Parts Tracker - Complete Part Download Option

Parts Tracker - Complete Part Download Option
This is kind of a usability feature for people getting unofficial parts from the PT.

Right now the way to do this is:
  • Either a download of the entire unofficial lib
    - slow
    - huge
    - manual transfer to Stud.io+ no need to worry about forgotten subfiles or prims
  • Or manually download them one by one and the necessary subfile
    - subfile/new prim might get overlooked
    - tedious to go through all the required files
    - manual transfer to Stud.io
    + small in size/bandwidth
  • Use the LDView update feature
    + small in bandwidth+ quick- manual transfer to Stud.io

Now if you want to import new parts into Stud.io you need to extract them from the various download locations (either the unofficial files or the download folder of your PC and need to remember where to put the file accordingly)

That's why it might bw worth considering this proposal:

If a file still has dependencies on unofficial sub-parts or prims, add a Button which allows you to download "all required files"
The download will consist of a ZIP file with the correct structure inside (p/, Parts/ parts/s/, etc.) so that you can simply unpack it into the custom parts folder of Studio.

What's your opinion?
RE: Parts Tracker - Complete Part Download Option
(2021-07-27, 9:09)Gerald Lasser Wrote: What's your opinion?

Isn't that Stud.io prog from BL owned by The LEGO Group? The very same company that kick us out of the LAN 'cos our user group was of no use for them?

w.
LEGO ergo sum
I would hugely appreciate that possibility too, i missed it many times ?
(2021-07-27, 10:38)Willy Tschager Wrote: Isn't that Stud.io prog from BL owned by The LEGO Group? The very same company that kick us out of the LAN 'cos our user group was of no use for them?

w.

hm, seems to ring a bell Cool
(2021-07-27, 9:09)Gerald Lasser Wrote: What's your opinion?

That's an interesting development idea.
Chris (LDraw Parts Library Admin)
(2021-07-27, 9:09)Gerald Lasser Wrote: If a file still has dependencies on unofficial sub-parts or prims, add a Button which allows you to download "all required files"

It would be great to have a zip created based on a search I made.
Like a set number in the keywords, or all the stickers in on the same sheet number.
I like this idea. Maybe something like a separate button on the parts page, which will create a zip-file containing the part and all its (downward) dependencies.

/Max
I just came across this thread on Eurobricks, which realized this feature, but only for official parts.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »