LDraw.org Discussion Forums

Full Version: LDCad 1.7 Alpha 2a (win+linux)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
Hello all,

I've solved all the reported Alpha 2 issues and made a new version.

Besides bug fixes I've also added 2 new minor features to the part bin:
- Hiding of zero count items during count down mode is now optional.
- Negative searching using the '!' character, eg: "1x1 !round" to get all 1x1 parts except the round ones.

[Image: attachment.php?aid=7884]

So be sure to make backups of your work before changing them with this Alpha version.

The new version can be downloaded here:
http://www.melkert.net/LDCad/nextVer
Is it possible to add a new feature in the parts bin: show parts that are used but not in the PBG list
(2022-06-18, 21:12)Roland Melkert Wrote: [ -> ]- Negative searching using the '!' character, eg: "1x1 !round" to get all 1x1 parts except the round ones.

<snip/>

Marvellous, thank you.

David
(2022-06-18, 21:12)Roland Melkert Wrote: [ -> ]Besides bug fixes I've also added 2 new minor features to the part bin:
- Hiding of zero count items during count down mode is now optional.
- Negative searching using the '!' character, eg: "1x1 !round" to get all 1x1 parts except the round ones.
Thank you, Roland. Both the part countdown and 'not' operator in searches are great help for me. Part countdown is superb for alternative models making and similar tasks, the 'not' operator helps with searching, a lot.

My quick check: some parts miss their understud(s) in shadow library. For example the cheese slope 1x1 (54200) although I have the latest shadow.cf - am I doing anything wrong, please? Or are they really missing and it would be helpful if I send my findings?
(2022-06-20, 11:51)Milan Vančura Wrote: [ -> ]My quick check: some parts miss their understud(s) in shadow library. For example the cheese slope 1x1 (54200) although I have the latest shadow.cf - am I doing anything wrong, please? Or are they really missing and it would be helpful if I send my findings?

I've noticed the same, actually. I'll try and pay more attention, if it's not just me.
(2022-06-20, 12:51)N. W. Perry Wrote: [ -> ]I've noticed the same, actually. I'll try and pay more attention, if it's not just me.

54200 should have bottom connectivity. It gets this from s\54200s01.dat

Are you using the 22-03 library, given the mentioned subpart is new to the 22-03 library.

This because I do move things around based on new subparts etc from time to time.
(2022-06-20, 6:24)HWQ Wrote: [ -> ]Is it possible to add a new feature in the parts bin: show parts that are used but not in the PBG list

I was actually thinking about that awhile back and already put it on my Beta 1 'maybe' list.
(2022-06-20, 13:41)Roland Melkert Wrote: [ -> ]54200 should have bottom connectivity. It gets this from s\54200s01.dat

Are you using the 22-03 library, given the mentioned subpart is new to the 22-03 library.

This because I do move things around based on new subparts etc from time to time.

That one comes up OK for me. The most recent one I noticed was 30150; it has a generic snap on the bottom but not its underside studs.
(2022-06-21, 1:36)N. W. Perry Wrote: [ -> ]That one comes up OK for me. The most recent one I noticed was 30150; it has a generic snap on the bottom but not its underside studs.

That one misses:
Code:
0 !LDCAD SNAP_CYL [gender=F] [caps=one] [secs=R 6 4] [pos=0 8 0] [grid=C 3 C 4 20 20]

Not sure how that got left out Big Grin
I got a startup crash after (manually) syncing my config files. Turns out I forgot to update the LDraw paths to the Alpha 2a directory. My fault and easy to fix, but perhaps there could be a dummy check and ask for user input when an LDraw path loaded from the config file is not found?

Speaking of config files, the new .hkc file has an entry under partBinWinHotKeys that is just an = sign. Perhaps this was meant for the new showZeroCount option?

(Also spotted a minor typo in the same section: flipCountDiown -> flipCountDown.)
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5