Welcome, Guest
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username

Password

(Advanced Search)

Forum Statistics
» Members: 4,034
» Latest member: Jack Ko
» Forum threads: 5,503
» Forum posts: 47,356

Full Statistics

Online Users
There are currently 593 online users.
» 0 Member(s) | 588 Guest(s)
Applebot, Baidu, Bing, Google, Yandex

Latest Threads
Part request: 50986pb003 ...
Forum: Part Requests
Last Post: Rene Rechthaler
7 hours ago
» Replies: 3
» Views: 47
Technic 2019
Forum: Official Models
Last Post: Paweł Turalski
Yesterday, 17:02
» Replies: 36
» Views: 29,089
2024/2025 LDraw.org Steer...
Forum: LDraw.org Announcements
Last Post: Takeshi Takahashi
Yesterday, 14:49
» Replies: 40
» Views: 2,385
Part request: 553pb032 - ...
Last Post: Franklin W. Cain
Yesterday, 14:27
» Replies: 1
» Views: 40
Studio Connectivity Data
Forum: LDraw Editors and Viewers
Last Post: Cam's Bricks
2024-04-18, 20:13
» Replies: 22
» Views: 7,646
Creator 2023
Last Post: Marc Giraudet
2024-04-18, 19:29
» Replies: 2
» Views: 181
2024-03 update will be on...
Forum: Parts Tracker Discussion
Last Post: Steffen
2024-04-18, 18:19
» Replies: 2
» Views: 137
Calculate the individual ...
Forum: Off-Topic
Last Post: Manfred Schaefer
2024-04-18, 17:15
» Replies: 3
» Views: 315
Technic 1982
Last Post: Takeshi Takahashi
2024-04-18, 14:50
» Replies: 11
» Views: 2,496
Part request: 18392pb04 -...
Last Post: Anthony
2024-04-18, 8:06
» Replies: 0
» Views: 64

Animated Instruction
Posted by: Jarema - 2018-03-04, 8:52 - Forum: All Other Programs. - Replies (36)

How I get the same result shown on video width *.ldr files ? Can LPub3D handle it ?
I know this is possible. Some thing similar can get with LDraw. I can get this result capture screen in real-time. But i can get or build tool which work will for me in batch processing mode.

Print this item

DATHeader 3.0.20.0
Posted by: Michael Heidemann - 2018-03-03, 19:13 - Forum: Parts Author Tools - Replies (2)

There are some new features build in now and also (as always) bugfixes and changes.

New
1) New parttypes qualifier "Flexible_Section" added with check for suffix kNN
2) New option for check of scaled flat files added in the option dialog.

Changes
1) The time you need for inlining is now much less than before.
2) Check for scaled flat files is now better build in.

Bugfix
1)  History line with dirrerent bracket for the author entry is not detected.

You can download the tool as always from http://ldraw.heidemann.org/index.php?page=datheader

Print this item

lsynth and ldglite moved to github
Posted by: Don Heyse - 2018-03-03, 16:05 - Forum: LDraw File Processing and Conversion - Replies (2)

The sourceforge seems mostly dead these days so -- in an effort to make a small update to lsynth -- I've moved both lsynth and ldglite to github where I'm still somewhat active.  There are several links to both from pages here that probably ought to be changed, if anyone empowered to do so feels it's worth the effort.  It might also be a good idea to fork anything else hosted on sourceforge over to github before sourceforge disappears completely.  Is bricksmith still in use?

As for the update, I assembled a new 3.1.1 lsynth installer for Windows, but honestly I could very well have botched it since had to rescue a 10 year old windows netbook from the trash heap in order to make the attempt.

Print this item

ldraw2lws
Posted by: Michael Horvath - 2018-03-03, 12:10 - Forum: LDraw File Processing and Conversion - No Replies

Does anyone have a working link to this tool?

http://www.ldraw.org/OLD/download/win/ldraw2lws.shtml

Thanks.

[edit]

Never mind. I think Wings3D supports 3DS as well, which should be sufficient after exporting from LDView.

Wings3D website is dead at the moment, however. Are they hosted on SourceForge? I can't commit to my SF.net repo right now either.

Print this item

LGEO parts errors
Posted by: Michael Horvath - 2018-03-02, 3:45 - Forum: Rendering Techniques - No Replies

Disregard.

Print this item

Part color issue
Posted by: Michael Horvath - 2018-03-02, 1:09 - Forum: Parts Authoring - Replies (10)

4150p02.dat
Tile  2 x  2 Round with Pizza Pattern

This part calls for color 354, but there is not such color in ldconfig.ldr. Does the part need to be fixed?

[edit]

Never mind. I see it in the parts tracker already. What is the closest official color to dithered color #354?

Print this item

2018/2019 LDraw.org Steering Committee announced
Posted by: Max Martin Richter - 2018-03-01, 14:51 - Forum: LDraw.org Announcements - Replies (1)

Since we had only 5 confirmed nominees, no election is necessary

Therefore, the 2018/2019 LDraw.org Steering Committee [1] is:

Chris Dee
Philippe Hurbain
Roland Melkert
Max Martin Richter
Willy Tschager

[1] Try not to confuse the LDraw.org Steering Committee (SteerCo) with the LDraw.org Standards Board (LSB). The Steering Committee sets the course for the LDraw Organization while the Standards Board deals with the LDraw File Format.

Congratulations to the reconfirmed and new members! 

Max Martin Richter
On behalf of the LDraw.org Steering Committee

Print this item

What is the best way to quickly create custom printed parts for ldraw?
Posted by: tom alphin - 2018-02-27, 22:49 - Forum: LDraw Editors and Viewers - Replies (11)

I had a selection of 2x2 and 2x4 printed tiles made, and want to use them in my building instructions.  The images are in both PNG (bitmap) and AI (vector) formats.  

What is the easiest way to make these into custom printed parts for use in MLCad /LDraw, etc?  I would like to believe that there is an app that makes this trivial.

thanks,
---tom

Print this item

HTTPS and the Forums
Posted by: Orion Pobursky - 2018-02-26, 21:50 - Forum: Website Suggestions/Requests/Discussion - Replies (5)

Right now on the forums we are allowing external linking to non-secure content. With the recent change in security policy for most of the major browsers, I will be switching this functionality off. This means that any links to external images that are not served via a secure (HTTPS) method will appear as a broken link. Eventually this will apply to the rest ofthe websites in the LDraw ecosystem.

Print this item

Nexo Knight Parts > Detailing > e.g. 27257, 27259
Posted by: Gerald Lasser - 2018-02-26, 20:45 - Forum: Parts Authoring - Replies (1)

Philo's question on naming a strange shaped part reminded me on one open question.

These nexo Knight parts have an area that is notable rough. With a relief that is much more visible than e.g. Slopes (may be a bad comparison)
However within the LDD files, those details. are not there.

I did one part with those details, 27257 that I have attached here. What do you think, should this be modeled or not?

My approach was to have one of the bumps as a submodel (hexagonal pyramid with condlines), the coloured areas are inlined as they intersect.

Print this item