New Parts Tracker reviewers

New Parts Tracker reviewers
The 2018-02 Parts Update, and many of the most recent updates, have relied heavily upon a small number of reviewers, who assess the submitted parts for completeness, accuracy, compliance to the standards and demonstrate a logical approach to naming and subparting. The numbers of certify reviews by each reviewer on files released in update 2018-02 were as follows:

599 MMR1988
  573 MagFors
  332 Steffen
  327 Philo
   68 arezey
   52 Holly-Wood
   20 GeraldLasser
   15 BlackBrick89
    9 mikeheide
    6 mkennedy
    2 theJudeAbides
    2 dulcaoin

As with part authoring, this is not a competition, but it would help to reduce the backlog if we could get more active reviewers onboard.

There is no rigid assessment process, but we do expect candiates to have demonstrated authoring skills, show an understanding and acceptance of the Official Library Standards and be able to provide constructive feedback to authors.

Please contact me or reply here if you feel you have these abilities and are able to contribute.
Chris (LDraw Parts Library Admin)
RE: New Parts Tracker reviewers
Hello, 
I'm a new user and I would like to help in the review process. I'm not sure to be a good author but I may give a try. I was trying to update my computer listing and I got stucked when trying to add some Next Power Tiles (part n° 22385). I have seen some new "unofficial parts library" which are looking as the pieces I have in front of eyes.

Additionnally, I have found a 404 error in this page (link Help! What is this page?) :
http://www.ldraw.org/cgi-bin/tracker/review.cgi
(2018-12-27, 2:04)Nicolas BUSSIÈRE Wrote: Hello, 
I'm a new user and I would like to help in the review process. I'm not sure to be a good author but I may give a try. I was trying to update my computer listing and I got stucked when trying to add some Next Power Tiles (part n° 22385). I have seen some new "unofficial parts library" which are looking as the pieces I have in front of eyes.

Additionnally, I have found a 404 error in this page (link Help! What is this page?) :

Thanks for reporting the missing page. I'll investigate later this week when I'm back home.

We have found that potential reviewers do need to have gained some experience with authoring a range of real parts before they can assess other authors' work. So thanks for your offer, but I don't think you are ready just yet. 

Please do consider signing up as an author and creating more parts for the library.
(2018-12-27, 2:04)Nicolas BUSSIÈRE Wrote: Hello, 

Link to 'Help' page now corrected.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »