OMR files for the AIOI

OMR files for the AIOI
Folks,

I would love to include more OMR files in the LDraw All-In-One-Installer and with MPDCenter published:

http://forums.ldraw.org/showthread.php?t...49#pid6249

you have a fine tool at hand to test for OMR compliance. Making some Technic models posted here fit for the AIOI would be a great starting point. Have a look in the models folder in the AIOI for reference if there are any doubts.

w.
LEGO ergo sum
Re: OMR files for the AIOI
Is there anyway to get the OMR without the AIOI?

I've also made a basic space minifig that can be used as a starting point for other model-specific ones (attached).

Attached Files
.ldr   space_minifig.ldr (Size: 1.52 KB / Downloads: 3)
Thank you very much for sharing your model but...

The OMR is at present something fictive.
Please read the following articel: Official Model Repository (OMR) Specification Version 1.0.2

So it is mostly a little bit more than just a minifig. But if it is a minifig then the naming needs to be correct also.
Please let us know to which official TLG set your minifig belongs. So we can use it in that complete set.
Oh, it's not for any particular model. It's just a generic minifig with as precise placement as I could manage, that could be used for other models, by changing colours, patterns, accessories and pose.

(Well, in reality I guess it's for set 886, I used the model here as a base, but as I said it's not intended to be for a particular model).
Ignacio Fernández Galván Wrote:Is there anyway to get the OMR without the AIOI?

Short answer: NO.
Long answer: The plans are to create a some sort of a PT also for OMR files. Until then I started collecting OMR models on my disc and ship them with the AIOI - say as a goody. I think also parts updates were handled this way in the pre-PT era.

w.
LEGO ergo sum
OK, a separate zip file with the models would be welcome for us Linux users then Wink
Fair reply. I'll see what I can do by adding them to the download section at LDraw.org.

w.
LEGO ergo sum
As another Linux user, I too would appreciate a seperate zip that could be downloaded.

Ideally, there will come a time when one can download individual sets, a given theme (or subtheme), or the whole kit-n-kaboodle. However, until that time, a single zip will suffice (especially since the OMR is young and still quite small).
____________________________________________________________________________________________________
I'm theJude! So that's what you call me. You know, that or, uh, his Judeness, or uh, Juder, or el Juderino if you're not into the whole brevity thing.
Is there some preferred positioning and orientation for the models?

I'm placing them with their bottom at y=0 (or the closest possible, when a part extends to non-integer coordinates), with their front side pointing toward the -z direction, and with their center or some "logical" position at z=0, x=0.
That sound good. That is the way I would also do it.
A ZIP file with the current OMR sets has been added to the download section:

http://www.ldraw.org/downloads-2/downloads.html

w.
LEGO ergo sum
good!

I just downloaded it and had my first view onto the current OMR models,
I discovered some glitches in them:

(a)
in folder "Star Wars" there are 2 strange LDR (instead of MPD) files:
- "6967 - Main model.ldr"
- "6967 - ARC Fighter.ldr"
They seem to be kind of duplicates of one another.
The only difference is that one uses 3794.dat and one 3794a.dat.
They additionally are the only LDR files, all others are MPD.

(b)
I get lots of errors from LDView when trying to open file
"0112 - Locomotive with Motor.mpd".
I think no official models distrubuted by us should do that.

©
File "6608 - Tractor.mpd" is the only file which has the model rotated facing away from the user.
I suggest rotating it around the Y axis.

(d)
for file "10190 - Market street.mpd", the "street" in the title needs to become "Street"

(e)
the origin of "8464 - Front End Loader.mpd" is misplaced
Steffen Wrote:(e)
the origin of "8464 - Front End Loader.mpd" is misplaced

And the 2793c01 parts (pneumatics) don't look right in my system, as if the used a different origin.
Code:
(b)
I get lots of errors from LDView when trying to open file
There is exactly one error:
Bad vertex sequence in BFC-enabled quad.
File: C:\Users\Michael\Documents\LDraw\Models\Train\0112 - Locomotive with Motor.mpd
Line #701
Line: 4 16 36 96 76 40 96 80 -36 96 76 -40 96 80
(Note: disabling BFC for this quad.)
Original Quad: <36 96 76> <40 96 80> <-36 96 76> <-40 96 80>
New Quad: <36 96 76> <40 96 80> <-40 96 80> <-36 96 76>

All other messages are Warnings about Whitespace in part name or do not belong to the content of this file!

I think this will happen often if you use unofficial files. Because of that they are unofficial!!
I also get

Part transformed non-uniformly.
File: D:\...\0112 - Locomotive with Motor.mpd
Line #241
Line: 1 383 0 66 36 1.06066 0 -1.06066 0 -1.5 0 1.06066 0 1.06066 u9020.dat

and many messages about stray repeated BFC CERTIFY statements.

I just wanted to point out these glitches for ironing them out. I find such errors much more important
than the correct filenaming within the MPD file, because everything that is _inside_ the MPD is kind of
its internal implementation detail.
yes, see here http://forums.ldraw.org/showthread.php?t...61#pid4561
Steffen Wrote:in folder "Star Wars" there are 2 strange LDR (instead of MPD) files:
- "6967 - Main model.ldr"
- "6967 - ARC Fighter.ldr"
They seem to be kind of duplicates of one another.
The only difference is that one uses 3794.dat and one 3794a.dat.
They additionally are the only LDR files, all others are MPD.

I will delete those from the next release.

Steffen Wrote:I get lots of errors from LDView when trying to open file

I will delete it from the next release.

Steffen Wrote:File "6608 - Tractor.mpd" is the only file which has the model rotated facing away from the user.
I suggest rotating it around the Y axis.

Steffen Wrote:for file "10190 - Market street.mpd", the "street" in the title needs to become "Street"

I'm going to correct it.

Steffen Wrote:the origin of "8464 - Front End Loader.mpd" is misplaced

w.
LEGO ergo sum
Code:
because everything that is _inside_ the MPD is kind of its internal implementation detail.
I can _not_ agree to this view!

Two points:
1) The errors you mention are caused by "imported, unofficial files". That parts are unofficial because they are not perfect at the time the model is created. So there will be errors in that model files, as long as unofficial parts are used!

2) Nowadays it is very easy to extract model, submodels from mpd content files (at least with MPDCenter). So each separete file entry is noticed and therefore should have a correct naming to not collidate!
I by the way now better understand why you were asking to make my 12v train MPDs
(more) omr-compliant; it was for this zip, right?
Now that I see better where the omr is going, I'll try to make them omr-fit.
I had not noticed before that we are already publishing official models with the aioi,
because I never checked that out because i already have installed all necessary programs.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »