Help?

Help?
Information 
When I try to open LDraw on the latest version of Windows 7, this error appears:

"The version of this file is not compatible with the version of Windows you're running. Check your computer's system information to see whether you need an x86 (32-bit) or x64 (64-bit) version of the program, and then contact the software publisher."

Any help? (I'm a 64-bit user.)
Many thanks.
RE: Help?
(2018-08-31, 21:32)Christian Murray Wrote: When I try to open LDraw on the latest version of Windows 7, this error appears:

"The version of this file is not compatible with the version of Windows you're running. Check your computer's system information to see whether you need an x86 (32-bit) or x64 (64-bit) version of the program, and then contact the software publisher."

Many thanks.
Are talking about the LDraw All-In-One installer or a single program.

w.
LEGO ergo sum
(2018-09-01, 10:07)Willy Tschager Wrote:
(2018-08-31, 21:32)Christian Murray Wrote: When I try to open LDraw on the latest version of Windows 7, this error appears:

Many thanks.
Are talking about the LDraw All-In-One installer or a single program.

w.

I'm talking about the All-In-One installer.
(2018-09-01, 20:39)Christian Murray Wrote:
(2018-09-01, 10:07)Willy Tschager Wrote: Are talking about the LDraw All-In-One installer or a single program.

w.

I'm talking about the All-In-One installer.

The current AIOI is a 32bit-only installer. Do you have a folder called c:\windows\LDraw on your system?

w.
LEGO ergo sum
(2018-09-01, 21:12)Willy Tschager Wrote:
(2018-09-01, 20:39)Christian Murray Wrote: I'm talking about the All-In-One installer.

The current AIOI is a 32bit-only installer. Do you have a folder called c:\windows\LDraw on your system?

w.
No...
Hi Christian,

32 bit programs should run just fine on 64 bit Windows so there’s something weird going on. Can you do a couple troubleshooting steps for me? First, delete the AIOI exe and redownload it. See if that works, sometimes this error is caused by a corrupted download. Second, if it’s still not working, right click on the the file and choose “Run as Adminstrator”. That may work as well.
(2018-09-01, 23:40)Orion Pobursky Wrote: Hi Christian,

32 bit programs should run just fine on 64 bit Windows so there’s something weird going on. Can you do a couple troubleshooting steps for me? First, delete the AIOI exe and redownload it. See if that works, sometimes this error is caused by a corrupted download. Second, if it’s still not working, right click on the the file and choose “Run as Adminstrator”. That may work as well.

Okay. I will try!
EDIT: Didn't work...
Press the windows key + R and type in winver. Post a screenshot of the the popping up dialog.

w.
LEGO ergo sum
(2018-09-02, 9:26)Willy Tschager Wrote: Press the windows key + R and type in winver. Post a screenshot of the the popping up dialog.

w.

Attached Files
.png   DIALOG.png (Size: 72.4 KB / Downloads: 24)
Ok, I can confirm that the AIOI installer on our servers is corrupt. This is probably the cause of your error. Until I get our file fixed, please use the mirror at 1000stiene:
https://www.1000steine.de/downloads/LDra...bit_v2.exe
(2018-09-03, 3:29)Orion Pobursky Wrote: Ok, I can confirm that the AIOI installer on our servers is corrupt. This is probably the cause of your error. Until I get our file fixed, please use the mirror at 1000stiene:

And now our file is good. Both download links should give you a working file.
(2018-09-03, 3:46)Orion Pobursky Wrote:
(2018-09-03, 3:29)Orion Pobursky Wrote: Ok, I can confirm that the AIOI installer on our servers is corrupt. This is probably the cause of your error. Until I get our file fixed, please use the mirror at 1000stiene:

And now our file is good. Both download links should give you a working file.

Thank you so much!
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »