LDView 4.2 Beta 1 Released

Re: Part loading problem
x581c01.dat is in my Unofficial/parts folder and the subparts are in the Unofficial/parts/s and it is still not working.
I'm running LDView mainly in Win7.

I also recognized that the part itself loads fine, when I load the x581c01.dat directly in LDView.
The problem come when I use it in a model.
I just attached a file in which x581c01.dat is in a model (Very simple just this part, but the error occurs everytime it is used in a model)

Attached Files
.l3b   motortest.L3B (Size: 1.03 KB / Downloads: 0)
Re: LDView 4.2 Beta 1 Released
try Buf3D
https://play.google.com/store/apps/detai...plus.buf3d
Re: LDView 4.2 Beta 1 - illegal characters when exporting
will there be a 4.3 someday containing all fixes which have been aggregated so far?
I only see a x581.dat not a x581c01.dat

It also seems that there are outdated unofficial parts are used.

Using unofficial files is always on your own risk!
Why do you use it like that? The assembly x581c01.dat is fully inlined in that example.

You only have to add s\ infront of the subfiles x581s01.dat and x581s02.dat.
Like this:
1 494 0 40 90 1 0 0 0 -1 0 0 0 -1 S\X581S01.DAT

Or simply use only x581c01.dat instead.
This file I attached is the result of just selecting x581c01.dat in the toolbox of SR 3D builder and placing it in the model space and then saving it. Maybe a problem with SR 3D Builder??
By the way I use a clean fresh install of the latest official part and also downloaded and installed all unofficial parts only a couple of days ago.
But I realized that SR 3D Builder somehow deletes unofficial parts in the rebuild part list process.
But that only concerns duplicated parts, which are in the official and unofficial folder. see here
So I don't know why this part get saved this way. Mabye I should report it on the SR 3D Builder forum....
yes.
if this is expected to be a model just containing the x581c01.dat assembly,
the file is malformed. as already said, the 2 errors are:
- the part has been inlined instead of instantiated
- all referenced subfiles lack the s\ folder prefix
Yes, that's a problem of SR3D with assemblies made of subparts (kind of wrong practice on LDraw side indeed, but we do have a lot of old parts made this way). I had recently the same issue with NXT connectors...
They lacks the s/ or they should also be inlined - completely.

I _guess_ this is a bad behaviour of SR-3d Builder.
Re: LDView 4.2 Beta 1 - illegal characters when exporting
Actually, it will be 4.2. (I am in bug fix mode.) It should have been released a long time ago, but I just haven't found myself spending enough time to fix the known bugs and get the official 4.2 out the door.
I reported this error to Sergio at the SR 3D builder forum and got this answer.
So, who has now to chance what??
Ldraw library or the application using it?
As far as I know Sergio is correct that the shortcut part should not reference primitives. It should only reference components.

But... good programming does not expect perfect inputs. He should really fix that bug.

Tim
Code:
As far as I know Sergio is correct that the shortcut part should not reference primitives. It should only reference components.

But... good programming does not expect perfect inputs. He should really fix that bug.

Tim

A quick look at the PT shows that:
1) this is currently an unofficial part, so there might be errors Smile
2) there is no direct reference to a primitive
3) the subparts should be changed to be parts
4) Tim is quite right with the last statement Smile 1+
Quote:2) there is no direct reference to a primitive

Really? I looked again at x581c01.dat and found 4-4cyli.dat, 4-4cylo.dat as reference in it. I think these are primitive.
I'm no part author so maybe I got something wrong. These primitivs are beneath a BFC statement, but chance that anything?
Grr....
You are completely right and I am stupid Sad

As those files are from me, i think I need to update them quickly Smile
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »