LDCad Forming a rubber band

Forming a rubber band
Hi all,

Can someone help me with forming a rubber band like this?

.png   assembly.png (Size: 138.62 KB / Downloads: 48)

.png   rubberband.png (Size: 84.71 KB / Downloads: 46)

Drawn by hand

LDraw file attached.

Thanks.

Attached Files
.ldr   rubberband.ldr (Size: 42.49 KB / Downloads: 3)
Jaco van der Molen
lpub.binarybricks.nl
RE: Forming a rubber band
(2021-03-16, 20:57)Jaco van der Molen Wrote: Can someone help me with forming a rubber band like this?

You need to use a counter clockwise control point to push the lowest part up.

Like so

I also changed the skins segment base size from 400% to 200% to make the smaller circles more round.
(2021-03-16, 21:07)Roland Melkert Wrote: You need to use a counter clockwise control point to push the lowest part up.

Like so

I also changed the skins segment base size from 400% to 200% to make the smaller circles more round.

Ah yes, found it. I am getting nice results with a lot of trial and error.

There is way more to it than I thought and there are many more possibilities to form flexible parts I see.

This is rather complicated and not all options are easy to understand. I guess neither is the way to explain all this.

Thanks, Roland!
Jaco van der Molen
lpub.binarybricks.nl
(2021-03-17, 8:48)Jaco van der Molen Wrote: Ah yes, found it. I am getting nice results with a lot of trial and error.

There is way more to it than I thought and there are many more possibilities to form flexible parts I see.

This is rather complicated and not all options are easy to understand. I guess neither is the way to explain all this.

Thanks, Roland!

This is what I made of it now.

.png   RUBBERBAND.png (Size: 294.1 KB / Downloads: 32)

Attached Files
.ldr   rubberband.ldr (Size: 357.42 KB / Downloads: 2)
Jaco van der Molen
lpub.binarybricks.nl
(2021-03-17, 9:37)Jaco van der Molen Wrote: This is what I made of it now.

I think it can be made more natural looking with a flat top, as I did here, using a control point for each beam 2L

Attached Files
.mpd   rubberband.mpd (Size: 144.61 KB / Downloads: 3)
(2021-03-17, 10:50)Philippe Hurbain Wrote: I think it can be made more natural looking with a flat top, as I did here, using a control point for each beam 2L

Yes, that is what I was looking for.
Since I have not yet built the physical model, I guessed it should look more like this, but could not get it right.
Thank you!
Jaco van der Molen
lpub.binarybricks.nl
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »