.
The first is that when I change from standard document size to LEGAL and the orientation of the document is Landscape, the partlist stays in the middle of the page and I can't get it to move automatically to the upper left corner of the document.
How can I fix this, without having to move them all by hand ?

The other problem is when choosing POV-Ray as default editor.
POV-RAY complains about parsing commandline.
Any idea what to do about this - other than choosing another default renderer Smile
I have attached a screendump of the error.
I should be running the latest version of POV-Ray.

/Knud

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Print this item

Main site is down
Posted by: Orion Pobursky - 2015-10-04, 18:10 - Forum: LDraw.org Announcements - Replies (4)

The main LDraw.org website is down due to technical issues. I'm working the resolve this a soon as I can. The Forums, Parts Tracker, and Wiki should be unaffected since they use different software

-Orion

Print this item

Latest forum posts
Posted by: Santeri Piippo - 2015-10-04, 10:53 - Forum: Website Suggestions/Requests/Discussion - Replies (2)

Is it just me or have the "latest Forum posts" disappeared from the website? The heading is there but the posts aren't.

[Image: wdHv1rDs.png]

Print this item

Unofficial LDraw skype Group
Posted by: Michael Nelson - 2015-10-01, 2:00 - Forum: General LDraw.org Discussion - Replies (4)

Hello everyone,

I've been looking deep into these forums and reading the legals and the organization lists and figuring out why on earth its been months if not years since a meaningful discussion on these forums.

As such, i am opening up a skype group for anyone who wishes to join in and have some fun.

My goals here are to engage the LDraw community and find meaningful ways to help out anyone and everyone, become a member of the board and find ways to improve, excite, and expand the community so more can enjoy a simply amazing way to play Legos!

To find the skype group, just click the group below (remove the "*'s"

htt*ps://join.skype.co*m/BYDZbcVvJuOy*

If there is an existing group i would be happy to join there, but i've not seen one here so ill just create one now Smile

Print this item

What settings does LPub use when rendering with LDView
Posted by: Jaco van der Molen - 2015-09-30, 7:02 - Forum: LDraw Editors and Viewers - Replies (2)

Hi all,

Maybe a strange question from me, but what settings does LPub use when rendering with LDView?
I've never been able to figure that out after all these years working with LPub (original and now LPub3D).

I have more PC's that run LDraw where I produce instructions and I am under the impressions it is different on every manchine, though the LDraw installation is pretty standard.
Also the resolution of the screen seems to affect the width/height of the images.
Where on one machine all assemblies fit nicely on the page, rendering the same LDraw file on another machine the images are either bigger (alas don't fit anymore) or are smaller.

Is there a way to force LPub(3D) what LDView settings it uses?

Thanks.

Print this item

Assistance in installing
Posted by: Michael Nelson - 2015-09-30, 2:30 - Forum: Help - Replies (5)

Hello everyone,

This is my first post here so ill add a quick introduction of myself:

Hello all, my name here is Home Brew (aka Michael Nelson) I am a gamer, but also a 3D modeler, using programs such as Blender and photoshop to produce coolish models, ive found LDraw looking to rebuild a LEGO set from when i was younger, the 4743 Ice Blade from the Alpha Team theme.

So with that in mind the default LDraw build does not come with 6 pieces that i need to complete and i've not found enough resources to rebuild these pieces from scratch.

If someone could help me figure out how to install the .dat files from the unofficial list of parts it would be great!

(Also as a extra note, i need parts #47846 #4868b #4869 #44032 #44034 and #47843

Included below is a picture of how far i've completed, and a extra image of a custom lego figure hailing from the dropped LEGO Universe game from 2010-2012:

[Image: lego5.png?psid=1]

[Image: lego8.png?psid=1]

Print this item

Part annotation in LPub3D
Posted by: Jaco van der Molen - 2015-09-29, 10:12 - Forum: LDraw Editors and Viewers - Replies (8)

Hi all,

Through regular expressions the part annotation can be extracted from the part description.
I'd like the annotation for Technic Bricks to be only the length (like beams).
The regex now is ^Technic Brick\s+(\d+\s+(x|X)\s+\d+\s*(x*|X*)\s*\d*\.*\d*)\s*.*$
This extracts the full size of the brick, ie. Technice Brick 1 x 16 gives "1 x 16".
What I'd like is only the 16.
How do I do that?

Thanks.

Print this item