[Suggestion] Curve the npeghole primitives

RE: [Suggestion] Cure the npeghole primitives
(2022-04-27, 13:36)Gerald Lasser Wrote: As there is no prim substitution doen on the level of lo res prims, then we do not need a tang, imho.

PS: the end-condlines of 8/3-8cylo are wrong

Edit: Attached the sample

So, I have updated all of the primitives using this one

Unfortunately, both LDFind and LDStructure refuse to work on my PC so I can't check if it works properly on all parts.

Help with getting list of the parts featuring npeghole primitives will be much appreciated

Attached Files
.zip   npegholes.zip (Size: 14.53 KB / Downloads: 0)
(2022-07-08, 17:08)Max Murtazin Wrote: So, I have updated all of the primitives using this one

Unfortunately, both LDFind and LDStructure refuse to work on my PC so I can't check if it works properly on all parts.

Help with getting list of the parts featuring npeghole primitives will be much appreciated

This is probably a comprehensive list:

https://www.ldraw.org/cgi-bin/ptscan.cgi...scope=file
(2022-07-08, 17:23)Orion Pobursky Wrote: This is probably a comprehensive list:

https://www.ldraw.org/cgi-bin/ptscan.cgi...scope=file

Thanks, forgot that you can also search it this way

After I will make edits of parts that need it, what would be my next move? Would I need some, idk, seal of approval before uploading things on the part tracker?
(2022-07-08, 17:44)Max Murtazin Wrote: After I will make edits of parts that need it, what would be my next move? Would I need some, idk, seal of approval before uploading things on the part tracker?

Part fixes have to be submitted by me. I want a fully complete and ready to go file with HISTORY line submitted to the parts admin address. An archive with all the files is preferred if there's more than a couple of files.
(2022-07-08, 17:50)Orion Pobursky Wrote: Part fixes have to be submitted by me. I want a fully complete and ready to go file with HISTORY line submitted to the parts admin address. An archive with all the files is preferred if there's more than a couple of files.

Okay, sent it, hope no problems there are present
(2022-07-08, 19:26)Max Murtazin Wrote: Okay, sent it, hope no problems there are present

Got it. I'll be away all weekend so prolly won't get to these until next week.
(2022-07-08, 19:43)Orion Pobursky Wrote: Got it. I'll be away all weekend so prolly won't get to these until next week.

Could you please let us know how many primitives have been edited, and also perhaps how many parts are affected?
Did you make any new primitives?

A summary would make the review easier.
This is the best I can do until I get home on Tuesday. 

https://www.ldraw.org/cgi-bin/ptreviewsu...?f=npeghol
RE: [Suggestion] Curve the npeghole primitives
By the way, what should be done with npeghol16 and 17? Both were essentially the version to use in place where two npeghole edges would usually met, but since, this is no longer a problem, both are now obsolete (6a and npeghole can be used instead) and are not necessary anymore
Once the official parts that use them are certified, we can make them obsolete.
Hello everyone. Going to have internet problems next two weeks, so would likely have problems with fixing problems of new prims. If anyone wants to fix any of those in that time, please feel free to. I will pick it up right after

Sorry to part tracker admins if it's going to be an issue of sort, but it isn't quite a thing in control of mine
I made myself a summary of all the descriptions of the npeghole primitives.

Yellow cell = updated designs
Blue (6d, 19, 20) = new files
Green (14, 15) = made, but never used or obsoleted
Orange (16, 17) = no longer needed. Obsolete, use npeghole or npeghol6a instead.

In the descriptions:
red = removed/moved text
green = added text

I want to change the descriptions, and use the green text, but should it be "without Extensions" or "without Top Surface Extensions"?
All the un-scalable primitives should use the word "Beam". Correct?
What does "0.125" stand for in their description? There is a mix-up of the usage of 0.25 and 0.125.

Rounding error in npeghol13.dat resulting in an overlap.

w.
LEGO ergo sum
Few files are missing from primitive reference on the topic, can those be added? It should be npeghol7, npeghol3a, npeghol4a, 39369s03, 50921, 92910 and noeghol15b
I think you are referring to the review summary, correct?

If so, these parts have been added (although npeghol15b was already there).
(2022-09-29, 22:59)Orion Pobursky Wrote: I think you are referring to the review summary, correct?

If so, these parts have been added (although npeghol15b was already there).

Yes, thank you
Origin problem in two of the primitives

Attached Files
.ldr   pegholes.ldr (Size: 1.63 KB / Downloads: 0)
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »