Complete Part 32004a - Wheel 68.8 x 24 Model Team Type 1

Part 32004a - Wheel 68.8 x 24 Model Team Type 1
Thumbs Up 
Since, although this part appears in only a single set (5571 Giant Truck), that set seems to be a favorite model for many of us, I thought I'd officially request the wheel hub that missing from the library:

https://www.bricklink.com/v2/catalog/cat...4a#T=C&C=9

Happy to work on it myself…but that will be sometime in the future after I get (much) more familiar with parts authoring!
RE: Part 32004a - Wheel 68.8 x 24 Model Team Type 1
(2019-09-28, 13:59)N. W. Perry Wrote: Since, although this part appears in only a single set (5571 Giant Truck), that set seems to be a favorite model for many of us, I thought I'd officially request the wheel hub that missing from the library:

https://www.bricklink.com/v2/catalog/cat...4a#T=C&C=9

Happy to work on it myself…but that will be sometime in the future after I get (much) more familiar with parts authoring!

That should be fairly easy to do by adapting the 32004b subfile

That's what I though before I opened the file... Looks like it needs some cleanup...

However, closing the gap, inserting a cylinder with the dimple, that's it.

Gerald
(2019-09-28, 16:45)Gerald Lasser Wrote: That should be fairly easy to do by adapting the 32004b subfile

That's what I though before I opened the file... Looks like it needs some cleanup...

However, closing the gap, inserting a cylinder with the dimple, that's it.

Hmmm…yeah, there are some odd things in the file.

Here's a first draft, but I'm not too sure. The existing geometry in the spokes doesn't match the 48-sided prims, and I'm wondering if I should reconcile that. I also found some extraneous condlines, degenerate triangles, just in the section I worked on. Probably would find more if I went over the whole file.

And is there any reason the flat surface underneath the spokes can't just be 1-6 ring primitives?

(This draft is missing condlines on the new top surface, because I anticipate reworking it some.)

.dat   32004as01.dat (Size: 61.33 KB / Downloads: 6)
I re-did this wheel now.

It looks to me that the original shape was made for LGEO it was quite detailed.

What did I do:
- Swapped from 48 to 16 in many places reducing triangles
- Cleaned up Geometry
- made a common a/b subfile
- made new a and b subfiles for the respective details.

Still looks good when rendered:

(2021-03-15, 18:00)Gerald Lasser Wrote: I re-did this wheel now.

It looks to me that the original shape was made for LGEO it was quite detailed.

What did I do:
- Swapped from 48 to 16 in many places reducing triangles
- Cleaned up Geometry
- made a common a/b subfile
- made new a and b subfiles for the respective details.

Still looks good when rendered:

Wow, thanks! Looks beautiful; now all our Black Cat models will be appropriate and correct. Cool

And I think it was the right approach to re-subfile both versions, because there was definitely a lot of funny stuff going on.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »