Welcome, Guest
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username

Password

(Advanced Search)

Forum Statistics
» Members: 4,088
» Latest member: RoseHappy
» Forum threads: 5,530
» Forum posts: 47,494

Full Statistics

Online Users
There are currently 618 online users.
» 1 Member(s) | 612 Guest(s)
Applebot, Bing, Facebook, Google, Yandex, Bertrand Lequy

Latest Threads
Patterned parts pictures ...
Forum: Parts Authoring
Last Post: Bertrand Lequy
4 minutes ago
» Replies: 0
» Views: 2
OMR down?
Forum: General LDraw.org Discussion
Last Post: Lasse Deleuran
15 minutes ago
» Replies: 5
» Views: 1,117
Model Team
Forum: Official Models
Last Post: Takeshi Takahashi
3 hours ago
» Replies: 25
» Views: 25,623
Castle parts
Forum: Part Requests
Last Post: Gerald Lasser
5 hours ago
» Replies: 1
» Views: 52
Boat Connectors for Hull ...
Forum: Parts Authoring
Last Post: samson williams
11 hours ago
» Replies: 2
» Views: 147
need help!
Forum: General LDraw.org Discussion
Last Post: Willy Tschager
Yesterday, 11:38
» Views: 153
Architecture Theme
Last Post: N. W. Perry
2024-05-06, 22:41
» Replies: 167
» Views: 286,217
Star Wars 2024
Last Post: Orion Pobursky
2024-05-06, 20:18
» Views: 231
[LDPatternCreator] Releas...
Forum: Parts Author Tools
Last Post: Philippe Hurbain
2024-05-05, 17:57
» Views: 219
LDraw.org 2024-03 Parts U...
Forum: LDraw.org Announcements
Last Post: kanjanavijit
2024-05-05, 8:48
» Replies: 5
» Views: 650

How to export LDD files as a .dat?
Posted by: Neil - 2016-03-18, 18:45 - Forum: Part Requests - Replies (1)

Hello, everyone!
LDD has been recently updated, and I've been trying to get some of the new parts (that are not in LDraw already) out of it and into LDraw format (namely .dat).
However, I have been unable to figure out how to do so. I've tried the LDD2LDRAW add-on from digital-bricks.de, but it did not seem to work (among other error messages, I got
0 parts mapped.
0 parts had an unknown Material; Used Main Color 16 instead.
0 parts unknown.
0 parts defect (cann't be read correctly).
0 parts are not created for LDraw yet.
0 parts are waiting on the Parts Tracker.
Would anyone here be willing to let me know how to get these parts into .dat format?
Many thanks,
LegoSW

Print this item

Basic Train parts
Posted by: Lutz Fricke - 2016-03-18, 14:16 - Forum: Part Requests - Replies (2)

Hi,

first of all a kudos to all of you working on LDraw. What a great platform. When I thought about drawing LEGO-instructions the first time, I didn't expect to find a community like this on the internet. Wow!

I'm finishing my first project and missed these parts in the library:
Train Base 6 x 24 with 2 Square Cutouts and 3 Round Holes Each End, Re-Enforced on Bottomside (http://alpha.bricklink.com/pages/clone/c...6#T=C&C=85)
Train Buffer Beam with Sealed Magnets - Type 2 (flat bottom) (http://alpha.bricklink.com/pages/clone/c...5#T=C&C=11)
Train Wheel RC Train, Metal Axle (http://alpha.bricklink.com/pages/clone/c...9#T=C&C=22)

Maybe there's some time to add them to the library.

Thanx a lot,
Lutz

Print this item

LPub3D, BufferExchange with CallOut
Posted by: Lutz Fricke - 2016-03-18, 13:53 - Forum: LDraw Editors and Viewers - Replies (1)

Hi,

I'm quiet new at building LEGO digitally. When I was younger, it was more the manually trial and error way :-).
For my 6 years old boy I started to build little Upgrades for his LEGO. So I decided to build a station waggon in the design of his goods train. I just took the middle part of the highspeed-train (60051) and changed the colors and some of the parts, which are not available in the colors I need. Now I'm preparing the instruction and got two minor problems, which I'm not able to solve:

First, I created a CallOut for the bogies and want to show how to fit into the chassis (like it's done in the original instruction. But I don't get it done. I set up the instruction with MLCad and worked with BufferExchange and Ghosts. That worked fine without the Callouts. So I started using LPub3D but I didn't find a way to get it like the original. In the screenshot you can see what I have at the moment.

The second thing you can see in the screenshot as well. The model is quiet dark and it would be better, if the arrows for CallOut would be in an other color. How can I change it?

Thanx for your help,
Lutz

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Print this item

A lot of LEGO textures
Posted by: Gerald Lasser - 2016-03-17, 8:06 - Forum: Parts Authoring - Replies (1)

Did you see this repository of faces and torsi?

https://github.com/rioforce/LEGO-Textures

contains also .SVG files.

Print this item

[LPub3D] Start page count at...
Posted by: Jaco van der Molen - 2016-03-16, 15:26 - Forum: LDraw Editors and Viewers - Replies (2)

Hi Trevor,

I barely dare to ask another wish, but I think this one is not that complicated.
Forgive me if I am wrong.....

Can the page couter be made to start a certain number?
Sometimes building a large model requires to split the instructions in to more than one book (like LEGO does often)
I'd like to start the page number of the next book at the number where I left of in the previous book.

Sorry if I ask too much, but this is one thing I've been looking for long but forgot.

Print this item

Feature request LPub3D - Free shapes
Posted by: Jaco van der Molen - 2016-03-16, 11:30 - Forum: LDraw Editors and Viewers - Replies (2)

Hi Trevor and others,

What do you think of the following idea:

There are several shapes that can be generated by LPub3D.
For example the PLI box and Callout box with their properties like border, background color, etc.

Would it be possible to add these kind of shapes as objects?

Implement as right-click "Add shape > box" or in the Edit menu "Add shape > box"
Maybe a circle too or lines too?

These boxes should be able to have the same properties as the PLI and Callout box, like square or round border, background color or transparent, etc. Position dragable on single step pages or relative to other objects on multi step pages.

Regarding this I have yet another request: would it be possible to be able to reshape existing shapes (using handles like you can do now with the callout arrows and images).
For example I sometimes want a a Callout box to be bigger or otherwise shaped than the generated one.

Print this item

Part request for two "Star Wars" parts
Posted by: Ahmed Elhassan - 2016-03-16, 11:02 - Forum: Part Requests - Replies (5)

I am working on duplicating lego set #75038 Anakin's Jedi Interceptor in LDraw. I have completed most of the main fuselage, but I am missing two critical pieces that don't seem to be available in MLCAD. They are the following two pieces...

Lego Part #6063484, BL part #10312pb01
Windscreen 10 x 6 x 3 Bubble Canopy Double Tapered with Square Front Cutout and Light Bluish Gray Jedi Starfighter, Two Red Triangles on Top Pattern

Lego Part #4252631, BL part #3960pb013
Dish 4 x 4 Inverted (Radar) with Radial Jedi Starfighter Cockpit Pattern

For now I have substituted the dish with a plane undecorated 4 x 4 dish that I have colored trans-clear. However, there is no suitable equivalent for the Windscreen. The closest that I could find is LDRaw part #50986 Windscreen 6 x 10 x 3 Ovoid, but that one is not suitable as a substitute. The set's windscreen has notches at the ends that can fit a 1 x 2 brick, LDRaw part #50986 doesn't have those notches.

Print this item

Importing protocol from CATIA,Solidworks or AutoCAD
Posted by: Elijah - 2016-03-16, 7:09 - Forum: Help - Replies (1)

Hello,

I am a newbie who would like to import my design from CATIA. Can anyone please provide the necessary steams such that i get a ready part for assembly in LeoCAD. Also is there any way for me to import the .DAT file into CATIA for assembly?

Print this item

Latest version of LDView
Posted by: Ahmed Elhassan - 2016-03-16, 2:22 - Forum: General LDraw.org Discussion - Replies (2)

I just downloaded and installed the latest version of the LDraw all in one installer. Every time I open LDView, it prompts me to choose the LDraw model to open. I remember that in previous versions there was some sort of option in the configuration menu that set LDView to automatically open the last model that was viewed in the viewer. Is this setting still there? I haven't been able to find it.

Print this item

LDD Updated
Posted by: Neil - 2016-03-15, 17:21 - Forum: Part Requests - No Replies

Hello, everyone!

LDD, even though it's supposed to be done for, has been updated with many new parts!

I'd appreciate it if Rolf Osterthun could add the new parts (see http://www.lcc.builders/wp-content/uploa...n-2075.pdf) to his website, http://www.digital-bricks.de/en/index.php

Print this item