MLCad.ini 2020-01 update now available

MLCad.ini 2020-01 update now available
Hi folks,

I just updated the MLCad.ini file accordingly to the latest LDraw.org parts update 2020-01. The .ini file defines (among other things) the parts available in MLCad's, LEOCad's and Bricksmith's minifigure generator.

Download the file from my website: http://www.holly-wood.it/mlcad/mlcad_ini-en.html

Bye, w.
LEGO ergo sum
RE: MLCad.ini 2020-01 update now available
(2020-07-27, 8:44)Willy Tschager Wrote: Hi folks,

I just updated the MLCad.ini file accordingly to the latest LDraw.org parts update 2020-01. The .ini file defines (among other things) the parts available in MLCad's, LEOCad's and Bricksmith's minifigure generator.

Download the file from my website: http://www.holly-wood.it/mlcad/mlcad_ini-en.html

Bye, w.

Salve Caro,

Thanks for the info, and all the work Willy.

What do you think of the idea in parallel to create a PBG from the content of INI?
That would be more or less a minifig generator for LDcad.

You would only have to have subgroups of sorting within this PBG - I am not clear about how you can do this.
But Roland surely knows how to do it with a smile.

..would of course be happy to help , you have enough work.

stay brave as always

Uli
(2020-07-27, 16:40)Ulrich Röder Wrote: What do you think of the idea in parallel to create a PBG from the content of INI?
That would be more or less a minifig generator for LDcad.

Hi Uli,

it is my understanding that Roland doesn't want have a Minifig generator in LDCad, 'cos the connection already do the work.

w.
LEGO ergo sum
What's wrong with the sorting already done in LDCad?
I dont see why a single pbg based on the ini would make it better. What we need is maybe more sorting under the figure groups.

I know that Roland is trying to add snapinfo to all new official part in every part release. And sometimes there's a new file published here in the forum. As a user I wish we could also have updated partgroups published, somewhere.
I tried editing my groups to include the boxing and basball glove. Not easy. To many rules, on different levels, in the grouping.

Maybe someone could write a tutorial?
(2020-07-28, 13:20)Magnus Forsberg Wrote: What's wrong with the sorting already done in LDCad?
I dont see why a single pbg based on the ini would make it better. What we need is maybe more sorting under the figure groups.

I know that Roland is trying to add snapinfo to all new official part in every part release. And sometimes there's a new file published here in the forum. As a user I wish we could also have updated partgroups published, somewhere.
I tried editing my groups to include the boxing and basball glove. Not easy. To many rules, on different levels, in the grouping.

Maybe someone could write a tutorial?

I think you misunderstood something ... quite the contrary ... just because the sorting is so good, I got the idea to use it cleverly.
With the subdivisions within the PGB (quasi a multiPGB) I mean exactly what you are saying yourself ...
Sorting, visual overview & quick access.

But well, if it is like Willy says that Roland is rather averse to it, the idea is buried anyway.
(2020-07-28, 14:29)Ulrich Röder Wrote: I think you misunderstood something ... quite the contrary ... just because the sorting is so good, I got the idea to use it cleverly.
With the subdivisions within the PGB (quasi a multiPGB) I mean exactly what you are saying yourself ...
Sorting, visual overview & quick access.

But well, if it is like Willy says that Roland is rather averse to it, the idea is buried anyway.

I definitely don't understand your idea. Are you suggesting a grouping where each bucket is the parts for a specific minfig?
(2020-07-28, 14:52)Orion Pobursky Wrote: I definitely don't understand your idea. Are you suggesting a grouping where each bucket is the parts for a specific minfig?

First of all, that's just a basic idea.
What would be the best structure for such groups, is the next thought.
It's like Magnus says ... it's difficult.

The groupings according to topics which actually already  work very nicely through the filtering would have an alternate ... not just for a single body part ... but in connection with all relevant body parts and accessoiries -  specific for a desired set.

Just as an example:
If all minifigure parts (essential body parts and accessories) would provided with all setnumbers in which they are ever used (via keywords) ... type in the desired setnumber - hit the button once and you have all you need in front of your nose ...
Of course that would be a sysiphus work....clear.

PS: btw....there is still a small Log in problem as describbed in the PN
(2020-07-28, 16:07)Ulrich Röder Wrote: Just as an example:
If all minifigure parts (essential body parts and accessories) would provided with all setnumbers in which they are ever used (via keywords) ... type in the desired setnumber - hit the button once and you have all you need in front of your nose ...
Of course that would be a sysiphus work....clear.

You could make a new group in the minifig section and split content by e.g. category (can be done with a single pbg), or by keyword (would need 1 pbg per keyword requirement).

Maybe you could draw a rough tree structure image to illustrate your idea a bit more?
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »