Sticker shortcut standard

Sticker shortcut standard
Our current rules on sticker shortcuts are:
Quote:- The shortcut may not include more than one part, although that part may be a shortcut part.

- The shortcut may not be a flat sticker on the flat surface of the part unless that surface is not parallel with one of the 3 cardinal planes (X,Y,Z). Existing sticker shortcuts that do not conform to this rule can remain in the Official Library and not be made obsolete.

- The sticker(s) must entirely fit on the part, with no portions of the sticker(s) extending beyond the boundaries of the part.

- The sticker(s) must be applied in the same location(s) as shown in the instructions for the official LEGO model from which the sticker(s) originate(s).
Note: The second and third items have been superseded and will be removed.

This doesn't encapsulate the standard practices with sticker shortcuts. The current practice is as follows:
- The part and the sticker should be color 16
- If the part is an assembly of a color 16 part and a transparent part and the sticker is placed on the transparent area: 
   - For a solid color sticker, the color will be the color of the sticker back (usually white)
   - For a transparent sticker, the color will be Trans_Sticker
RE: Sticker shortcut standard
I think the stickers in sticker shortcuts should not be color 16 but be their proper color from the sticker sheet. Otherwise, there will be an issue if the user chooses to make the parts transparent. It also avoids the convoluted coloring rule above.
(2024-05-30, 17:10)Orion Pobursky Wrote: I think the stickers in sticker shortcuts should not be color 16 but be their proper color from the sticker sheet. Otherwise, there will be an issue if the user chooses to make the parts transparent. It also avoids the convoluted coloring rule above.

Then all printed bricks should have the print in BFC NOCLIP.
I think we should only have coloured stickers on transparent (sub)parts.
To be clear, I'm fine with the current way and am not strongly advocating for change.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »