LDCad 1.7 Alpha 2a (win+linux)

LDCad 1.7 Alpha 2a (win+linux)
Hello all,

I've solved all the reported Alpha 2 issues and made a new version.

Besides bug fixes I've also added 2 new minor features to the part bin:
- Hiding of zero count items during count down mode is now optional.
- Negative searching using the '!' character, eg: "1x1 !round" to get all 1x1 parts except the round ones.

[Image: attachment.php?aid=7884]

So be sure to make backups of your work before changing them with this Alpha version.

The new version can be downloaded here:
http://www.melkert.net/LDCad/nextVer
RE: LDCad 1.7 Alpha 2a (win+linux)
Is it possible to add a new feature in the parts bin: show parts that are used but not in the PBG list
(2022-06-20, 6:24)HWQ Wrote: Is it possible to add a new feature in the parts bin: show parts that are used but not in the PBG list

I was actually thinking about that awhile back and already put it on my Beta 1 'maybe' list.
Thumbs Up 
(2022-06-18, 21:12)Roland Melkert Wrote: - Negative searching using the '!' character, eg: "1x1 !round" to get all 1x1 parts except the round ones.

<snip/>

Marvellous, thank you.

David
(2022-06-18, 21:12)Roland Melkert Wrote: Besides bug fixes I've also added 2 new minor features to the part bin:
- Hiding of zero count items during count down mode is now optional.
- Negative searching using the '!' character, eg: "1x1 !round" to get all 1x1 parts except the round ones.
Thank you, Roland. Both the part countdown and 'not' operator in searches are great help for me. Part countdown is superb for alternative models making and similar tasks, the 'not' operator helps with searching, a lot.

My quick check: some parts miss their understud(s) in shadow library. For example the cheese slope 1x1 (54200) although I have the latest shadow.cf - am I doing anything wrong, please? Or are they really missing and it would be helpful if I send my findings?
(2022-06-20, 11:51)Milan Vančura Wrote: My quick check: some parts miss their understud(s) in shadow library. For example the cheese slope 1x1 (54200) although I have the latest shadow.cf - am I doing anything wrong, please? Or are they really missing and it would be helpful if I send my findings?

I've noticed the same, actually. I'll try and pay more attention, if it's not just me.
(2022-06-20, 12:51)N. W. Perry Wrote: I've noticed the same, actually. I'll try and pay more attention, if it's not just me.

54200 should have bottom connectivity. It gets this from s\54200s01.dat

Are you using the 22-03 library, given the mentioned subpart is new to the 22-03 library.

This because I do move things around based on new subparts etc from time to time.
(2022-06-20, 13:41)Roland Melkert Wrote: 54200 should have bottom connectivity. It gets this from s\54200s01.dat

Are you using the 22-03 library, given the mentioned subpart is new to the 22-03 library.

This because I do move things around based on new subparts etc from time to time.

That one comes up OK for me. The most recent one I noticed was 30150; it has a generic snap on the bottom but not its underside studs.
(2022-06-21, 1:36)N. W. Perry Wrote: That one comes up OK for me. The most recent one I noticed was 30150; it has a generic snap on the bottom but not its underside studs.

That one misses:
Code:
0 !LDCAD SNAP_CYL [gender=F] [caps=one] [secs=R 6 4] [pos=0 8 0] [grid=C 3 C 4 20 20]

Not sure how that got left out Big Grin
(2022-06-20, 13:41)Roland Melkert Wrote: 54200 should have bottom connectivity. It gets this from s\54200s01.dat

You are right, I needed to make sure both shadowfiles and ldraw library are updated. Now, 54200 works.
But the other parts I had seen are still with no understuds. According to my notes, it's a problem of these (at least): 78256, 44861, 73825, 28802, 39262 (tricky: the hole is there but understud not), 86996, 3023pb0, 98302, 3183b, 3183c, 26599, 61280p0* (all of them), 32064c (the middle minibar shadow is missing there as well), 73230, 20310,44865, 2454a, 79756, 27266, 57910, 62712, 92013, 66961 (snap on handles missing as well there), 67810, 39893, 54661, 30389c, 18455

Of course, I'm sorry the list is not complete, probably. This is just what I met last weeks.
(2022-06-22, 19:45)Milan Vančura Wrote: Of course, I'm sorry the list is not complete, probably. This is just what I met last weeks.

Seems the first few are from libraries I haven't processed yet.

So they just don't have info yet.

I'm way (way way way) behind shadow wise, hoping to catch up to at least 2022 for the beta version.
(2022-06-22, 20:55)Roland Melkert Wrote: Seems the first few are from libraries I haven't processed yet.

So they just don't have info yet.

I'm way (way way way) behind shadow wise, hoping to catch up to at least 2022 for the beta version.

OK, so a simple question: how can I help? Do you have a TODO list? You know, we are all short of time but if we were two on this work it's much better than being alone - and others may join our effort as well. I'm not a professional LDCADer (I love this term Smile ) but I already made some shadow files in past (if you remember) and I may help, for example, starting with those easier to do saving your time to make the more complicated ones. Or to work on LDCAD Beta Smile
(2022-06-23, 5:55)Milan Vančura Wrote: OK, so a simple question: how can I help? Do you have a TODO list? You know, we are all short of time but if we were two on this work it's much better than being alone - and others may join our effort as well. I'm not a professional LDCADer (I love this term Smile ) but I already made some shadow files in past (if you remember) and I may help, for example, starting with those easier to do saving your time to make the more complicated ones. Or to work on LDCAD Beta Smile

Alpha 2 has shadow info up to the 20-01 library, so 20-02 is next on my list.

I usually open a search bin, search for "20-02" (while the tags option is enabled) also using F11 and a clear transparent color.

Next I go trough all items one by one to ether add information or change/improve existing info.

I also have some tools in the DEV version of LDCad to weave out 'moved to' parts and sync descriptions etc.
I created an official LDraw.org account on Github with the intent of creating repositiories for some of LDraw.org's custom software. I haven't done that (yet) but I could create a shadow library repostory so that there's a place for people to contribute.
(2022-06-23, 21:21)Orion Pobursky Wrote: I created an official LDraw.org account on Github with the intent of creating repositiories for some of LDraw.org's custom software. I haven't done that (yet) but I could create a shadow library repostory so that there's a place for people to contribute.

Seems like a great plan.

You could use the (unpacked) shadow of Alpha 2a for the initial commit.

I could also look into how to get just the shadow seed info node from my svn repo into git if you think the history of changes might be interesting.
Awesome. I try to get something set up soon.
(2022-06-23, 21:58)Roland Melkert Wrote: Seems like a great plan.

You could use the (unpacked) shadow of Alpha 2a for the initial commit.

I could also look into how to get just the shadow seed info node from my svn repo into git if you think the history of changes might be interesting.

I used the latest shadow file released as the initial commit and started my personal git repo. Of course, I'm ready to replay my history to the common git repo when it's ready.

So far, I checked 155 parts of the latest ldraw update set (as Roland suggested) - see the status file 'status_2203'. I started at the bottom of (numerical) file name list and go up. Filenames 'ticked' are OK according to my knowledge: either they were OK or I fixed them. Filenames marked with a cross sign are not OK and I do not have enough knowledge to fix them. Sometimes, there are notes, too. I.e. if file is fixed by another (included) one.

Attached Files
.zip   shadow_2203_m1.zip (Size: 8.91 KB / Downloads: 0)
(1 hour ago)Milan Vančura Wrote: I used the latest shadow file released as the initial commit and started my personal git repo. Of course, I'm ready to replay my history to the common git repo when it's ready.

So far, I checked 155 parts of the latest ldraw update set (as Roland suggested) - see the status file 'status_2203'. I started at the bottom of (numerical) file name list and go up. Filenames 'ticked' are OK according to my knowledge: either they were OK or I fixed them. Filenames marked with a cross sign are not OK and I do not have enough knowledge to fix them. Sometimes, there are notes, too. I.e. if file is fixed by another (included) one.

The repo exists. I created it a week ago. I was waiting for some SteerCo discussion before officially. announcing.
(1 hour ago)Orion Pobursky Wrote: The repo exists. I created it a week ago. I was waiting for some SteerCo discussion before officially. announcing.

Great. So, please, just let me note if/when we can start using it (not to be faster than SteerCo Smile )
No problem, I can use my local copy until then.
I got a startup crash after (manually) syncing my config files. Turns out I forgot to update the LDraw paths to the Alpha 2a directory. My fault and easy to fix, but perhaps there could be a dummy check and ask for user input when an LDraw path loaded from the config file is not found?

Speaking of config files, the new .hkc file has an entry under partBinWinHotKeys that is just an = sign. Perhaps this was meant for the new showZeroCount option?

(Also spotted a minor typo in the same section: flipCountDiown -> flipCountDown.)
(2022-06-21, 18:48)N. W. Perry Wrote: I got a startup crash after (manually) syncing my config files. Turns out I forgot to update the LDraw paths to the Alpha 2a directory. My fault and easy to fix, but perhaps there could be a dummy check and ask for user input when an LDraw path loaded from the config file is not found?

Speaking of config files, the new .hkc file has an entry under partBinWinHotKeys that is just an = sign. Perhaps this was meant for the new showZeroCount option?

(Also spotted a minor typo in the same section: flipCountDiown -> flipCountDown.)

Thanks,

Non existing library paths should not cause a crash.

I'm not able to replicate the problem by adding a '2' to all my own paths.

Do you still have the log file(s)?

The '=' entry seems to be from the new hide zero count option, I forgot to define its ini property name Angry
(2022-06-21, 19:12)Roland Melkert Wrote: Thanks,

Non existing library paths should not cause a crash.

I'm not able to replicate the problem by adding a '2' to all my own paths.

Do you still have the log file(s)?
Yes, I think it should be these two:

.zip   Archive.zip (Size: 100.2 KB / Downloads: 1)
(2022-06-22, 1:16)N. W. Perry Wrote: Yes, I think it should be these two:

both logs seem to be loading parts from:

Z:\Applications\ldraw\complete.zip
and
Z:\Applications\ldraw\ldrawunf.zip

The log stops after it just stated loading 6 parts so there might be a multi threading bug at play.

Those bugs are very hard to replicate though, has it happened before/again?

Good thing is both logs end at the same place (while loading the same 6 parts).

Do you know what part bin group was open at the time?
(2022-06-23, 21:05)Roland Melkert Wrote: both logs seem to be loading parts from:

Z:\Applications\ldraw\complete.zip
and
Z:\Applications\ldraw\ldrawunf.zip

The log stops after it just stated loading 6 parts so there might be a multi threading bug at play.

Those bugs are very hard to replicate though, has it happened before/again?

Good thing is both logs end at the same place (while loading the same 6 parts).

Do you know what part bin group was open at the time?

I think it was one of my downloaded inventories in the sets group (set 10190).

I did get the problem to go away, simply by renaming Alpha 2 to Alpha 2a in the config file (the rest of the pathname is identical). This would have affected the shadow lib paths associated with both complete.zip and ldrawunf.zip, viz.:
Code:
<LDrawPaths>
unOff->Z:\Applications\ldraw\User\->none
unOff->Z:\Applications\ldraw\ldrawunf.zip->C:\users\nwperry\Desktop\LDCad-1-7-Alpha-2a-Win\shadow\unoffLib\
off->Z:\Applications\ldraw\complete.zip->Z:\Users\nwperry\Desktop\LDCad-1-7-Alpha-2a-Win\shadow\offLib\offLibShadow.csl
donors->Z:\Users\nwperry\Desktop\LDCad-1-7-Alpha-2a-Win\donors\->none
The Alpha 2 directory had been moved off the desktop by this time, so until I fixed it it would have been searching an invalid location.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »