Technic Bionicle vs. Constraction

Technic Bionicle vs. Constraction
I think everything with "Technic Bionicle ..." should be retitled "Constraction ..." with "Bionicle" added as a KEYWORD.

Thoughts?
RE: Technic Bionicle vs. Constraction
(2022-01-25, 5:09)Orion Pobursky Wrote: I think everything with "Technic Bionicle ..." should be retitled "Constraction ..." with "Bionicle" added as a KEYWORD.

Thoughts?

As I recently reviewed such a part, I wondered, if this should be done or  not.
I'm not sure how many official Bionicle we have, but I like the suggestion.

Go for it!
(2022-01-25, 5:53)Max Martin Richter Wrote: As I recently reviewed such a part, I wondered, if this should be done or  not.
I'm not sure how many official Bionicle we have, but I like the suggestion.

Go for it!
Looks perfect with the keyword.
I don't think a simple change like that is good. We need to have a more specific approach, part by part.
I see a badly named minifig body in the list, among other parts, that would only end up in another bad place.

I remember an image, can't find it now, describing the idea behind these figures.
On the basic level there's body/skelleton parts, like torso, leg, arm, foot, hand, ...
Next is a layer of shields and armoured body parts.
Next is a layer of decorations like spikes, pins, emblems,  attached on the body of the figure.
Then, all the accessories and weapons.

We have both Constraction and Constraction Accessory in the list of categories to use here.

But many of them would be better named as Constraction, than Technic Bionicle.
I don't really follow you on the layer discussion. Can you use some examples?
(2022-01-25, 17:54)Orion Pobursky Wrote: I don't really follow you on the layer discussion. Can you use some examples?

Perhaps this? 
https://en.brickimedia.org/wiki/File:Ccbs_system.jpeg
(2022-01-25, 17:54)Orion Pobursky Wrote: I don't really follow you on the layer discussion. Can you use some examples?

Found it.
https://www.newelementary.com/2014/11/le...ments.html
The paragraph in this text called CCBS describe what I was trying to say.

Or this image.

Had a second look at the list of Technic Bionicle parts and most of them are possible to rename like you suggested.
(2022-01-25, 21:23)N. W. Perry Wrote: Perhaps this?

Yes, you found it too.
(2022-01-25, 22:27)Magnus Forsberg Wrote: Found it.
https://www.newelementary.com/2014/11/le...ments.html
The paragraph in this text called CCBS describe what I was trying to say.

Or this image.

Had a second look at the list of Technic Bionicle parts and most of them are possible to rename like you suggested.

So based on this, anything in the CCBS "core" is Constraction and anything that attaches to the "core" is Constraction Accessory. I'm open to adding more "Constraction ..." categories but not too many.

At the end of the day I want to recategorize anything "Technic Bionicle" to either just "Technic" or "Constraction ...". It is relatively easy to recategorize a part from Constraction to Techinic if a part is adopted into the wider Technic design.
(2022-01-26, 16:03)Orion Pobursky Wrote: So based on this, anything in the CCBS "core" is Constraction and anything that attaches to the "core" is Constraction Accessory. I'm open to adding more "Constraction ..." categories but not too many.

Does core include only "bones", or armor shells are included too?
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »