I feel the list of applications should be expanded. I would like to see:
LDDP
DATHeader
LETGUI
Edger2
PrimGen
PrimGen2
etc.

If we have there a list of -all- applications that would be great. So if someone has a question for that application we have a place to talk about.
Also a very short description should be added like viewer, editor, author-tool, model-tool or something like that should be added, so the user knows whats about.
Re: List of applications should be expanded
This way the list gets endless. We should have a clear idea about the target of this new forum. It clearly aims to improve internal communication but first of all IMHO should it lower the entrance bar - in prospect of registration/authentication - to get some fresh SPAM CONTENT in. Those people look for the main progs in the first place and shouldn't be overwhelmed.

I therefore advocate for a section say "Author-tools" where we post everything about LDDP, DATHeader, LETGUI, Edger2, PrimGen, PrimGen2, etc., but not a section for every single prog.

w.
LEGO ergo sum
I like your idea with Author-Tools and also agree with your fear of loosing overview.
But I like the idea to have tool discusstion right here as before on LUGNET.
Added!
There is one major editor that's still missing, LeoCAD! (and yes, it's still alive !)
ldglite
I feel an own category missing for ldglite. I would not expect it under "others"
Disagree Re: List of applications should be expanded
I think we should reduce the categories.

Editors/Viewers
Part author tools
Other

And people can highlight what code they mean in the title.

What do you think?

Tim
Re: Disagree Re: List of applications should be expanded
I could swear I replied to this thread already, but apparently I filed it in the wrong category.
http://forums.ldraw.org/search.php?23,au..._threads=0

It would appear not Wink
> I think we should reduce the categories.

Agree!

w.
LEGO ergo sum
I like the lists exactly as they are. If other future programs come to prominence in the future while the ones currently separated wane then the forum software allows us to move topics around. However if less specificity is desired by the majority then we can accommodate. Anyone else want to weigh in on this?
I started a more broad discussion about this here.

I personally like lots of categories but I'm a bit of a compartmentaliser. I think that it does make the front forum very busy. It's a measured 'fact' of web design that most people hate scrolling and there's a lot of scrolling to do to get to most places.

Tim
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »