LDCad 1.7 Beta 1 (win+linux)

RE: LDCad 1.7 Beta 1 (win+linux)
(2024-03-15, 21:21)Gerald Lasser Wrote: Roland, I tried to search, but I could not find the sample for the interactive animation... where can I find it? thanks

It's 8848.mpd from the file/examples menu.
(2024-03-15, 21:32)Roland Melkert Wrote: It's 8848.mpd from the file/examples menu.

Thanks for the hint!
I have most of my custom parts divided up into their sources and I would like to create a bin for them, ideally based on their file path. 

Is this possible?
And while I am here, is it possible to get the categories as a text list similar to studio? I know that is kind of the forbidden name around here but I find the part navigation to be easier to manage than going up and down a folder structure. 

[Image: CJEJAOz.png]
(2024-05-09, 18:07)Cam's Bricks Wrote: I have most of my custom parts divided up into their sources and I would like to create a bin for them, ideally based on their file path. 

Is this possible?

Interesting but I think it's currently only possible if they sit in subfolders (like s\ ) of if they have special keywords or categories.

For this to work cleanly I would need to add 'names' to libraries so you could filter on those. Currently bin rules can only filter on official/unoffical.

It put it on my nice to have list.
(2024-05-09, 18:14)Cam's Bricks Wrote: And while I am here, is it possible to get the categories as a text list similar to studio? I know that is kind of the forbidden name around here but I find the part navigation to be easier to manage than going up and down a folder structure.

Only if you make png's for each text and use those as the mascot
(2024-05-09, 18:14)Roland Melkert Wrote: Interesting but I think it's currently only possible if they sit in subfolders (like s\ ) of if they have special keywords or categories.

For this to work cleanly I would need to add 'names' to libraries so you could filter on those. Currently bin rules can only filter on official/unoffical.

It put it on my nice to have list.

Re reading my post I definitely could use some grammar edits but to be sure I understand you, in order for it to work, I would need to add a category meta to the custom files to then be able to sort in a pbg file?
And even more questions, Do PBGs have to be in the main partBin folder to work or could I put them in the parts folder(s)?
(2024-05-09, 20:17)Cam's Bricks Wrote: in order for it to work, I would need to add a category meta to the custom files to then be able to sort in a pbg file?
Yes that is an option, a filtering pbg can than use an include rule on that category.

(2024-05-09, 20:20)Cam's Bricks Wrote: And even more questions, Do PBGs have to be in the main partBin folder to work or could I put them in the parts folder(s)?
All pbg files must be in the partBin folder. You can make subfolder inside it though.

If you're on Linux you could link to something outside the tree though.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »