Step for moving parts

Step for moving parts
Does anyone know if LDraw allows to create step for moving some parts (instead of adding)? 

For a complex model, it is very common to add a part (like a pin) to a component, then push it in when connecting to another component. But I haven't found a way to make such instruction in LDraw. 

Thanks!
RE: Step for moving parts
(2021-12-03, 23:42)mihao Wrote: Does anyone know if LDraw allows to create step for moving some parts (instead of adding)? 

For a complex model, it is very common to add a part (like a pin) to a component, then push it in when connecting to another component. But I haven't found a way to make such instruction in LDraw. 

Thanks!

There are a couple of solutions for this, none of which is 100% ideal. The most widely used is buffer exchange, a set of metas from MLCad that's also understood by LPub and LDCad. LPub also has a new feature called Build Mod[ification], which is supposed to update this process but I think isn't fully implemented yet.

Documentation for these features isn't great—the best way to learn about them may be to search this forum.
(2021-12-04, 2:36)N. W. Perry Wrote: There are a couple of solutions for this, none of which is 100% ideal. The most widely used is buffer exchange, a set of metas from MLCad that's also understood by LPub and LDCad. LPub also has a new feature called Build Mod[ification], which is supposed to update this process but I think isn't fully implemented yet.

Documentation for these features isn't great—the best way to learn about them may be to search this forum.

Thank you! I'll look up for it. Sounds very promising!
Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin
(2021-12-04, 2:36)N. W. Perry Wrote: There are a couple of solutions for this, none of which is 100% ideal. The most widely used is buffer exchange, a set of metas from MLCad that's also understood by LPub and LDCad. LPub also has a new feature called Build Mod[ification], which is supposed to update this process but I think isn't fully implemented yet.

Actually I just tried build modification, and it seems to be working well. One question, is there a good way to indicate the moved parts in the build mod step? Thanks!
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »